What do customers do at your job that piss you off

Pages Prev1234Next
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Taz_9000 wrote...
i normally just go to the back mess around on my phone and come back and say we don't have it

What I've started doing.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
The customers/patients only piss me off when they expect a hospital to be like a hotel and me be their maid/servant or they get combative when they are totally oriented/sane. Other then that the main issue I have is with coworkers and management since a lot of them don't give a shit when I do. I sometimes think sorry I actually give a shit about my job, think you could too and help me like you're suppose to?
I've got a coworker who is being trained as a stock person but he will be moved to sales after his training. but they complain so much about the job. I'm a stockperson and I hate the fact that he complains that he thinks his job is too hard even though I have the same job and I actually do the hard stuff. its not that hard to put something on a shelf, while I lift heavy crates and stock the back with tons of electronics.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Oh my god, let me tell y- just kidding :P

Graphic designing can be a miserable job with clients. Some clients want to pay you to tell you how to design whatever they need done and won't listen to a single bit of input or warning. That can be frustrating because it's something you're investing time into and don't want that person ever telling anybody you created it because it looks bad.

This job has probably been the most free I've been design wise, Mike pretty much overlooks all the books and he's pretty good at giving different graphic designers specific types of books based on their personal aesthetic and preferences of material. I'm down to work on anything but he knows what books I'll be able to do my best on at this point. So there's zero complaints on that front.

The forums would be my customers and in the books thread that's pretty much out of my department unless it's a general question I come across that I can answer. Otherwise all the tech support / troubleshooting / quality control I don't have to deal with :P

Admittedly though, Fakku users are really patient and understanding. It's nice seeing a lot of the user base be respectful to each other and even the staff members. You don't come across that very much when it comes to customers/employees.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Forum Image: https://a.pomf.cat/axxsll.jpg

Spoiler:
Your post did not meet the basic intelligence requirement for this forum.
Cat-ness NekoMancer
Brittany wrote...
Oh my god, let me tell y- just kidding :P

Graphic designing can be a miserable job with clients. Some clients want to pay you to tell you how to design whatever they need done and won't listen to a single bit of input or warning. That can be frustrating because it's something you're investing time into and don't want that person ever telling anybody you created it because it looks bad.

I know the feeling, the worst part is most of the time the client don't even know what they want. I've taken to making 15 to 20 mock-ups every time I go to speak with a client to help the customer "Discover" what they want. I mean, who doesn't love "their own ideas".
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
Pretty much the ones the come in the last 5 minutes of us being open and want to order 6-9 things as I'm putting everything up for the night.
Okay I work at a dollar store in Alabama so these are the top three things I loathe hearing when I work there.

1. Other people talking about their beliefs

Okay look believe whatever you wanna believe. I am not gonna down you on your beliefs, but it is a low blow to come into my store and interrupt me from stocking or running the register just to talk about your religion and/or political view.

2. Advertising your business

Look if you are looking to sell things the first thing you need to learn is not to interrupt people while they or working or pestering our customers to try and make a sale.

3. Sir? How much is this?

Its a dollar store use some common sense people!
Working full-time at McDonalds is a shitty enough job, without this shit happening to me on a nearly daily basis:

~When people complain about the food we serve because it doesn't look exactly how it does in commercials/advertisements.
~When people complain about the speed at which we serve their food, even though there's a fucking drive thru that takes priority. Go to the fucking drive thru if you're in such a hurry.
~When people ask for something else after we give them their order, and want to order it at the food window instead of going back to the pay window. Trust me, it's a huge hassle.
~When people complain that we gave them too much change. Why not just keep the extra money you ungrateful fucknugget.
~When people walk through the drive thru, and expect us to serve them there after the restaurant is closed. We have one regular customer who feels entitled to do this sometimes, he's a real dickbag.
~When people leave the bathroom a gigantic mess of shit and piss on the bathroom floor, with toilet paper everywhere. This has only happened twice where I work, and I'm pretty sure it's the same customer who did it since they were there both nights that I had to clean this shit.
~When peoples' kids keep knocking over the display to try and take the happy meal toys out. Their parents don't seem to give a shit about their behavior, and keep bringing them in, like, every 2 or 3 days. I cannot fucking get over this, it's ridiculous. We've already had to replace the display once because of those snotty little brats.
~When kids take the balls out of the ball pit and leave them scattered all over the place. You'd be surprised how often this happens.
~When people come in thinking they can get free meals because they're my family members or close friends. No. That shit already comes out of my paycheck, and I only get one free meal per shift. Fuck off and buy shit for once. Do you even have a job? No? Get one.
~When old people who are regulars come in and ask for 'original' prices since they've been eating the food 'since it came out', and when I tell them that we have no control over the prices and cannot offer discounts, they get mad at ME. What the actual fuck.

