Shipping Now! - Renai Sample

Time to give everyone an update on Renai Sample! Previously I wanted to have the books shipped by the first week of November, but unfortunately that wasn't possible. Right now we are expecting to receive Renai Sample from our printers on November 24th, currently they are in a bunch of shipping containers on a nice boat somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Once we receive them we will be shipping them out immediately starting with the oldest orders first; it will probably take about a week to get them all sent out. I take responsibility for being overly optimistic on our initial shipping date, I really wish we could ship the books out earlier.

To make it up to everyone, I am going to gift every user that has pre-ordered Renai Sample up until now a free subscription to FAKKU Gold. FAKKU Gold has not been officially released or even announced. It is still in an early Alpha, but it is the foundation for a service that will eventually be implemented on FAKKU. I am actively working on this so you can provide me with feedback and suggestions and even hatemail, right now you'll be able to: turn off all advertisements, receive 10% discount on all store purchases (including FAKKU Books), set your own custom rank, use the read history feature, use the read later feature, keep track of multiple avatar uploads, configure a bunch of random options, and post in the FAKKU Gold forum. I stress this is still in Alpha, so don't hate me too much if something doesn't work 100% correctly. I'll be giving everyone FAKKU Gold later today/tomorrow and will be sending out an email with more details.

Going forward I am going to make sure there is a 2 - 3 month window between when we send a book to be printed and when we expect to start shipping the book so that this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this was something that we could only learn by actually printing the book. Additionally, we are going to hold off on releasing any new titles until Renai Sample ships. I do not think it is fair to start promoting our next few books when you still haven't received the first one. To give you a teaser of what's to come, our current plan is to launch four different books in December, including two unannounced titles. P.S. December is our 8 year anniversary.

All that said, there is some good news! We received the advanced copies of Renai Sample (32 books), and I want to share with you some pictures. These are primarily for press release and promotional stuff, but these are exactly the same as the books you will be getting. I don't think I mentioned this previously but all books will be shrink wrapped, this way you'll know if someone opened your mail and looked at your hentai.

By the way, if you moved in the last few months make sure you have updated your shipping address appropriately.

renai1.jpg

Opening the box...

renai2.jpg

Aha! Renai Sample

renai3.jpg

Here's what it looks like, a little blurry

renai4.jpg

Here's a picture of our Renai Sample next to the Japanese version of TiTiKei

rensam1.jpg

And the binding

rensam2.jpg

Here are some pictures from inside the book

rensam4.jpg

rensam5.jpg

rensam3.jpg

And here's Renai Sample next to a normal sized English manga release

rensam6.jpg

rensam7.jpg
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Thank you for the update and the F! Gold plus the discount is pretty generous. I wouldn't feel too bad for the delay, there isn't much you can do about it and you're probably just as excited as most of us about the book so waiting a little longer isn't a big deal. From everything you've posted and from the digital copy of the book, the physical copy should be nice to own in any anime-lover's/pervert's collection.

Oh and btw, adding this here; the new glowing green subscribed tag feature on the front page is pretty neat. Saw it earlier today and thought something was wrong with my computer lol.
MrSnorlax In need of a budget.
Thanks for the update, glad to see everything is moving along.

Looking forward to purchase what other books are in the pipeline!

If I can comment on something, it's that you should really update on your progress or non progress a bit more, so people don't get restless (I myself was wondering why nothing was announced including a delay for the last week).
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
F-f-four books?!
Think about my wallet Jacob!
Revelation Defender of DFC
My heart hurts... But so does my wallet...
Misaki_Chi wrote...
Thank you for the update and the F! Gold plus the discount is pretty generous. I wouldn't feel too bad for the delay, there isn't much you can do about it and you're probably just as excited as most of us about the book so waiting a little longer isn't a big deal. From everything you've posted and from the digital copy of the book, the physical copy should be nice to own in any anime-lover's/pervert's collection.

Oh and btw, adding this here; the new glowing green subscribed tag feature on the front page is pretty neat. Saw it earlier today and thought something was wrong with my computer lol.

Glad you noticed! Tags will now display green on all content pages if you are currently subscribed to them (I haven't announced it yet). Not really sure how to also display the subscription status of artist/series, but I'll figure it out.

