[Locked] FAKKU Subscription Questions

I'm really sorry to say this but,

I've been a FAKKU fan since...well In its early infancy. I have watched the site grow from a simple hentai manga site in the year 2007 till it became a bustling and fun loving site where people of all cultures and love for the naughty bits of life come together to chat. The forums here and the message boxes underneath each manga were always awesome to read and I have enjoyed it tremendously.

I agree with many of the forumers here that you have every right to do what you need to do to maintain the site and earn some cash which includes the sales of Fakku books and previously some Hen tie shirts :). But this book subscription thing is getting out of hand. For that much money per mth, I'm afraid I cannot and will not be a member for Fakku any longer. I believe this method will be the end of Fakku as you will probably see a drop in site visitors. Jacob, you have unfortunately killed the site with your love for coin. You may see some profit gain, but it's people like you whose interest in money have and will continue to kill the passionate members of Fakku and eventually, many of us will just stop visiting the site altogether.

My Sincere suggestion, stop charging for the book subscription. I understand if u want to continue making books and stuff and u have my blessings to do that, but this is just pure extortion. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Well luckily if you search stuff by Tags, you will only see free-to-read hentai. I just hope that stays the same and not get flooded with Subscription-only/book only results. Oh there's gotta be a more user friendly interface to separate the free content from the paid content so it's not too burdening to scroll around to both your paying and non-paying visitors/readers.
I'm confused about a few things that I hope can be cleared up...

I'm a big fan of Fakku!, have been since I discovered it in 2010. Had some really good times and enjoyed myself (in a non fappy way, mostly, too). The biggest thing I'm confused about is this. With the advent of this subscription option, will i have to purchase the subscription to view anything? Is all free content being removed? I know it may sound whiney, and I'm sure it's already been asked and answered, but I just want to ask myself for my own sanity. So, yeah, will subscribing be the only way to view any new content? And what's happening to the old content?

Jacob, I want to subscribe, but as a poor college student, I'm kinda strapped for cash. I mean, it kinda feels like the place I called home just got remodeled and i don't know where anything is anymore...
Daiz FAKKU Developer
The current free content will still be around for a while, but the current plan is that it'll all be gone before the end of the year.

However, there are plans to introduce new free content - namely, a selection of magazine/book chapters that will be free to read.

Before that happens, though, there will most likely be a period of time during which there is only paid content on the site.
623 wrote...
These are all good ideas and I especially agree with the tags one. I used to not care in the past, but after seeing the abundance of tags on, say, Ex, I think it's time Fakku starts catching up. When new tags are implemented, I'd be willing to be a helper to retroactively tag uploaded manga if that's something you guys think might be useful.

Honestly the lack of these things is the reason why I never bothered with Fakku, and still don't, however I have other plans with this and I hope I can make them come true.
It's going to be very useful to tag properly and give the info I mentioned since this is now a legal and proper service, not just fan-made.
What I always liked and still like to see not only here but in anime/manga general, is that people have a proper info about what they like; most of the services or fan pages only give vague info about the stuff they have (mainly pirate stream sites, which is what most people use, specially Spanish-speaking communities) and even people who buy merhandise related to anime and manga don't seem to care about that and just want to sell.
In my view Fakku has been doing a poor job in this regard until now and I hope it improves because it's very important. This can help people who are in doubt for paying for a subscription and don't know what kind of content will be there, wondering if they'll like the works or not and feel they just wasted money.
This will help when Fakku grows bigger.
Daiz wrote...
The current free content will still be around for a while, but the current plan is that it'll all be gone before the end of the year.

However, there are plans to introduce new free content - namely, a selection of magazine/book chapters that will be free to read.

Before that happens, though, there might be a short period of time during which there is only paid content on the site.

Sad to see the Fakku! I know and love be changed like this, but I know we've had troubles with copywrites and the like. I guess this a logical step. I just wish it wasn't so pricey. I know 13$ isn't all that much, but it's a little more than i can part with right now...

In the meantime, best of luck to Fakku and the new direction, and I'll join up again as soon as funds allow
This is cool, Fakku. Great job. I've been coming here for years (lurking for the most of it!) and you've taken it into a cool direction with books and now subs. It's amazing how far this has come!

That said, I don't think it's going to be for me. Call me a mooch, but I enjoy the free content. I'll be bummed that all my favs will be removed, but I understand why. I'll be sure to enjoy them while they last! I love the books (Titikei is fucking great) and I enjoy supporting you that way, I just don't think I can justify a sub to the SO haha! Plus all the other subs I have trouble keeping up with! :P

I hope this all goes really, really well! And that the growing pains will be brief. You're doing amazing things Jacob. Did you ever think it would go this far? :)
KLoWn wrote...
JACOB STEALTH EDIT: Will talk to you over email and get it fixed.

