[Locked] New Premium Reader Beta Testing Thread

Pages Prev12345Next
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
Tsujoi wrote...
blackswordsman wrote...
I like it, but I want the option back to turn off changing page by scrolling. It's pretty annoying.

Check the options again, it's there. Uncheck it.

Found it. I have no idea how I missed it the first time 'round.
My OS is Windows 7 and Im using Firefox. I found four problems:

• The first page doesnt load correctly, even when the rest of the book does.

• The button for fullscreen becomes stuck once you press it (it works properly but appears to be in fullscreen mode all the time).

• Scrolling is a pain in the ass, way slower than the old reader.

• Pre-fetch doesnt appear to be working, in the old reader all the pages load properly and I never get to see a loading screen, while in the beta for every new page I get a blurry mess until it loads.

Anyway, Im glad you are implementing a Two-page mode, thanks!

EDIT: in chrome it works a lot better, no problem with loading pages, pre-fetch or slow scrolling, though the fullcreen button still gets stuck.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
I use an IPad Pro with Chrome and the fullscreen mode can´t be activated.
The button is there but it serves no function.
Love the new options, I miss the favorite button though.
The reader is straight up broken on Safari 9.0.1

I'm unable to scroll down or over. When in full screen mode it doesn't adjust to the screen size.

I am able to click forward though.

Forum Image: http://s14.postimg.org/s6764nwa9/Screen_Shot_2015_11_20_at_4_36_09_AM.png

OK, it looks like i can set width and height to reset the viewing area. Scrolling left and right and down is still an issue. arrows does work...
Does anybody know a manga I can view that has actual spreads? I want to try out the "singles with spreads" option.

Also, with Firefox 42, I've found that older pre-subscription beta works such as: Pandemonium by Napata, Spring Morning Wood by Karma Tatsurou, Sins of the Flesh ♡ Returns by Ishikei, and all the original beta releases that function with the reader have the thumbnail menu, but the pictures don't load. The reader loads the page just fine when the thumbnail is clicked, though.
The new reader on Google Chrome iPhone 6 keeps crashing.
Daiz wrote...
Ghostly wrote...
I seem to get this somewhat regularly. There are times when the pages loads "blurred" and later loads the proper view

This part is intentional. If the full page hasn't loaded yet, the reader will display the thumbnail until the actual full page image has finished loading.

However, if the page never seems to change from being blurry, it might mean the full page load failed. How fast is your internet connection?

My internet connection is about 23,72 Mbit/s down and 10,80 Mbit/s up so that should hardly affect things.
Mr.Everwood will see you now ;)
Device: iMac

Browser: Google Chrome

I like this new system. Some things to point out:

I'm not sure if I can complain about this but it would be great if the Singles with Spreads option would work properly so that I don't have to switch between Single Pages and Two Pages. Reading with Two pages enabled gets very confusing when it isn't a spread, especially when you don't fully understand how Fit to Overwidth works.

Also, when I press the C key to allow zooming it results in your options changing. For example Fit to Overwidth stops working and if you zoom out it changes from Original Size to Fit to Height. Is this necessary?
Using Nook tab running CM11 with Chrome.

Scrolling between pages was a little confusing at first, but I figured it out. Tapping either the left or right edges would turn the page.

I'm used to sliding from one edge of the screen to the other to turn the page, so it would be nice to see that feature added back into the new reader.

Thumbnails are a great addition as it makes navigation to a specific page a lot easier.

The new reader is from definitely faster than the old one. Pages turn quickly, and the header and footer bars come up when I call for them.
There are a lot of random crashes on mobile chrome when I try to change the settings and stuff
Works great. I am using Android with chrome and I have no issues. One recommendation though. Can you make a button for favorites and collections. Right now to favorite you have to go back to the Fakku home page and then find the Manga again.
Kevin94 Tadapapapapa!
Forum Image: http://s28.postimg.org/gsc8bvkn1/image.jpg

device: ipad air
browser : safari

fullscreen not working and thumbnail mode cannot scroll/ browser to more pages( as shown in above).
others are works like charm. thumbs up!!
Daiz FAKKU Developer
A new beta build has been released! To address various posts:

@sereno
- First page should now load correctly as far as scroll position is concerned.
- The fullscreen icon is indeed a bit buggy right now, but it doesn't affect the fullscreen functionality itself. Still, this should be fixed at some point.
- Scroll speed with the wheel can be slow on certain browsers, most notably Firefox. This problem is actually a bit more complicated than you might think, but it's definitely something I intend to solve.
- The prefetching works somewhat differently in the new reader compared to the old one. In the old one you never see a blurry page at first because it simply doesn't let you progress to the next page at all if it hasn't finished loading them. That said, the prefetching in the new reader isn't perfectly optimal right now, and should get better later.

