US comics or Japanese manga?

US comics or Japanese manga?

Total Votes : 5,905
Japan comics FTW!!!!!
Neither for me to be honest, I like X men, spiderman, along with superman, and batman for american comics, and for japanese comics I liked yu yu hakusho and rurouni kenshin. The reason why I said neither though is because I lost interest in batman, superman, and spiderman, whereas xmen began to suck, and I really only liked the 2 japanese mangas that I listed. Besides, aside from hentai I haven't read anything in a comic book format or even comic book related for years.
i like them ( both )
Japanese manga with English translation, you can't beat that :D
i think it was because of dragonball z that i like manga
I chose manga because the difference between weekly updates and monthly updates is huge
I was surrounded by anime and manga growing up, so my obvious choice would have to be manga. But, I dont completely disregard comics. Some of my fav manga/anime : gundam wings, naruto, DBZ/GT, FMA. Comics : spider man
I'd have to admit... US comics were... In between good and bad. But if it's fighting against Japanese Manga... Then there's no doubt that Japanese Manga is the real winner! Wincest is most awesome... But... (Personal favorite combo: Vanilla + Oppai + Incest = IT'S SO DAMN DELICIOUS, THAT I COULD STAY AWAKE AND FAP FOR 10 YEARS STRAIGHT!!!!!
US comics, hands dowm.

Mangoos are for weebs.
This forum is basically for Otakus. So the result of this poll is pretty obvious! XDDDD
let me see, comics- good storyline and a lot of action, some hot chicks. Manga- Decent storyline, some action, AND CUTE GIRLS
I like webcomics like Romantically Apocolyptic, but... manga will always have a special place in my heart :')
Manga, that's why the rest of us are here.
Well comics are hard to follow, with titles and characters changing from an author to another there wasn't many editors in France until the late 80's.
We don't have the 'monthly issue' culture, meaning that graphic novels have a much larger audience. That and Otomo's Akira encountering a huge success, followed by TV broadcasts of japanese animation (from Captain Herlock to Dragon Ball and Hokuto no Ken) I must say that my generation is far more influenced by manga.

Still with internet now it's easier to follow comic books' actuality and it's now frequent to find a large selection of comics alongside european comic books and mangas in book stores.
Given where you're asking this, the results were obvious. Hope there's one one here who is more into Western nerd culture, they tend to be the angrier nerds so a topic like this might set them off.

Having read plenty of both (though I wouldn't say I "grew up" with either), manga if far superior. There are horrible ones on both sides and there are great ones on both sides but yeah, manga is superior. Admittedly, one of manga's biggest advantages is its oh so much prettier pictures.

Oh, and manga also tend to have so much more variety and versatility, though I guess that might be due to the fact the Golden Age of Comic Books is over and comic books aren't being produced in the same rate and quality as mangas are being produced in Japan. The West is a large place though, so even if 1% of its population like comic books, that's still a lot of people.
Both are entertaining and that's their job. :D
Love Manga and US Comics.
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
I'm about 30% Comics and 70% Manga. I can't live without manga, but I really enjoy certain comics, such as Green Lantern from DC and X-Men from Marvel.
manga FTW
Mangas and Belgian/French 'Bande dessinée' are my favourites. They're very different so there's no point in comparing, really.
One last thing: this poll is kinda lame. I mean, if it's a hentai website, most people who visit it like Japanese comics.
Manga definitely, US comics are alright I guess, but they just aren't that interesting I mean the basic idea in them is repeating itself like 'we have to save the world, town or something else' every time basically nothing new and in manga you got a lot of stuff and it's different most of the time.