[Locked] FAKKU Subscription Questions

Tasogare wrote...
Is the focus on magazines that are released from this point on only, or will previous issues be added as time goes on?

At the moment, we don't have plans to do back issues from before 5 months ago (Kairakuten has been running for 20+ years after all). But we do plan to go back and select specific chapters from back issues that stand out and release those.
First off, I love that we can get more translated content at a more regular speed so I am excited to be a part of this new service. My question follows as what are the subscribers getting besides the daily updates. For example, if I were to purchase the subscription at a later date, would I still have access to the previous content or is this service something like Netflix/Amazon Prime where we only have access to older content with a subscription?
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
$12.95 per month? Seriously? There had better be tons of releases every day or something because that's more than my Netflix or SWTOR subscriptions. I'd be a bit less reticent to do this if there were options for bundle prices for subscribing for longer periods (e.g. 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.).

And I'd really like a Paypal option. No offense, but I'm not entrusting my payment card number(s) to an online subscription service like this. And I don't use Bitcoin, nor do I want to.

If I do decide to subscribe here and now, temporarily until you guys implement Paypal, can I change my billing method later?
Hoagieman wrote...
I subbed and cant access anything still? Anyone else not have access?

Can someone answer me please? I still cant get access after paying >.>
Hoagieman wrote...
Hoagieman wrote...
I subbed and cant access anything still? Anyone else not have access?

Can someone answer me please? I still cant get access after paying >.>

Can you send me an email, jacob@fakku.net. I'll work with you one on one to get it fixed, there are a ton of subscriptions going through tonight so there was probably a hiccup on the server.
namutr33 Plot Captain
To me, it seems like the feature is being overlapped with "subscribing" to tags such as "original work" or something.

I unsubscribed from the tag "original work" but checking on the top right in the "subscriptions" section, I still have the original works titles updated.
This isn't regarding the subscription, but is this the end of the free readable content? I've been here since nearly the start (made an account eventually). I supported you guys also ( my badge :D ) but was just wondering if the free to read people are not going to get free to read content anymore.
Wow. I'm surprised at how many people are balking at the price. I don't think that the price is all that different from what the folks in Japan pay for a magazine, and here, you're getting two magazines, not one, and it's uncensored to boot (though granted, it's only in digital form, not physical form like the Japanese subscribers get). With this, we're getting lots of content at a good pace, and some of it is from mangaka whose work never seems to get translated by the folks doing scanlations. And these aren't scanlations. They're the real deal at high quality, with the mangaka providing uncensored images rather than us only getting decensored versions that some fans photoshopped. This is awesome. And it's well worth the price. My only gripes with it at this point are:

1. I want to download the content to view locally with my software of choice (like with the FAKKU tankouban). I don't want to have to read it online.

2. The previously translated, scanlated content is disappearing from FAKKU (and in some cases, other sites), because of this in order to make the publishers happy, and that content isn't then necessarily being made available legally.

But in spite of those problems, this is a huge step forward.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Isn't it actually cheaper than what's offered books wise? 10$ for a digital book consisting of 200-ish pages. $13 for 2 digital magazines consisting of 800+ pages?

Unless I'm not remembering the total pages correctly.
Personally, I don't like subscription type service. I feel I didn't own them :-(
Do you have any plan to sell each magazine like fakku book in the future.
As much as I'd like to support this by purchasing a subscription, I just can't bring myself to do so. 12.95 a month is ridiculous. Crunchyroll is 6.95 and Funimation is 7.95 (give or take a few cents), and I get way more out of either of those services than I ever get from Fakku. I'd consider paying if it was less than Crunchyroll, but as things stand there is no way a Fakku subscription would be worth my money. I simply don't read enough hentai to justify paying that much. Maybe other people do, but I certainly don't. Again, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but it doesn't work for me.
mosskobe2 The Cleaner
To people complaining about the price and so call lost of free content, you know half of free content are commissions that a person paid a group to translate. From first hand experience its not cheap as one chapter could cost you anywhere between $20 to $40 depending on the length. Yes I know there are groups that just translate for free because they have free time and enjoy it and I'm thankfully for their hard work.
I haven't seen an answer to this question even though it has been asked more than once: What is happening to the free content that Fakku normally provides? Will new manga and Doushinji only for paying subscribers? Will we (free members) be able to access previously uploaded content or will that be behind the pay wall?

Jacob has been very quick to answer other questions but not these which worries me.
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
Tsujoi wrote...
Isn't it actually cheaper than what's offered books wise? 10$ for a digital book consisting of 200-ish pages. $13 for 2 digital magazines consisting of 800+ pages?

Unless I'm not remembering the total pages correctly.

That's completely different. You're buying a physical book and you own it forever until you lose it, sell it, or burn it. It doesn't require an internet connection, either. This is akin to an online streaming service and IMO it should be priced similarly to other services like it, or at least have the option of discounts for longer subscriptions.
nine64 wrote...
Oh well! I hope you make lots of money. This hentai site has a great comment and forum system. Bye fakku and thanks for hentai. It was good while it lasted. :(

Sorry to see you go! I do believe this is a necessary step for us and in the end will be for the best.
KLoWn wrote...
How long does it take for the subscription to kick in after payment?

KLoWn!? Welcome back! It should be instant, I'll take a look and see what's going on.
Still cant access subscription stuff. Any word Jacob?

JACOB STEALTH EDIT: Will talk to you over email and get it fixed.
So I've subscribed, twice, and it still isn't allowing me to view these. Like I'm being prompted to subscribe over and over. I decided to try resubscribing to see if it'd work and no difference

JACOB STEALTH EDIT: Will talk to you over email and get it fixed.
Bacon92 wrote...
A few questions:

1. Is the subscription service replacing FAKKU books?

2. Is the FAKKU subscription entirely digital or will there be any opportunities to get some releases in print?

This is not replacing FAKKU Books, we will continue releasing books like normal (next week we start pre-orders on a Meme50 book).

The subscription is entirely digital. However, we plan to print some limited runs of magazines, "best of issues" to be precise. Probably once or twice a year we will compile all of the best uploads (and poll the community for suggestions) and print off special magazine issues with those chapters.

sadmir wrote...
With all these new chapters coming up we really need those tags back. When are we getting them?

All the old tags will be coming back, along with the controversial content flag.
vanillaOPplznerf wrote...
"No longer will there be a divide between us. No more barriers. Oh, except for those of you who are priced out of the community by our ridiculous rate."

I mean, $12.95 a month, are you kidding me? Let's get some perspective here on other monthly rates: Netflix is $7.99 a month. HBO costs $14.99. Hell, my entire internet service is around $30.00. You really think the service you offer is worth $12.95 a month?

And yes, I could afford it. But I'm not going to pay it, because the price is exorbitantly high. These days, Fakku is to hentai what Starbucks is to coffee, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in you.

I do honestly believe this service is worth $12.95 a month. Consider that we are working directly with all of the artists, that's around 50 artists per month. They are making these chapters available to us completely uncensored, something no one else in the world has access to. Not to mention for the first time ever you will be able to read this content the same moment it's available in Japan.

Sorry to see you go, but it's definitely worth the money.