@godshandonearth-3600528
- iOS does not support the HTML5 Fullscreen API and thus the fullscreen button unfortunately does nothing on iPhones and iPads. I have some alternative plans for iOS, but for now I've simply disabled the fullscreen button if the device/browser doesn't support it.

@happydays-5547861
The favorite button is indeed gone but my plan is to eventually have proper collection management in the reader, so you wouldn't be limited to just dealing with favorites.

@stanri010-3866369
I'm pretty sure I know where the issue is with Safari and scrolling - I'll see if I can address this in another update later today. For now I recommend using Chrome.

@papa-nito-5085668
As mentioned in the opening, the sub chapters currently lack the proper metadata for spreads, so "Singles with Spreads" doesn't really do anything right now. That should obviously change once we get the metadata in, which should just be a matter of time. Most of the old pre-subscription gift chapters also lack some key metadata, which is why they are partially broken. We will definitely fix this given some time.

@kalarine-4482824
iOS seems to be having issues with the smooth page scaling option. I've set the default scaling option to fast for mobile devices for now until I can figure out the cause of the crashing issue and fix it.

@ghostly
Hmm, your internet should certainly be fast enough then. I guess it could either be some sort of routing issues. Hard to say. I guess the planned improvements to prefetching could help - I guess we'll see after I get around to implementing them. As for something you brought up in your earlier post, you can now press Enter in thumbnail view to go to the first page after the viewer loads. (You can also go back to the page you were at if you go back to the thumbnail view from the page view. F also works for fullscreen in the thumbnail view now.)

@mr.everwood
See above re: Singles with Spreads. As for options changing when you zoom in Free Scroll mode, this is indeed intentional - if you think about it, zooming is effectively the same thing as adjusting the display height of the images, thus the display option changing to "Set Height". "Fit to Overwidth" is also disabled automatically so that it doesn't stop you from zooming in further.

@danny-n
As mentioned in the opening, page changing via swiping is not currently implemented in the new reader, but it will definitely be added later.

@numbers2971-2620872
As mentioned earlier, that's definitely something I want to do as well. I don't like having to go back to the main site to manage my favorites/collections either.

@kevin94-4524264
As mentioned above, fullscreen not working is an iOS issue, however not being able to scroll in thumbnail view sounds like something I will have to look into.

Anyway, that's all for now!
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Pushed a new build again to fix some more issues. Fullscreen icon should work better now and actually be disabled on unsupported devices. Overall the reader should work better with more devices/browsers now - @stanri010-3866369 can you test it on Safari again and see how it works?

Kevin94 wrote...
thumbnail mode cannot scroll/ browser to more pages

This should hopefully be fixed now too.
Thumbnail view

=> omg yes
Very much like it! Especially the two-page option! thankyou for adding that in there.
Daiz wrote...
Pushed a new build again to fix some more issues. Fullscreen icon should work better now and actually be disabled on unsupported devices. Overall the reader should work better with more devices/browsers now - @stanri010-3866369 can you test it on Safari again and see how it works?

Kevin94 wrote...
thumbnail mode cannot scroll/ browser to more pages

This should hopefully be fixed now too.

The scrolling is weird. In safari, 90% of the time it moves maybe a few pixels at a time. Then the other 10% of the time, it works normal for 1 scroll the back to pixels.

Its like the scale of scrolling is so far off that i have to compound multiple scrolls to get it to move.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Stanri010 wrote...
The scrolling is weird. In safari, 90% of the time it moves maybe a few pixels at a time. Then the other 10% of the time, it works normal for 1 scroll the back to pixels.

Its like the scale of scrolling is so far off that i have to compound multiple scrolls to get it to move.

This is with the scroll wheel, right? Does it scroll fine if you use the keyboard (arrow keys / WASD)?
Fekk Icelandic Viking
This is amazing. What a time we live in to read dojinshi.
Pages Prev12345Next