There's so many more, but if I take the time to list them all I'm going to have a fucking heart attack because just typing this is severely raising my blood pressure. I'm gonna take a nice cold shower now.
JustGiveMeLove wrote...
Working full-time at McDonalds is a shitty enough job, without this shit happening to me on a nearly daily basis:

~When people complain about the food we serve because it doesn't look exactly how it does in commercials/advertisements.
~When people complain about the speed at which we serve their food, even though there's a fucking drive thru that takes priority. Go to the fucking drive thru if you're in such a hurry.
~When people ask for something else after we give them their order, and want to order it at the food window instead of going back to the pay window. Trust me, it's a huge hassle.
~When people complain that we gave them too much change. Why not just keep the extra money you ungrateful fucknugget.
~When people walk through the drive thru, and expect us to serve them there after the restaurant is closed. We have one regular customer who feels entitled to do this sometimes, he's a real dickbag.
~When people leave the bathroom a gigantic mess of shit and piss on the bathroom floor, with toilet paper everywhere. This has only happened twice where I work, and I'm pretty sure it's the same customer who did it since they were there both nights that I had to clean this shit.
~When peoples' kids keep knocking over the display to try and take the happy meal toys out. Their parents don't seem to give a shit about their behavior, and keep bringing them in, like, every 2 or 3 days. I cannot fucking get over this, it's ridiculous. We've already had to replace the display once because of those snotty little brats.
~When kids take the balls out of the ball pit and leave them scattered all over the place. You'd be surprised how often this happens.
~When people come in thinking they can get free meals because they're my family members or close friends. No. That shit already comes out of my paycheck, and I only get one free meal per shift. Fuck off and buy shit for once. Do you even have a job? No? Get one.
~When old people who are regulars come in and ask for 'original' prices since they've been eating the food 'since it came out', and when I tell them that we have no control over the prices and cannot offer discounts, they get mad at ME. What the actual fuck.

There's so many more, but if I take the time to list them all I'm going to have a fucking heart attack because just typing this is severely raising my blood pressure. I'm gonna take a nice cold shower now.

I feel that the food industry gets hit the hardest by rude ass people. I've worked full time as one of your rivals at Burger King.

when it comes to fast food I feel like they're are also funny crazy things that happen more than any other place. so it kind of balances it out when you get to laugh once in a while. even though its pretty much hell dealing with the influx of jackasses who go out to eat. you just have to deal with a lot more people than most jobs. so its like a game of chance. one day you'll want to punch the fry boxes in the freezer (I've done this many times) or laugh at the fact that there is a world star hip hop music video being shot out side with a black man making it rain golden crisp fry's on a big black twerking booty.
Power-Senpai This is very custom.
Mostly everything customers do piss me off to be honest.
--When some dudes walk up while I'm cashiering and ask if they can buy the store. I tell them I can't sell Fred Meyer since I don't own it, then they proceed to make offers, like douche bags.
--That time an old man started insulting me at the cashier stand for no reason, even though I was fast, efficient, and polite just for him, and then proceeds to mock my job description, telling me to go stock the shelves, like he's my manager or some shit.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
One of my coworkers is currently being trained up to be a Supervisor and one of the things she's now allowed to do is give refunds and do exchanges. A company policy dictates that we must take the customer's name and address. Not normally a problem, except for the rare occasion when you get that one idiot who doesn't want to and thinks it's okay to be a cunt about it.