MrSnorlax wrote...
Thanks for the update, glad to see everything is moving along.

Looking forward to purchase what other books are in the pipeline!

If I can comment on something, it's that you should really update on your progress or non progress a bit more, so people don't get restless (I myself was wondering why nothing was announced including a delay for the last week).

Last week we dropped the ball keeping everyone updated, that's my fault. We were pretty busy working on all the new stuff before we knew it the week was over. I'll make sure we make more frequent posts and updates in situations like this.

Hanayome wrote...
F-f-four books?!

Revelation wrote...

Over 1000 hours in ms paint

fakkutime.jpg
El ORLY *PokerFace*
I really hate you, Jacob. I hate you for getting all my hopes up about getting my copy early November.
Ok, maybe I don't really hate you, but I'm still quite disappointed. Tears were shed.
Those pics did ease me up tho...so Thx.
Thanks for the update! I was also beginning to wonder what was going on... I'm also curious to learn about this "gold" concept, and what will be happening with that.

Quick question - I'm hoping the shipping envelope/box/thing will be discrete? Due to the delay mine is going to probably sit in the leasing office of my apt complex for a week or so... Would be good to, you know, not have them know :)

Cheers - keep up the good work!
luke5135 LIKE A BOSS
Ahh well i'm sure it was hard to say thi to us all but remember jacob early adopters are used to this kinda thing believe me, it is saddening that it will take that long but a long wait always makes getting the item you wanted even better why do you think parents make kids wait til christmas.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/0b14Mn5.jpg

It had to be done.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Jacob wrote...

Hanayome wrote...
F-f-four books?!

Revelation wrote...

Over 1000 hours in ms paint

fakkutime.jpg

I have a 5000$ limit card. Or just sell some sper..... ok im fucked with that option.
El ORLY *PokerFace*
Am I the only one who's anxious for the time when Fakku releases 5 books a month?
That to me should be the standard minimum.
I spent at least 200$ monthly on Amazon or rightstuf. I guess Fakku is going to get a share, too.
Ajamaharis Gensokyo, BRB
Jacob wrote...
it will probably take about a week to get them all sent out. I take responsibility for being overly optimistic on our initial shipping date, I really wish we could ship the books out earlier.

We are only humans and we have to do mistakes. More or less, but we have to do them

El ORLY wrote...
I really hate you, Jacob. I hate you for getting all my hopes up about getting my copy early November.
Ok, maybe I don't really hate you, but I'm still quite disappointed. Tears were shed.
Those pics did ease me up tho...so Thx.

Haters should die in pain! :*

Jacob wrote...
I stress this is still in Alpha, so don't hate me too much if something doesn't work 100% correctly.

Alpha tests :D I think that we should do us best to catch all bugs, report them to you Jacob and make this site even better.
InTraining ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[color=#EB9100]oh a 10% discount, I was thinking of waiting on PuniKano too, ah well~

Those books look amazing, eros comix high quality with those white pages and clear inks. [size=10]That particular Project-H book is smaller then standard manga though.[/h]
Might be delayed but the hype is still there~[/color]
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
A very nice update. Four books in December sounds great as well, this way I'll be able to order what I want without worrying too much about the shipping costs. ^_^

Getting Gold sounds great as well.
;-; 4 books in December!? Guess no more Steam games for me
ksiyas Kanadefanboy
This free subscription to fakku gold is pretty generous... Im not even mad that I have to wait. Wasnt even mad to begin with lol. Just wanted an update. I love you guys. And my poor wallet...

P.S. The book looks amazing.
Have an announcement date for the two unannounced titles?
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
Thanks for the infos Jake.

So I guess you've been spending the first week of this month choosing books to license?
nothing935 wrote...
Have an announcement date for the two unannounced titles?

We'll probably announce them on December 1st, our 8 year anniversary.

You may have noticed i have been testing various distribution methods; Renai Sample had a digital release date a month or two after pre-orders started, PuniKano had a chapter available the moment you pre-ordered. I think for the next book we'll make the digital version available immediately once pre-orders start, so the moment you pre-order you have the entire digital version. It's all about finding the perfect method that keeps everyone happy.