Jacob wrote...
KLoWn!? Welcome back! It should be instant, I'll take a look and see what's going on.

No worries. I'm off to work now, but I'll check my mail when I get home.
I'm not sure I like this idea, 13 dollars a month is pretty expensive. At this rate, you might as well make the whole site subscription based because nothing of decent quality is going to be free anymore.

And if that's the case, I'm probably going to leave fakku. I think $5-7 a month is reasonable.
"Only credit cards and bitcoins"

Guess us Europeans are ignored again as always
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
deltascourge wrote...

Where in Europe do you live that you can't use credit card? Had no trouble myself.
A small step for hentai a lange step for the hentai community
luinthoron wrote...
deltascourge wrote...

Where in Europe do you live that you can't use credit card? Had no trouble myself.

Europeans rarely own credit cards. You owning one means you're part of a very small minority
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Jacob wrote...
Tasogare wrote...
Is the focus on magazines that are released from this point on only, or will previous issues be added as time goes on?

At the moment, we don't have plans to do back issues from before 5 months ago (Kairakuten has been running for 20+ years after all). But we do plan to go back and select specific chapters from back issues that stand out and release those.

I hope you will especially consider chapters that have sequels published by you for this.

deltascourge wrote...
Europeans rarely own credit cards. You owning one means you're part of a very small minority

Most people I know have one, or a debit card that can used as one for internet payments. Then again, I do live in Estonia...
It's hard to sell something that has been "free" for so long, and still is from many sites. I can understand some people's complaints come from this perspective, and they don't understand economics...

It's really too bad though... all the people comparing to Netflix - with 65 million subs you can charge less. It's called economy of scale. With a smaller group it costs more, and everyone that refuses to pay because some other service costs $x.xx is just ensuring the price of hentai stays high.

I'm sure Jacob is making some money - he and his team deserve to! No one else, not a single fucking person has made an such a successful attempt to ensure that the talented artists in Japan get compensated for the pleasure they provide us, for their hard work and dedication. 200+ pages of quality hentai doesn't come out of thin air!

Everyone just steals and ensures that we're left with nothing but bootlegged and randomly translated censored content. That's the sad thing... just like the diff between buying from iTunes vs torrents, you get more music - more quality, variety, and more ownership and less digital rights protection once it's established and people pay a nominal fee. Hentai could be like that.. but it requires the work of the distributor and the users.

Oh and a question uh uhm... what's your uh policy on uh... lunch?
Well I have been a member or fakku for a little over six years in the early days I enjoyed the random videos and stuff that got posted, That being said If your going to start charging for everything then I will be leaving fakku. I wish you good luck on any future endeavors.
Hey!
I am here for quite some time... And yet I am slightly dissapointed. And yes, I have't bought any book or anything similar, so it will by my subjective opition, please don't hate!

I am really sad that most of decent stuff on Fakku will be now paid. I know, nothing is for free, so why Jacob and his staff would keep posting here for free.

I am visiting fakku for 5 years now, or even more, I don't remember. Such change will for sure make the frequency that i visit Fakku much lower. I was hoping that at least stuff added before subscription system will stay free but that's not true as well. Sadly all of my "adventures" with Fakku will stop today. It was honor, to fap with you!

On the other hand I wish Jacob and other guys/girls best of luck in developing this website! :]

Maybe one day, I will get some spare cash, and support Fakku!

Sorry for my medicore English.
Sorry if this question is already answerd but when can i be able to pay the subscription using paypal?

(the time range if possible e.g in a year or two.)

I want my subscribtion here to not show on my credit card bill :p
Hi o/
Since I didn't see anything about buying previous months releases, I suppose you're planning to follow one of these two options:
-Becoming a subscriber allow you to see all the releases but in this case it will not be fair for those who paid the months before
-Subscribing only allow you to see the releases of the month you paid for but in this case you will never be able to see the releases of the months you missed.
So did you just forget to explain how to obtain previous releases (or did I miss it) or will you follow one of these options?

Then I'm also a little disappointed about the direction fakku is taking. This site is here to allow us to share Doujinshi right? Suddenly you decide we should pay for these two magazines. I'm not saying it's bad and I agree with your point of view but either your goal is to become the amazone of the hentai magazines and in this case say it now or you want to remain what you were until now and just be paid for the job you did (and this is ok) but in this case you should not forbid the versions of these chapters made by scantrad teams on the site. EDIT : ofc we would be talking about a b&w censored version of the releases
Will we will be able to he releases from Koinaka and friends like doujin moe or is it only ever going to be the sub side?