Hayao Miyazaki retires

Pages Prev123Next
thank god, chink had to stop one day.
[15:36:00] Paprika: havent been to the forums in ages :o
[15:43:58] Paprika: and when I go to the forums, I find out that Miyazaki retires. Fuck this world >:

AND TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD DAY! D:
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Sneakyone wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
.________.

Well... looks like it's all on Anno to make Nausicaa 2 now.

That sounds like a horrible idea. It would be like Urobochi directing K-ON.

Do people seriously not know that Anno had a hand in making the original Nausicaa as well?!
FuckThisAndFuckYou wrote...
He's pulled the retirement card before. I'm guessing he'll still help quite a bit during projects but due to his age he'll stop directing major projects and such.

Yeah, he has announced his retirement before and I while I think now it is more likely and understandable I can't see him actually stepping away from the company in any major way. He will still have a large influence on each film.
artcellrox wrote...
Sneakyone wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
.________.

Well... looks like it's all on Anno to make Nausicaa 2 now.

That sounds like a horrible idea. It would be like Urobochi directing K-ON.

Do people seriously not know that Anno had a hand in making the original Nausicaa as well?!

Are you not a know-it-all. Really? Like people spend their days looking that shit up?
Is it a secret that Art is a besserwisser? Huh.

It's a shame that Miyazaki is retiring, but hardly surprising. Anno, on the other hand is also a great film-maker and having him in a key-position on a Ghibli feature would be pretty cool.
I've never watched any of his work, not my style.
I'm just posting here just to get more posts :D
Sad to hear about Miyazaki's Retirement, I always enjoyed watching his works.
He had to retie sometime, guys. He can't do it forever.
I loved Spirited Away and all of his other works, but again; he can't do this forever.
Medzy wrote...
He had to retie sometime, guys. He can't do it forever.
I loved Spirited Away and all of his other works, but again; he can't do this forever.

Have you no faith in the closest thing we have to God?
He's 72 years old now. I think his retirement is long past due. It's sad to see him go, but I think it's for the best.
As long as Goro doesn't make any more movies...
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
yummines wrote...

His own son sucks?
Well that really sucks >:
artcellrox wrote...
yummines wrote...

His own son sucks?

Well first of all his son didn't even want to go into animation. He only did so cause he knew he was going to get a ton of notoriety for being Hayao Miyazaki's son.

Second, yea. My friend told me he watched Tales of Earthsea even though he was told it had a big negative reception just for the fact it was Miyazaki's son and said it sucked.

But since you don't know him, take Wikipedia's word for it:

Le Guin's mixed opinion of the film is indicative of the overall reception of the film, particularly in Japan. In Japan, the film found both strong proponents and detractors. Many of the opinions can best be summed up in a response to Le Guin's comments on her website, that the weak points of the film were the result of "when too much responsibility was shouldered by someone not equipped for it".

The critical reception in Japan was also very mixed. By the end of the year of its release, Tales from Earthsea was awarded "Worst Movie" in the Bunshun Raspberry Awards, with director Goro Miyazaki being given the "Worst Director" award.
As of June 2013, Rotten Tomatoes' Tomatometer shows a rating of 42%.
http://www.longestlist.com/file/28cl82vecm8fu/[/hayo miyazaki farewell]
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
Seeing how Hayao Miyazaki is going to retired In Honor of him i am going to watch ever movie that he has ever made.
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
Well its game over...
TIME TO FUCKING QUIT LIFE
It's sad to hear that Miyazaki-san is retiring especially since he is pretty much the Walt Disney of Japan. I'm really gonna miss his movies that gave an important message everytime you watched them
Pages Prev123Next