do you watch anime legally or are you a pirate

Pages Prev123Next

do you watch anime legally?

Total Votes : 64
I'm definitely a pirate, the chances of getting legal anime in my country (Malawi) is close to zero, and the bastards from DSTV cancelled both sci-fi (such a sad memory in my lyf)and animax (again they deprive of another channel that provides anime). So frankly speaking if I want anime I just go on the net, since buying DVDs/BDs would involve buying them from abroad and with our corrupt and expensive transport systems, it would be the end of me (still in college don't have the money for this).
I stream, because I prefer to watch the original, and subbed is the closest I can get to that
MitanaRoku wrote...
I stream, because I prefer to watch the original, and subbed is the closest I can get to that

You do realize that just about all the dvds come with the sub voices on it right?
Mattbenz99 wrote...
MitanaRoku wrote...

You do realize that just about all the dvds come with the sub voices on it right?

Nope, thanks for the info
I stream because most of the time I cant go out and buy manga or anime. Let the pirate bay live on!
I pirate, stream everything. Even if it's an anime I love to death I do not spend money on it, the biggest reason is because I am a cheapskate, anime is important to me but considering my family finances and impending financial crisis I prefer my own life. Even if it's on crunchyroll or other similar sites I will not watch it since there are legitimate and profitable but nonetheless annoying restrictions in place.
MitanaRoku wrote...
Mattbenz99 wrote...
MitanaRoku wrote...

Nope, thanks for the info

The only shows I know of that release dub only dvds are kids shows or 4kids shows like pokemon, yugioh, digimon etc. Most shows either have a hybrid release (both English and Japanese) or sub only releases (if there is no dub).
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
brok3n butterfly wrote...

[size=1]Context was the same as topic of the thread. I'm a window shopper.[/h]

Same VA as Kuuko?
I usually buy manga unless it's unavailable in Canada (Like Jojo for example) but most of the time with anime I watch it on crunchyroll. Before crunchyroll I streamed everything or looked for torrents. Very rarely do I need to do that now.
However, I think the only set of anime DVDs I've ever purchased have been GANTZ. I know I can't afford dvds or box sets.
UsagiHime wrote...
I usually buy manga unless it's unavailable in Canada (Like Jojo for example) but most of the time with anime I watch it on crunchyroll. Before crunchyroll I streamed everything or looked for torrents. Very rarely do I need to do that now.
However, I think the only set of anime DVDs I've ever purchased have been GANTZ. I know I can't afford dvds or box sets.

funimation sells save edition dvds which only cost $15-$20 for a 26er
Kissanime.com

Plays 720p anime and has a HUGE list of anime. i definately recommend this to everyone, im surprised i didnt find this out sooner 0_0
Sadly I can't support as much as I'd like to because I'm broke, so I pirate lots anime. However, I save up a little and buy the anime sets I like. Its the least I can do.
DarkShatter wrote...
Sadly I can't support as much as I'd like to because I'm broke, so I pirate lots anime. However, I save up a little and buy the anime sets I like. Its the least I can do.

what about legal streams?
Fruid Lurker of Threads
I torrent. Why? I've been doing it from '05 so it's a habit by now. When there's a consistent, reliable, and quality way to view anime I'm open to changing. When the fansubbing is at a higher quality than many of the streamed releases, there's not much incentive to buy a streaming service.
I mostly watch it online cause i don't get to watch fresh new Japaneses anime

but when they are in box set i will buy them
I watch what is available on crunchyroll and pirate the rest.
I'm a pirate and I'll be sailing these virtual seas for many years to come.
A pirates life is the life for me.
Sorry I download all my anime because I'm a quality freak.
I definitely say I'm a pirate. There's a few too many websites offering the anime I like to watch for free as well as there being ways to download said anime.
Pages Prev123Next