What is THE saddest piece of music you've heard

Pages 1234Next
As said, what is the saddest piece of music you've ever had the pleasure/displeasure of hearing ? Any form of music is fine eg: music from symphonies, opera, favourite genre. Personally, I find the ending scene of Don Giovanni by mozart to be the most horrifying and sad, along with fade to black by metallica. Also if you really want to, name most epic or uplifting or strange music. Here's a link to the scene in Don Giovanni I'm referring to- [youtube]m.youtube.com/watch?v=dK1_vm0FMAU&feature=fvwrel[/youtube] And you can search fade to black easily enough by. Yo. Self...
Protip: There's a youtube button for a reason

Anyhow, probably this.

It's better if you've actually played Yume Nikki though
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
This entire album. Helps to know the context and mindset he made it in.

All the feels when I hear this song....

This thread again...

Not really the saddest song, but if you listen to the lyrics its a horrifying tale. The Lannister family completely killed an entire rival family and now when it rains in Castamere no one is there to hear it.

Can't seem to find a YouTube version of the piano version that I have on my phone so this rendition will do. It's still pretty awesome, and sad. Especially if, like me, it brings back memories of Haku and Zabuza...

Most of the music I listen to is pretty energized so I could only think of sad songs from anime and visual novels, made all the sorrowful because I attach them to my memory of the actual events they relate to in the mediums.

I picked silent sorrow from saya no uta. The scene it is used in in the eroge is one of the most tear inducing things Ive ever encountered.

Coming in second would be some of the sad songs from clannad, not sure which, and the piece that plays during the climax of haibane renmei: Nightmare, parting, loss.
Katatonia makes quite some sad tunes, but my favorite momentarily would be Abandoned by Kamelot.

Medzy wrote...
This thread again...

Not the saddest, but definitely a sad one that I like.

This whole album is Soul-Crushing done well.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/xSi_FE52TAY.*?[/youtube]
This song specifically this performance. It's actually a hit or miss to how sad I feel when I hear this. Every other time I'm like yeah its beautiful but no tears. Sometimes during hardships and the first time I heard this I was just bawlin out

Also this song.

Spoiler:

This in the ending credits of Mewtwo Strikes Back because I didn't want it to end.

Spoiler:

And this in general is a sad song.
Antw0n Remember me?
I can't not be sad.

1 classic music and i cant remember

Google the meaning of this song and you cry. I promise.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
House of cards - Madina Lake

Spoiler:
Can't go wrong with a good rock ballad.

I'm going to post a couple that I think can be incredibly sad.

How it Ends - DeVotchKa
Spoiler:

Mad World (Tears for Fears Cover) - Gary Jules and Michael Andrews
Spoiler:

Where Shade Once Was - Agalloch
Spoiler:

First thing that came to my mind...
Pages 1234Next