Which age group do you prefer in your anime?

Which age group do you prefer in your anime?

Total Votes : 5,519
17-22 is quite mature for most ages. Depending on how the story goes.
Got to be leagal. Lol.
Same age of Nanoha and Fate. *drools* Onee-chans be prepare! Guhehehehe
i wish i could've chosen two, because i like the age range of 18-28. i find them more relatable since i'm 24. and i like watching more mature stories
Does Age actually matter?
I mean ... Character has nothing to do with age right? (Especially in Anime - since they can be whatever the author want regardless of that character's age)
Maybe appearance? Then in that case 17 to 30 ... I guess :-SS
17+ so it's legal to corrupt them.
I can enjoy any Anime as long as it has a good writing, appealing character designs, and good production value.
11-16 because Negima! There really is no other reason. And coming in second is my age group, so late teens early twenties, and that's because of general relatability (?), and the thought that I could be that, even if it isn't possible.
The fun starts at 17-22 years because one becomes adult and discovers how shitty is reality and this is related to most of us.
I like the slice of life genre and school life genre so I chose the age you are in early high school.
Lolicon Forever!!'
I noticed a lot of comments seem to be focusing more on the appearance of the characters more than what the age of the character will actually imply about the anime. Chances are, if they're 5-10 it'll be cute, random, and comical, (which is great for a laugh) but too much of that is really not what I look for in anime.

11-16 could go along with any genre. The main character who drives the focus often won't know what the hell they're doing unless they're actually 2,384,758,374 years old with the biological age of a 11-16 year old. Take NGE for example, or FLCL. If you're looking for a "coming of age" story, this is where you'll go.

I can understand why 17-22 would have the majority of votes, since that age range could take any roll in any genre for the most part. If you decided not vote for this age range, that's perfectly understandable, since these characters are extremely common in anime, and they don't help much if you prefer anime that's strictly more or less mature.

23-30 is where a lot of the anime badasses come in. Spike, Vash the Stampede, Motoko Kusanagi, (If you consider her "biological" age and not the age of her constructed body), and many others. We also have less bad-ass, but still great, memorable characters, and I could name hundreds. If you prefer comical anime that you could relate to, or something action packed, this seems to be what you'd go along with.

31-40. Not too different from 23-30, except that the characters are usually more laid-back. This is what I picked, and honestly it's probably because I've been watching a lot of Space Brothers lately, and I wanted to make a quick decision, but it holds. I've enjoyed every anime I've seen with a lead character in this age range, I couldn't say the same for 5-30.

41+ years. I haven't seen a lot of animes with a main character above the age of 40, but I wouldn't hesitate to check out any recommendations.
Personally, I prefer anime around my age so that I can come back to fakku and fap
Capchan wrote...

41+ years. I haven't seen a lot of animes with a main character above the age of 40, but I wouldn't hesitate to check out any recommendations.

I think Goku from Dragon Ball GT was that old, or older since he already got a granddaughter.

As people age and mature, their tastes and preferences changes as well. Having the right age of the protagonist on the right show is important to me. I cant offer too much explanation but here's an example:

Uso from Mobile Suit Victory Gundam is 13 years old. He was forced into war and experienced many harsh realities about it. Does it mean that we can always have 13 year old characters, or younger be in war themed shows? NO.

It's a good thing he was not scarred that much on the show, and it helped him to be a strong person but what if he was not that mentally strong? I'd shudder to think about the consequences.

If it's a violent show, I'd rather have a character who is 20 years and above but if it's a comedy, then anyone can be on it.

-DarkdaemonPK2
If I had to say that the age group has to be from like seventeen to thirty. Because they have the same perspective that I have dealing with the situation at hand.

I mean I would say that I have watched other anime that have younger and older groups, but I see myself more headed to the group that are my age. Its like you want a story you could relate to more and more, whether its slice of life or over the top fantasy action.
I tend to watch more anime with characters around 17-22 so I voted for that, But I think it all comes down to story in the end. For example I like anime the have older characters like House of Five Leaves.
17 to 22 keeps things interesting.
Loli to 29 ;D
Imma go for 23-30, i do like the tad older woman, but again plot and story does alot too :D
Its when people get to around the ages of 17-22 that I begin to take them even slightly seriously. I think that's a pretty good age group to start with and a good number of anime has made that group work (One Piece being a phenomenal example). Although I wouldn't mind seeing main characters that are just a bit older in a lot more anime.