Rate the Last Movie You Saw

ToyManC Forgot my safe word
The Wolverine: 5/10. I was prepared for hordes of ninja and samurai vs. Wolverine, but it turned out that he mostly fought yakuza and street thugs. Not awful, but not up to the hype and promises.
The Sorcerer and The White Snake- 5/10 would not watch again

Boring movie with mildly entertaining action, Jet Li is disappoint in this one
Platoon - 10/10

The best Vietnam War movie I've ever seen, seriously.
Grown ups 2 8/10
The Sorcerer and The White Snake - 5/10
Naruto: Road to Ninja = 5/10
V/H/S - 7.5/10...pretty intense horror film, definitely a movie to watch.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Inhuman resources 6/10... lack plot... fucking fangora films.
Indie sex 1-3. Meh/ok
Left behind - 10/10
Olympus Has Fallen 6/10
Mediocre action movie
ToyManC wrote...
The Wolverine: 5/10. I was prepared for hordes of ninja and samurai vs. Wolverine, but it turned out that he mostly fought yakuza and street thugs. Not awful, but not up to the hype and promises.

It wasnt about the action. It was about Logan fighting his demons and finally finding inner peace. And to set up Days of Futures Past.
ToyManC Forgot my safe word
Opaz wrote...
ToyManC wrote...

It wasnt about the action. It was about Logan fighting his demons and finally finding inner peace. And to set up Days of Futures Past.

You apparently object to my opinion, but I fail to see your review of the movie on this thread. If I wanted to watch a superhero movie where the hero constantly bemoans his fate and cries about every little thing, I'd watch 'The Amazing Spiderman' again. Wolverine is a warrior, not a self-doubting, ineffectual caveman living in the woods.

By all means show him coming to terms with the death of Jean Grey, but don't emasculate the character to do it. In what way did he fight his demons? Apparently it only took killing a few dozen yakuza and sleeping with Mariko to do it. As for inner peace, where was that exhibited? He was just as quick to draw his claws on Magneto as he ever was, at the end.

Lastly, this movie gave us the Silver Samurai in the last fifteen minutes and killed him less than ten minutes later! This is an iconic Wolverine villain, and to treat him like a petty foot soldier is a waste of special effects.

By all means, feel free to disagree with my assessment, but I didn't see you take exception with all the other lackluster reviews for this movie to be found on this thread.
ToyManC wrote...
Opaz wrote...
ToyManC wrote...

You apparently object to my opinion, but I fail to see your review of the movie on this thread. If I wanted to watch a superhero movie where the hero constantly bemoans his fate and cries about every little thing, I'd watch 'The Amazing Spiderman' again. Wolverine is a warrior, not a self-doubting, ineffectual caveman living in the woods.

By all means show him coming to terms with the death of Jean Grey, but don't emasculate the character to do it. In what way did he fight his demons? Apparently it only took killing a few dozen yakuza and sleeping with Mariko to do it. As for inner peace, where was that exhibited? He was just as quick to draw his claws on Magneto as he ever was, at the end.

Lastly, this movie gave us the Silver Samurai in the last fifteen minutes and killed him less than ten minutes later! This is an iconic Wolverine villain, and to treat him like a petty foot soldier is a waste of special effects.

By all means, feel free to disagree with my assessment, but I didn't see you take exception with all the other lackluster reviews for this movie to be found on this thread.

I am not bashing your opinion nor am I singling you out for your review. I did not go through 116 pages worth of posts to look for Wolverine reviews. I do actually agree with you that the Silver Samurai fell victim to the Hollywood standard of killing off major villains after one movie. This movie tried to stay close to the original comic it was based on, but it could have been better since i felt that they rushed some of it. Again I did not single you out and I am sorry if it came out that way.
Star trek into darkness. Really good, but what makes it great are the shots when the enterprise comes out of anything and the music begins to play. 5/5
Pacific Rim - 10/10, it was like my childhood brought back to life with giant robots beating the crap out of aliens.
Sadako 3-d

5/10

I liked it, the lead actress was beautiful. I liked how they made Sadako's backstory known but I really wish they didn't make it 3-d.
KLoWn wrote...

The ending was really nice too, although somewhat fucked up lol.

Umm, SOMEWHAT?
the lone ranger 6/10
wasn't terrible, visually stunning and a great cast but I wasn't as thrilled by it as much as I hoped.
Jack and the giant slayer - movie that i'll rate high 10/10
Elysuim - 8/10 not District 9, but its still a good movie.