Watermarks?

Watermarks?

Total Votes : 5,955
Shouldn't this thread be closed? The latest release had the watermarks so I'm assuming the FAKKU team is gonna keep them?
everything that has been put in to Fakku must not be deleted or erase.
so we must keep them.
I say keep them because the watermarks really aren't in the way at all. So I don't see anything wrong with them being there. Besides, if you guys watermark the pages, and somehow your credits page gets lost (i.e. someone stole your work) people will still be able to identify the manga as coming from this site. And they'll find lots of more awesome hentai and pronz!

And the world will be happy! \(^-^)/
It's best to keep them.

You don't want someone taking your work and claiming as their own.
I say only tag a few pages from each manga, so they'll be seen but not in the way the whole time. Maybe the first few pages and the last few, or every fifth page. You guys deserve credit for the work, and they're not going to remove every fifth page to avoid crediting you when they repost it.
I vote for keep em' almost never noticed them, only time i noticed was when the post about possibly removing them was posted up =P seriously you guys put quite a lot of work into this, and you guys deserve the credit, If it doesn't bother you guys, it's definitely no bother to us :)
Just a noob here, but as your reputation precedes you in this genre of the netscapades, (as is evidenced by the registration rolls.), I find that most of the translations I see that actually make sense in english (lol) are FAKKU anyway.
I will vote remove for the integrity of the art, but I bow to your efforts on our behalf and leave you with this: You, and your staff, have earned the right to make this decision and I appreciate that you even give two shits what I think.
Thanks!
[size=14]I think you should keep them! You are easily the best site for this stuff! Your watermarks are well deserved! And anyone who says otherwise is tapped! Keep up the good work, Fakku =]. You're doing a brilliant job.[/h]
I know I'm kinda late to this but what hentai was used in this voting poll on the front page? It reads, "I can't remember anything that happened before I started going out with you.
moneyshot wrote...
I know I'm kinda late to this but what hentai was used in this voting poll on the front page? It reads, "I can't remember anything that happened before I started going out with you.

The answer is at the first page of the poll.
Keep 'em! They're hardly obtrusive, and frankly you're one of my favorite translator groups, so your watermark is never a bother. Also, it's a little bit of recognition, in case someone removes the credits pages or something of the sort, then they can still figure out you had something to do with the translation.
yeah ryt, fakku really deserves credit, so don't need to remove them
Keep'em! You deserve it. This is the centre of the universe, so the watermarks should stay. :)
Am i the only one who didnt realise the water marks til right now?
It's really a matter of infringement upon the rights of the author, however, with the added stipulation that they were translated and the author's name is all over it, it is an understandable additive to the work. Also, it really is not an eyesore or anything that will be annoying to readers. It's simply giving credit to the site for translation and availability. I vote to keep them
Imo, the highest quality works are ones that have a credits page (start or end of the manga), and leave it at that.

Yes its more easily ripped off, but think of it this way.

If watermarking lowers the number of ripoffs to your work, it will also lower the number of copies floating around on the internet.

Without a watermark, people will still rip it off, but it'll be out there on the internet.

Those that copy it regardless of watermarks will likely leave a nice coverpage intact in the first place.

So without a watermark, more people will get to see and enjoy your work.
I say keep em. They don't bother me one bit, and you guys deserve your credit.
keep em! XD I don't see anything wrong with them. Well, this is only my opinion.
I say keep them. Its not like they interfere TOO much with the manga anyway. And it shows the people who worked on them, in a way.