Playstation 4 Confirmed/Speculated Release Date

Pages Prev12345Next
I imagine that the controller is going to be really wide or big, because of the touch screen.

Edit : GOD DAMN IT!!! I can't read the comment section on the video, with all those PC FANBOYS!!!! >: |
lollercookiez wrote...

Still to this day, the Playstation 2 is still in production. And so far, the PS3 has not even reached half the amount of games of the PS2 library.

actually ps2 production has ended I think last year. look for a thread called "farewell ps2" or something similiar. all the news on wat is going on about the ps2 in that. though there is stil lgames being produced for it. My latest ps2 game purchase was yu-gi-oh tag force (the one with jaden and his hero type monsters), though this was back in 2010.

I myself am not ready for new consoles. dunno why but I feel kinda unhappy that soon the 360 will be replaced with a new model of the xbox that has rumors that say it doesn't have backwards compatability and requires a code purchase if the game was bought used. :/ of course these rumors also apply to the latest playstation console recently annouced.
Well I am a very happy camper after all that hype!
Silencio200 AHHHHHHH! I AM A CAT!
Well... It look fine. But I wanted something more... beyond the Current state of the art, I mean I saw the "likely specs" and well... is nothing a PC (a Good Gamer PC) can’t beat.
and i don't want to start a fight here. I like PS, I had PS1,2 and I have PS3, and a PSP(1000). Although I currently only use to see blue ray as I prefer games on PC and there are few exclusives (right now).
but as I saw the processor of the PS4 will not be a new-gen Cell Processor for what I read it will be a X86_64(a PC processor basically) 8GB ram (which is fine)... and so on.
The controller looks fantastic that I most agree. But I worry that the ps4 lifetime might be short due the technology is nothing that cannot be done on a pc, and how long until we see some technology that a ps4 can’t handle. A new physics algorithm, a new anti-alias optimization. Or whatever.

for example the head demo was basically the NVidia Head techdemo( www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGWAYS5uRw ) plus the NVidia tessellation demo( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cECnvJeXXE8 )

Basically I see one problem in console and to some extend to the smartphone tendencies. PC is almost infinitely upgradeable just buy Parts that needs to be changed as they are universally compatible (given a set of standards) the consoles, smartphones aren't, manufactures does not want? Or allow them to be upgradeable and that is a shame.

Now not all is bad news this upgrade mean something good for everyone:
The fact the architecture is the same as a PC means PC games will be easier to port to PS4 and the way around.
Installing Linux to a ps4 (if you want to try and or hack if they don't give the option) can be easier than on a ps3
Now with the change to a newer technology will fanny allow devs to advance on which technologies to implement for example and as stated above now they can use better shaders implementations, anti-alias, tessellation (multiplatform games will not suffer as much as they do currently)

now lets see what Microsoft has to offer, it was funny to see bungie will make a game for Sony... and for what i read Microsoft will be paying Sony due they will be using blue-ray i hope they don't use any windows 8 or surface tech(or well since i have no love for Microsoft or Xbox for that matter i hope they use it)

and don't forget the Android Consoles (either, project Shield from NVidia or OUYA)
"Used games will work on the PS4"

Thank fuck for that.
Explain to me why at the end of the conference it said "WINTER 2013" is that when they are actually going to have a console to show us?
Hentanize wrote...

Thank fuck for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's if you bought a used copy of a game right? Alot of controversy floated around on the fact that the PS4 was not able to do this, but seeing how that's a rumor shot down, my only worry is back-wards compatibility , CD and PSN store merchandise wise.
Cyndas wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

Thank fuck for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's if you bought a used copy of a game right?

That's how I understood it. If it does allow backwards compatibility then that's a very very big plus.
Okay microsft, sony has done the right thing. Will you follow?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/730149/playstation-4-wont-block-used-games-sony-confirms/
Callonia wrote...
PS4? I'm still playing on my PS2 O_o

same lol and also my original xbox :P
You can play used games???? YAAAAAY!!! \ ( O w O)/

Not sure about the new XBOX though~
shinji_ikari Mustn't Run Away...
lol...I'm waiting for some dick move like region locking...our removing one of the essential functions of the PS4 a few months after launch cause of some clever homebrew that makes Sony piss blood into their apple juice.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Good video is good video..

Kaimax wrote...
Good video is good video..

Finally, someone telling it like it is. I got a good laugh at all the people raging in the comments.

GamingNerd wrote...
lollercookiez wrote...

Still to this day, the Playstation 2 is still in production. And so far, the PS3 has not even reached half the amount of games of the PS2 library.

actually ps2 production has ended I think last year.

Lollercookiez made that post two years ago.
And this is why it's all about the games.
Hildedge wrote...
Explain to me why at the end of the conference it said "WINTER 2013" is that when they are actually going to have a console to show us?

I believe that is the release window.
Okay, enough time has passed, and I'm going to say my piece on ps4.

I have zero loyalty to consoles whatsoever like I have zero loyalty to tvs whatsoever.

I only watch tv for the history channel cuz its a channel that's amusing enough for me.

Which means I'll only get a PS4 if there's a game i want to play badly enough to buy one.

I don't quite care about this device called a console, its just an medium for me to play the real stuff... games. I honestly feel bad for the fanboys, they miss out by sticking only to one console.
Spoiler:

PS4 to receive two PC exclusives so far.
I'll pick up the PS4 when I see a good fighting game (like Street Fighter 5 for example) come out for it. Till then, i'll continue to rock the PS3. Im in no rush at all.
I know the PS4 can play Livestream videos,but how does It work after the system's release this fall?
Pages Prev12345Next