[Hinasaki Yo] Whispers After Class

Pages Prev1234Next
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Brittany wrote...
... It's just a back and forth process. Some books are great and we have little trouble with, and some other books just like to be troublemakers and you gotta fuss with it for a while before it gets to be just right.

I certainly appreciate the deluxe feel of Fakku releases, and this is one part of that. Thanks for the extra effort!

Just curious, it sounds like it is more complex then just sending a pdf for them to print? Or are you actually modifying the colors in the document?
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Smuggins wrote...
Brittany wrote...
... It's just a back and forth process. Some books are great and we have little trouble with, and some other books just like to be troublemakers and you gotta fuss with it for a while before it gets to be just right.

I certainly appreciate the deluxe feel of Fakku releases, and this is one part of that. Thanks for the extra effort!

Just curious, it sounds like it is more complex then just sending a pdf for them to print? Or are you actually modifying the colors in the document?

With Wani specifically (and I'm sure all the other publishers too) after the artist gives them their artwork, they take the files and prepress them to increase the color quality to make sure it comes through well in print. We 99% get those files which makes it easier (School Love Net being the exception), however with different printing machines, different ink densities, sometimes we get a surprise that the outcome isn't what we thought it'd be. Print houses often offer services like prepressing (which Wani also sends out of house) so if files are not coming out correctly, we'll provide our open files for them to manually go in an adjust. Regardless it would either require us to adjust the file or the printer, and sometimes we want a different type of ink as well. The printer is more experienced in knowing how to most easily solve the color issue, so they often handle the adjustments for us.

With Whispers After Class, the first colored chapter was giving us the hardest time, since for some reason we weren't getting that really warm yellow sunlit effect with the colors. The other issue throughout the colors were that the shadows on skin were too brown and the skin too pale. So we want it to be softer and have more of a pink hue
ntfakku Reads & Collects Stuff
Brittany wrote...
Smuggins wrote...
Brittany wrote...

With Wani specifically (and I'm sure all the other publishers too) after the artist gives them their artwork, they take the files and prepress them to increase the color quality to make sure it comes through well in print. We 99% get those files which makes it easier (School Love Net being the exception), however with different printing machines, different ink densities, sometimes we get a surprise that the outcome isn't what we thought it'd be. Print houses often offer services like prepressing (which Wani also sends out of house) so if files are not coming out correctly, we'll provide our open files for them to manually go in an adjust. Regardless it would either require us to adjust the file or the printer, and sometimes we want a different type of ink as well. The printer is more experienced in knowing how to most easily solve the color issue, so they often handle the adjustments for us.

With Whispers After Class, the first colored chapter was giving us the hardest time, since for some reason we weren't getting that really warm yellow sunlit effect with the colors. The other issue throughout the colors were that the shadows on skin were too brown and the skin too pale. So we want it to be softer and have more of a pink hue

The insight into the intricacies of printing are pretty neat and you don't usually hear this from "mainstream" publishers. I remember a post short post showing how you add a red hue to make the colors "pop." Anyway, the rather detailed response to fuel my patience is much appreciated, I know the end product will be worth it.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Brittany wrote...
snip...

Very cool information! I agree with others, the extra little info from behind the scenes is very interesting to me.

I suppose a fakku blog would be redundant with the forums, but I would follow it. Easier to keep upto date on for me than the forums.
I wanted to put together an example of the difference in reproofing so you all could also see the difference when going back and having the images retouched for printing:

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/9mM9pNZ.jpg

I've talked to the printers about what we can do to improve speed going forward and I hope with what we have planned this year you all will see an improvement with less delays while maintaining the same standard in quality. Thanks!
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Brittany wrote...
I wanted to put together an example of the difference in reproofing so you all could also see the difference when going back and having the images retouched for printing...

The final version does look more "warm", highlight is more pronounced too. Very nice!
Good news everyone, everything is approved with Whispers After Class and we're expecting this book to arrive in the office early May
Brittany wrote...
Good news everyone, everything is approved with Whispers After Class and we're expecting this book to arrive in the office early May

Any future plans for his other two books?
taz2 wrote...
Brittany wrote...

Any future plans for his other two books?

Not right at this moment, we have some other projects we're excited to share. That doesn't mean it's ruled out though
I still did not get my book when will it be shipped it's almost the end of April this is getting ridiculous

Hey, this book was announced that it'd arrive in the office early May, and for the other books late April they would arrive to the office. It's currently Mid April, and you'll have to give the shipping department time to get the books in, packed, and shipped out to everyone.

I do apologize though for the long delay on a handful of books, I've done my best to update everyone as I can with the delayed books on why. You should notice this year there be a huge improvement on windows of time between preorder and shipment of books.
Just wondering if you guys got this book in stock yet. I have a large pre-order with like 6 books, some of them the delayed ones that just came in, I'm waiting to ship. The other books in the order are all now in stock according to their threads. This is the only one left in the order that I'm unsure if you have in yet.
Yes, this came in at the same time as Drawn by Brush and School Love Net, so it is in the office - just getting all the orders put together. You should be seeing shipping confirmations in the next several days.
Brittany wrote...
Yes, this came in at the same time as Drawn by Brush and School Love Net, so it is in the office - just getting all the orders put together. You should be seeing shipping confirmations in the next several days.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!
Hoping that means ill see This and Wild at School ship out finally :D something to be excited for.
how close you guys are from shipping the orders of november 25?

this is the book that is holding my BF order...
Hello, just checking in wondering if anyone else had heard about their copies shipping out in the last week or so? I ordered this one pretty late with a bunch of other titles very recently, so I assume I'm at the back of the shipping queue and that's perfectly fine. I was just wondering if people who'd ordered Whispers After Class either on its own or in smaller orders than mine were starting to see their copies shipping out like others have for School Love Net and Drawn By Brush (as it was mentioned they all came in at the same time) since some members in those books' threads have mentioned seeing those copies already.
Baka_Bishie wrote...
Hello, just checking in wondering if anyone else had heard about their copies shipping out in the last week or so? I ordered this one pretty late with a bunch of other titles very recently, so I assume I'm at the back of the shipping queue and that's perfectly fine. I was just wondering if people who'd ordered Whispers After Class either on its own or in smaller orders than mine were starting to see their copies shipping out like others have for School Love Net and Drawn By Brush (as it was mentioned they all came in at the same time) since some members in those books' threads have mentioned seeing those copies already.

You should be getting a shipping notice soon I think. I got one yesterday. I too was wondering when I could expect my order since the books in it came in weeks ago now, so I contacted support. I was told they are in the process of getting them all out and they were hoping to have them done by the end of this week. It seems they did more small or single orders first, then moved on to the larger ones with more than one or two books.

This is assuming all the books in your order are currently in stock and not still on pre-order. If any are still on pre-order, then it won't ship until they are all stocked.
mfw didn't receive my notification yet

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZT5wc8u.jpg
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
srtetudo wrote...
mfw didn't receive my notification yet

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZT5wc8u.jpg

No one has
animefreak_usa wrote...

No one has

I got mine in today. Should be seeing yours ship out soon.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfiQkeWW0AAei8l?format=jpg
Pages Prev1234Next