Ar no Surge

Pages Prev123Next
The trailer is absolutely superb, not only because of its music, but also because Ammy's avatar's rhythm matches the beat perfectly. This is mesmerizing. XD
It looks like they pushed the switch further up in regards to fan service. Unlike mibuchiha I don't mind this at all.
Opening movie
Spoiler:
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Hentanize wrote...
It looks like they pushed the switch further up in regards to fan service. Unlike mibuchiha I don't mind this at all.

Because AT3 was your first experience with the series, it is completely understandable. Some of us who followed them since the first find it hard to shake off the feeling that AT3 was a degeneration from the greatness (the actual, unshat-on) AT2 brought over and so we're rather annoyed. As a whole it could've been the all-time great in terms of beauty of the sounds, the ranges of emotions covered and storytelling.

But with all the moaning sluts and immaturity? A set of merely enjoyable games.
mibuchiha wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

Because AT3 was your first experience with the series, it is completely understandable. Some of us who followed them since the first find it hard to shake off the feeling that AT3 was a degeneration from the greatness (the actual, unshat-on) AT2 brought over and so we're rather annoyed. As a whole it could've been the all-time great in terms of beauty of the sounds, the ranges of emotions covered and storytelling.

But with all the moaning sluts and immaturity? A set of merely enjoyable games.

haha... u just read my mind.. but I do prefer AT2 since I really like the combat system.. but AT3 really disapoint me.. in terms of story and gameplay
These arts please me, now I need to go on a hunt for the other games before I even start this.
Girls in ar and ciel is way hotter than the last game.... ar tonelico 3.

I just want to friggin play ciel no surge nao >< And I hope to hear news about usa release of ar no surge by next year at least nay scratch that. THIS YEAR! xD
Ar Nosurge is very easily equal to Ar Tonelico 2. One of the best EXA_PICO games ever. I almost want to say it's better than 2, but I'm coming off that amazing high. That and Ar Tonelico 2 was a fucking amazing game in so many more ways than one. To match that makes up for Ar Tonelico 3 so much.

Some guy who completed it on another forum.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Hentanize wrote...
Ar Nosurge is very easily equal to Ar Tonelico 2. One of the best EXA_PICO games ever. I almost want to say it's better than 2, but I'm coming off that amazing high. That and Ar Tonelico 2 was a fucking amazing game in so many more ways than one. To match that makes up for Ar Tonelico 3 so much.

O-fucking-kay. I definitely don't see how a game involving sluts stripping can be any good, after the horror that is Ar Tonelico 3, but now I'm getting curious. You don't just make that kind of label lightheartedly.

But first; what forum are we taking about here? And the username of that guy?
mibuchiha wrote...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758807&page=4
last post
mibuchiha wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

O-fucking-kay. I definitely don't see how a game involving sluts stripping can be any good, after the horror that is Ar Tonelico 3, but now I'm getting curious. You don't just make that kind of label lightheartedly.

I think you're overreacting a bit. From what I've seen from all of the trailers, the fan-service really doesn't look too bad. I just don't see this game being as immature as you think it is... "sluts stripping" seems like kind of an over exaggeration.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Ammy wrote...
mibuchiha wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

I think you're overreacting a bit. From what I've seen from all of the trailers, the fan-service really doesn't look too bad. I just don't see this game being as immature as you think it is... "sluts stripping" seems like kind of an over exaggeration.

Well, first, the story (mainly the meta-story) is clearly a solemn one. Therefore just having some kind of fanservice is already queer for such a story. While that is tolerable, okay, so people are such horny creatures they need sexual innuendos in their games, that still doesn't justify the excessive amount given in AT3 and from what I saw in the trailer, AnS (what's with that part where you have to grope the chicks wtf calling dibs on the 'justification' being no more than 'uh, I like groping').

Secondly, the dives. Finnel god Finnel. Never have I seen a cosmosphere as repulsive as thine. While the big eye is very understandably related to her life problems, the whole toilet and BDSM shenanigans is nothing but fanservice. Hell, Tilia's was boring as fuck (and a little innuendotastic) but it still managed to somehow be more decent than her. Saki... err, I would write on her but she seemed like the good kid archetype (read: boring*) and I don't remember anything inherently sexual with her cosmophere so whatever.

Third, those chicks-in-a-set thing. Hell, they didn't even do much plotwise. Even Aurica did more than them all (except Sakiya, Ar Ru and Suzuno) combined. "Hurr we're goddesses and our role** here is to strip so you can have more things to drool at."

And they threw all these bullshit in the finale of a trilogy I had stellar expectations for. I find it perfectly sensible for me and other fans to be salty**** and complaining about it. While I do like tiramisu and I fucking love a good juicy steak*****, any chef dumb enough to mix them in a plate will probably get a good dose of anger and be thought of a total retard. Similarly, you have such wonderful stories, solemn meta-story, great execution, ample opportunities for emotional connection, (of particular emphasis) beautiful hymns... but the representatives for these things are... actually, I doubt even sluts have those kind of bullshit in their subconscious mind. Smh Finnel. And to think YOU sang EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/. The gap is appalling.

And you see a prequel to the said trilogy showing signs of the same shenanigans? You get fucking careful. Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, Ar Tonelico is srs bsns.

* Not really her fault. Her problems are completely understandable given her personality/ideals, just that it's pretty ehh for me.

** I'm aware of their canon roles and I couldn't have guessed*** them if I hadn't read about it. Shows how of little importance they are, even at their main purpose.

*** Not entirely true. Those three exceptions made it fairly obvious. Still doesn't justify the existence of those extras sadly.

**** Milages vary.

***** Would you like a cup of BBQ Soda?
Guys!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/24/tecmo-koei-europe-teasing-surge-concerto-localization/

All I know is that I won't be able to sleep well tonight from excitement.
Callonia wrote...
Guys!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/24/tecmo-koei-europe-teasing-surge-concerto-localization/

In my veins
Hentanize wrote...
Callonia wrote...
Guys!

In my veins

This news make me moist.

Now all I need is info on Ciel no Surge xD
Well if the US doesn't get a physical release, then I can at least import a physical copy from the EU. Don't know how to feel about the absence of Ciel nosurge though.
Forgot this is coming out. Buying it day one since I've heard it's comparable to Ar Tonelico 2, a game I've never played but hailed as the best in the series.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Hentanize wrote...
Forgot this is coming out. Buying it day one since I've heard it's comparable to Ar Tonelico 2, a game I've never played but hailed as the best in the series.

If you do plan to, you would do well to wait.

http://www.at2.metalbat.com/
Well.. I do hope they bring dual song on the ar no surge.. but seems unlikely... T^T
Pages Prev123Next