[Locked] New Premium Reader Beta Testing Thread

Pages Prev12345Next
Daiz wrote...
Stanri010 wrote...
The scrolling is weird. In safari, 90% of the time it moves maybe a few pixels at a time. Then the other 10% of the time, it works normal for 1 scroll the back to pixels.

Its like the scale of scrolling is so far off that i have to compound multiple scrolls to get it to move.

This is with the scroll wheel, right? Does it scroll fine if you use the keyboard (arrow keys / WASD)?

WASD works fine. Scroll wheel/two finger scroll on a macbook is the issue
Kamiyama03 Introverted Pervert
I've found that the selected background color doesn't go into effect if full-screen mode is also selected by way of clicking the "Full-Screen" button within the reader; there seems to be no problem when I enter full-screen via F11. It works perfectly well otherwise. As for my browser and device, I'm using Chrome on a Toshiba touchscreen laptop.
Using on: 2 different Android Phones
Browsers: Firefox & Chrome

This seems to be a problem related to the touchscreens, since I can't scroll like I would on a computer, you scroll by swiping, but I'm stuck on the first page of everything because the scrolling down/left/right doesn't work on the Android touchscreens.

I'm not sure if this also applies to laptop touchscreens, but I can test that tonight since I also have one.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Masayoshi wrote...
Using on: 2 different Android Phones
Browsers: Firefox & Chrome

This seems to be a problem related to the touchscreens, since I can't scroll like I would on a computer, you scroll by swiping, but I'm stuck on the first page of everything because the scrolling down/left/right doesn't work on the Android touchscreens.

I'm not sure if this also applies to laptop touchscreens, but I can test that tonight since I also have one.

What Android version are the phones using? Is Chrome/Firefox up to date?

It sounds quite odd that the touch controls wouldn't work there, as the reader definitely does have them and they work fine on my Android devices.

Anyway, I'd definitely be interested in hearing your results from laptop touchscreen too.
Finally go to try this a little and I love it, so much has been improved. I'll test it out further later to see if I can provide any feedback, but nice work! (^^)
Daiz wrote...
What Android version are the phones using? Is Chrome/Firefox up to date?

It sounds quite odd that the touch controls wouldn't work there, as the reader definitely does have them and they work fine on my Android devices.

Anyway, I'd definitely be interested in hearing your results from laptop touchscreen too.

I'm not sure about the version of android my phone is using, but since it's an older one, I would guess it's 3.something or other.

As for the laptop test - tested and works. Touchscreen scrolling fully functional on windows 8 and 10 touchscreen computers. No tests done for 7 yet, since I don't have windows 7 anymore (upgraded the one that did to 10, because it was free)
Really glad you guys added a thumbnail option.
PC Win7 64-bit Chrome version Version 46.0.2490.86 m
Can not load every FAKKU Subscription, iPhone 6 iOS 9.0.2 safari works fine
View post on imgur.com
Mobile reader
Using a OneplusOne
Using Chrome

Gonna need to slap end epilepsy warning or something on this, every now and then some pages will start flickering on and off like a lightbulb, and even if you're not seizure prone/epileptic its still pretty painful.

Recreating it, I wouldn't be able to tell you, all I did was use the new reader
Hey there not sure if you want my input but at the moment I have found no issues with this new version. The switching of pages response is a lot quicker and fluid, it is much easier to tap to go from full screen to a smaller screen instead of constantly changing pages by mistake so great work!

-Agentblack010

Ps: this has been judged off of the usage of a Samsung galaxy S4
Android

Love that Tapping to turn page was added (like non-sub)

Thumbnail view returning is great. But it seems to have replaced the return to "start".
"Start" being the area with tags/comments ect.

So that sucks. Buy otherwise fantastic.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
apostrofree wrote...
Mobile reader
Using a OneplusOne
Using Chrome

Can you tell what kind of view settings you were using, and possibly what chapter you were reading? I have a OnePlus One myself and couldn't replicate the kind of flickering you described.

@agentblack010-461921

Nice to hear that you're enjoying it!

@thrust-vectoring-5508836

For returning to "start", you can click/tap the name of the chapter in the title bar to do that. Admittedly, that's not always possible because the title can get hidden on smaller mobile screens. I'll probably figure out a way to have a "back" link in the thumbnail view eventually.

(Also, you could tap to turn page in the older premium reader too - it's not actually a new feature.)
@Diaz

Tapping only worked for me when the overly was visible.

I don't see titles, only pages (ex. 2/14)

Android chrome browser.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
For the story https://www.fakku.net/manga/love-juice-beat-english the reader neither loads thumbnails nor the pages (they appear plain white).

I tested it on my MacBook and my IPad with Chrome as the browser and both devices have the same issue
Daiz FAKKU Developer
It's time for another update! Most notable thing in this new version is that the top bar layout has changed a bit. The three bars button is gone from the top left, and now you should press the button with the page numbers to go back to the thumbnail view (this was actually possible in previous versions too, but I suspect not a lot of people figured this out on their now. The icon should hopefully help with this now.)

Forum Image: http://arinashi.com/img/ph1qss6q.png

Other than that, this update mainly brings with it some small bug fixes. Til next time!
Ah I figured it out. The title don't show in portrait mode. But shows in landscape.

Would be nice to get a little button.
I'm getting a fatal issue in IE 11.0 on my Windows RT tablet. I'm using the app, not the windowed version.

After tapping a manga I'm brought to the thumbnail page for the manga (which looks amazing btw). Then upon tapping one of the thumbnails, the image for the page loads blurry, then disappears leaving whatever my background color is set to.
Corollary Issues:
1. If I tap the left or right regions, the page number increases, but nothing loads.

2. If I tap the icon to go back to the thumbnail page, some of the thumbnails do not loaf. They just leave a blank white space where they'd be. When I select that space though, the thumbnail loads, but remains blurry.

Other Notes:
A. Refreshing the pages doesn't fix the issue. At most, if all I'm seeing is the background color I set in the prefs; then, a blurry image of the page loads before continuing with the bug I described above (blurry > bg color).

B. This occurs on multiple subscriptions. I tested it on "Forest of Beautiful Witches" and "Metaborphos" in X-Eros 36.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Time for another small update. Turns out smooth scaling was bugged on Internet Explorer and Edge, making the images disappear, but that should be fixed now.

Scrolling with mouse wheels and trackpads should hopefully be better in this build too with some updates to the wheel logic. On top of that, there is now a Scroll Wheel Sensitivity setting that you can use to tweak mouse wheel / trackpad scroll speed if the default speed feels too fast or slow to you.
Daiz wrote...
Time for another small update. Turns out smooth scaling was bugged on Internet Explorer and Edge, making the images disappear, but that should be fixed now.

Yup; it's fixed!

Now I'm seeing a new bug, this time with changing pages. Tapping anywhere, or swiping in any direction, causes the page to jump to the next one.
As before, it's not specific to any manga, and, toying with preferences didn't affect the bug's behavior.
Pages Prev12345Next