What VN are you playing? What do you think about it?

Finished Dra+Koi. First pure laugh from a VN since Osadai, plus that vanilla is super sweet.. Too bad it's too short. Then again, it being short is also a forte, since the effort and time reading it is small.
Tears to Tiara 2 has a RELEASE DATE! THIS YEAR OCTOBER!

... But it's on FUCKING PS3? WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!?
Kaimax Best Master-San
Zolnir wrote...

OH SHI~~~~~ I haven't been checking their site for a while. Good thing I have my PS3 and currently I have all of their games.. but fuck October... need to save up some money...
Kaimax wrote...
Zolnir wrote...

OH SHI~~~~~ I haven't been checking their site for a while. Good thing I have my PS3 and currently I have all of their games.. but fuck October... need to save up some money...

October's quite far away o_O you shouldn't need to be saving so long if you're working?

... AT LEAST YOU ALREADY HAVE A PS3! T_T
Kaimax Best Master-San
Zolnir wrote...
October's quite far away o_O you shouldn't need to be saving so long if you're working?

I'm still in college, and don't have a full time job yet, then there's Summer Comiket right around the corner.
Dra Koi review.

So this is a rather short comedy with all that infamous (among us Nitroplus fans) poetic style of storytelling that made what should've been complete nonsense into something hotblooded, exciting and ROMANCE. XD

So first, I sensed a little bit of Demonbane revival here, and I am very happy to read them (the style I mean). Second, the art somehow just FIT the story in a way that makes me laughed non-stop whenever the comedy began. Third, HOLY SHIT THAT MUSIC OH YEAAAAHHHH

Obviously this isn't going to be a professional-looking review, so you'll have to bear with me a bit longer.

Dra Koi is a pretty amazing visual novel with a short but compelling story and a bunch of hilarious as hell characters. The mother was so badass, crap and WTF at the same time that the combination couldn't seem to exist. Like eeeeverytime the protagonist told her to fuck off I cannot help but nod my agreement with a crazed laughter. HURRAH FOR THE DEFENSE FORCES!

Now, about the ending of the VN. I disliked the ending the 'Faithful' choice provided because even though it has an epilogue (kinda), the issue was hardly resolved and there wasn't even an extra CG or something. On the other hand, the supposedly NOT-true end 'Not Faithful' provided with a rather satisfying conclusion and did include an extra CG, so, my verdict is 'Not Faithful' is the true end for Dra Koi. No matter whatever the hell Nitroplus say.

So, overall quality? Quite good. Entertainment value? Top notch. Ingenuity? I have never read a better dragon, hero and princess love story than this. Kudos!
Playing the second ace attorney game. I am terrible at this, I feel such presure having to make a decision effecting peoples lives (despite them being fictional I still panic at decision making) it is awesome besides that though, just finished the first case it seems like it can only get better.
Zolnir wrote...
Won't quote full post.

Completely agree with you. And I thought I was the only one reminded of Demonbane when reading Dra+Koi. It was really nice to see that kind of style again. Even more because Dra+Koi writer is also Demonbane writer.

Imagine if there was a route for the mother. Now I would pay a lot to see that =P

Regarding the end, this is all about the romance.
Spoiler:
After we make the faithful or not faithful choice, the dialog between the protagonist and the dragon explains that the dragon strongly believes that it should not question why dragons should be a sacrifice. She's (the dragon) satisfied with having loved, for being able to live a romance.

Really, it's not my kind of ending so I also prefer being unfaithful.

UsagiHime wrote...
Playing the second ace attorney game. I am terrible at this, I feel such presure having to make a decision effecting peoples lives (despite them being fictional I still panic at decision making) it is awesome besides that though, just finished the first case it seems like it can only get better.

I had a webpage with the walkthough open when I was reading Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Seriously, it would take a LONG TIME for me to finish it if I didn't use a walkthrough.
I was playing Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney for a while, and then at one point I was playing Hotel Dusk, but I put that one down for a while, thinking of picking them both up again soon.

Any good recommendations?
SkelliDrops wrote...
I was playing Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney for a while, and then at one point I was playing Hotel Dusk, but I put that one down for a while, thinking of picking them both up again soon.

What kind on VN's do you like? I meen personaly I can only recomend things like fate/stay night and rewrite but if you are looking for something else on DS id recomend 999. It may be hard to find but it's pretty great, more of a thriller of course. I'd take a gander at it.
UsagiHime wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...