Well, she got one of those today.
"Oh you don't take credit cards, I didn't know that"

we have a big sign right out front before you walk into the store idiot.

"I'm not sure how much I have on my food stamps card"

there's a fucking number on the back of the card that you can call to find out, fucking christ.

"oh I'm over my budget, here's half my cart full of shit because I can't afford it"

then why in the flying fuck did you put it in your cart!"

"do you have a zapper or something so I can be lazy and not lift this out of my cart"

no our store doesn't have that because we don't cater to lazy asses

"do I have to bag my own groceries?"

yes, you have to get off your ass and bag your own groceries

"Can I run and grab one more thing while I hold up this entire line"

no you can't but your going to any way because your a piece of shit

"Was I supposed to write the codes on the bulk items"

you don't have to but it would have helped us out, but you only help yourself so fuck you any way.

I mean I can keep going but I don't want to take up an entire page...
when they ask you a question and their is clearly a sign right in front of them stating the answer to their question
TheDarkStarAlchemist Requests Moderator
Leave an entire cannoli, untouched, on their plate.
Kerrahn Lamia Lover
I work in a petrol station, so most of the retail things already mentioned apply, but there's a few specific to my job.

- People using mobile phones or any electronics near the pump. There's signage everywhere that says not to do it. And when called out on it, they mention Mythbusters proved it wrong. Guess what people? I love Mythbusters and only just watched that episode recently. It doesn't say what you think it says, and they took it back in a later episode anyway.
- People speeding through the site. Do you drive that fast through a shopping centre carpark? If not, why do it where there is potentially explosive stuff everywhere?
- Giant price board says ATM. Front door says ATM. ATM has a sign near the roof above it that says ATM. Have never seen a petrol station in Australia, including the outback/country-side, that doesn't have an ATM. "Do you have an ATM?"
- "Do you accept this card?" There's a sign right near the door that lists everything we take.
- Anyone arguing to me about the price of fuel, as if I get to choose it. Usually shut-up when I mention that I don't get a staff discount, drive a V6, and have to take a 40 - 45min drive down the highway from the next town over to get to work.
- This one can't be helped as much, but some people, especially foreigners (particularly you Americans) refer to their petrol as 'gas'. We actually have a product called Autogas / LPG Gas, and it's not the same. Especially difficult for me when there's someone who has actually filled gas.
- "I don't know what pump number I am"... sometimes I want to tell people to go back out and look while I keep serving other people.
- Asking what cigarettes we have (lots of brands), what price they are (Australian laws dictate we can't put prices on our shelves, so I have to scan every one indiviually), asking if they can see the cigarettes to decide (again, laws prevent that, and they all look the same because of 'plain packaging' law), asking how strong / what milligrams they are (again, laws removed that). I don't smoke, the customer clearly does, so they should know what they want. Basically Australia cigarette laws suck more for retailers than the people they are supposedly trying to encourage to quit.
- Another cigarette one, getting the "Some cigarettes please", with no mention of brand, 'flavour', or packet size, or only part of the details (ie. size and brand, but not 'flavour').
- People assuming I'm somehow psychic by not telling me what they are there for (cigarettes, paying for fuel they put in while I was serving someone else / looking somewhere else, carwash etc).
- Too many more to list after doing years of this lol.

A lot of stuff I get annoyed at might seem petty to some people, but I've dealt with most of these things literally over a hundred times.
Breathing and walking in my general direction.
Fekk Icelandic Viking
I worked at a lower income theatre for a while. And I had no problem cleaning up everyones shit after the movie and putting up with angry guests. But what really gets to me is the people that completely ignore me when I say things like "Have a nice night/evening."

I'm sure most people are just shy but if you stop to think about it, it can be really hurting. I have to stand there for hours on end talking to people and seeing them in and out of movies. And every little ignore I get puts me in a terrible mood.
It's usually old people too which I find odd. Old people are either extremely nice and adorable or completely vacant, It's bizarre.
I just experianced another one today a customer came in with their shitty little kids and the kids spent the day abusing myself and my cashier and of course I am on the clock working and I can't do anything to make them behave because I'll lose my job if I do
Pages Prev1234Next