What kind on VN's do you like? I meen personaly I can only recomend things like fate/stay night and rewrite but if you are looking for something else on DS id recomend 999. It may be hard to find but it's pretty great, more of a thriller of course. I'd take a gander at it.

Uhm just about anything really, the only kinds that I don't really like are the horror-esque ones. I didn't know there was a Fate/Stay night one, I'll definitely check it out ~
Currently, Katawa Shoujo which is a funny name since their disabilities aren't actually the focus of the VN more like a convenient feature that makes the characters more intriguing. Except for maybe Hanako, but I have a feeling it could just be a really large rash and she would behave the same.

On a side note I agree with Zolnir about Dra koi. You want a damn STORY? 'eff that, give me an EPIC ROMANCE! Also might want to spoiler tag the ending choices.
The choices by themselves won't mean anything to those who haven't read the story. At worst they're gonna think it's some retardedly boring drama bullshit (which it's not) and decide not to read, but if after all that explaining I've done they still want to misunderstand then it's not my problem.
Zolnir wrote...
The choices by themselves won't mean anything to those who haven't read the story. At worst they're gonna think it's some retardedly boring drama bullshit (which it's not) and decide not to read, but if after all that explaining I've done they still want to misunderstand then it's not my problem.

I was worried more about how your spoiler would affect a new player's enjoyment of the VN since you stated one choice was better than the other (which I 120% agree with) so a person might approach that choice in the VN with bias. But you are doing an informal review and most people read your posts intending to get influenced by your opinion so it is unlikely for any damage to occur unless a person really focused onto this comedic review in which case they should clearly be doing something else..damn I'm bored.
Yesterday, I finished Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow-.

Man, the more I read the style used in what a beautiful series, the more I like it. Oh, and the art is beautiful.

So, as you go through the story you may or may not get engrossed in it due to it's atmosphere. I found it to be pretty good. I felt it was more immersive than the one on Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-. If you like to read something with a bit of a dark tone, you'll probably like some events on Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

This game uses a lot of repetition. Now, on the beginning I found the repetition boring but soon enough I started to like it. This is probably related to the style the author wanted to use. The same was done on Sekien no Inganock although not as much.

I absolutely refuse to play the minigame. I tried to read Shikkoku no Sharnoth a long time ago but dropped it because of the minigame. It was boring and consumed a lot of time. Yes, I don't like that much gameplay elements like these on VNs so don't blame me that much for not reading Shikkoku no Sharnoth previously =P Thank god the Fullvoice ReBORN Edition gives the option to skip all minigames.

The soundtrack was great to establish just the right atmosphere so I don't have any complains there.

My main complaint is with the way the story finished. It felt a bit disappointing with all the build up done so far.

With all this, I give a 7.5/10 to Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow-. The ending has a lot of room for improvement and some interactions didn't seem that interesting. Nonetheless, it's a nice experience.
Just started Kara No Shoujo.
>enters investigation phase
>don't know what to do
I think I'm gonna head towards Bad Ends, a lot.
Sanada-Kun wrote...
Just started Kara No Shoujo.
>enters investigation phase
>don't know what to do
I think I'm gonna head towards Bad Ends, a lot.

I still remember when Kara no Shoujo was released. Some people said they used the walkthrough and made what was necessary but still got a bad end lol In the end, they missed a little something so if you ever follow the walkthrough and still get a bad end, you missed something.
I'm absolutely sure of this for one main reason: It happened to me too >_>
was planning to replay Saya no Uta, but Jast wont let me buy in my country. Dang.
Zzzz, I can't believe how hard it is to get into Madou Koukaku's True End; you literally had to power level all of the main characters and heroines (except the shopkeeper and questgiver) up till level 40 - by that time everyone should have max loyalty - not counting previous hardships to get every single one of them while making the correct choices. It is theoretically possible to get true end at your first run, but the game's difficulty makes it an absolute chore as you try to farm out the materials and complete as many quests as possible.

I WAS SUPPOSED TO FINISH THE GAME TODAY DANG IT! NOW I HAVE TO DRAG IT A DAY LONGER SHIIIIII -
Why I'm enjoying KnS.... I already met 3 different bad endings yet it doesn't stop me from playing. Also the titlescreen music, damn so captivating.

fuck this gamefaqs walkthrough always lead me to bad end first lol.