Anyone frustrated with Fakku nowadays?

Pages 123Next
First of all, I just wanna say that this is all based on my perspective, so I don't want to make it sound everyone have this problem. With that said, I think I'm done with supporting Fakku. I love their content, I subscribed, bought most of the books and doujins here to try to support the artists, but some of the recent changes have changed my mind of this place. There have been too much radio silence at times and they keep ignoring certain issues. I'll try to list some points that personally made me frustrated and I hope I'm being fair.

>Gets different licenses like Comic Koh, Comic Europa and Girls ForM but only use the usual 5 (Kairakuten, Kairakuten BEAST, Bavel and X-eros and Shitsurakuten)
>These other magazines are regulated to rotating slot yet some of their content release sparsely over the whole year (check Girls ForM vol.13 releases)
>Gets more licenses like Comic Aoha but didn't put the other ones in the supposed rotating slot positions
>Weekly Kairakuten gets delayed so it turned to monthly, defeating the point
>Still no news of Orcsoft's game beyond "Summer 2019" release
>YQII made a thread saying they'll not translate sound effects in doujinshi releases to make it faster and says not many care about it
>Other users said otherwise and I also personally objected because I realized series like Assisted Mating will have inconsistent qualities between early and later releases.
>Thread gets deleted

I'm feeling really conflicted on this whole thing now and there's a lot on my mind. I might get books that interest me if the quality is still good and get Enshodo releases, but I feel it's not really worth it to subscribe again based on what's going on. Maybe I need a break and check back again but I doubt things will change. What do you guys think?
NarberalGamma4996 Fukuyama Naoto Fangay
Thread gets deleted XD! I have no compliant except for their reasoning for not wanting to do SFX for doujins and whiteout magazine chapters which they promise will get uncensored in a few weeks. It has been months fakku. I don't know if you guys are working on getting those whiteout magazine chapaters uncensored anymore.
Honestly it feels more like when websites get complacent, no competition, no need to improve, it happens when sites get too big and make enough money to not need to do anything. Honestly Books are by far the best both in quality and content but it does feel like the direction the site is going is not improvement but to just keep doing what works until numbers start dropping.

I really wish the team could focus on the site a bit more and expand it's inventory I find it hard to believe they can't get a magazine that's a competitor to Wani.
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Maybe the thread about the SFX not getting translated deleted means they're backpedaling on that decision based on feedback, but who knows until there's official word.

Personally, I felt disappointed by the decision, but I understand that they want to translate more stuff. It just seems like it would sacrifice quality though.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Some good feedback came in with our recent announcement with doujinshi, and it was removed while we discuss any further decisions internally.

While I don't have answers to everything listed here since my main priority is Books, I can assure you that every person that works for FAKKU is anything but complacent and work very hard to meet deadlines and provide the highest quality possible.
I too am rather frustrated. My big beef is with the lack of adequate tags, and adequate tagging. There aren't nearly enough different tags, and they aren't even gendered as in...certain other sites. Many of the tags we do have use Japanese terminology that not everyone is going to know, even when there's no reason to do so. Also none of them are defined. Why the powers that be would choose to use 'bakunyuu' instead of 'huge breasts', I've no idea. I'm also puzzled by our need to have futanari, newhalf, and trans as tags when, as far as I can tell, they are used more or less interchangeably here. Last I checked, futanari has, at least in the west, become pretty much the catchall term for dickgirls (in the context of hentai. Put your pitchforks away).

There are other threads on this topic, so I'm not going to make this wall of text any bigger than it already is.

In short, yes, I am also frustrated with Fakku, but for different reasons

also they don't have any of my favorite artists
NarberalGamma4996 wrote...
Thread gets deleted XD! I have no compliant except for their reasoning for not wanting to do SFX for doujins and whiteout magazine chapters which they promise will get uncensored in a few weeks. It has been months fakku. I don't know if you guys are working on getting those whiteout magazine chapaters uncensored anymore.

Those whiteout chapters depends on the artist, and they did try to tell them it has to be uncensored, but Yatsuki Hiyori works have always been whiteout and I doubt that change unless there's a new policy where their works don't get translated which I hope it happens

Brittany wrote...
Some good feedback came in with our recent announcement with doujinshi, and it was removed while we discuss any further decisions internally.

While I don't have answers to everything listed here since my main priority is Books, I can assure you that every person that works for FAKKU is anything but complacent and work very hard to meet deadlines and provide the highest quality possible.

Of course, thank you for your hard work on these books and the update on that. It's good that the doujinshi SFX decision is being looked over again, it just really feels that there has been a shift on content, like what license will make the most money and what ways can you bring out content faster. I hope Fakku continues to listen to fan feedback
RychschaX wrote...
I too am rather frustrated. My big beef is with the lack of adequate tags, and adequate tagging. There aren't nearly enough different tags, and they aren't even gendered as in...certain other sites. Many of the tags we do have use Japanese terminology that not everyone is going to know, even when there's no reason to do so. Also none of them are defined. Why the powers that be would choose to use 'bakunyuu' instead of 'huge breasts', I've no idea. I'm also puzzled by our need to have futanari, newhalf, and trans as tags when, as far as I can tell, they are used more or less interchangeably here. Last I checked, futanari has, at least in the west, become pretty much the catchall term for dickgirls (in the context of hentai. Put your pitchforks away).

There are other threads on this topic, so I'm not going to make this wall of text any bigger than it already is.

I've noticed that as well.

I think it is appropriate to use the Japanese terminology given the nature of this website, but it would be nice to have some clarity. It would be nice if once you click on a tag, the top of the page gave some, perhaps witty, description of what the content on this page is going to represent.
623 FAKKU QA
Tsuchan wrote...
RychschaX wrote...

I think it is appropriate to use the Japanese terminology given the nature of this website, but it would be nice to have some clarity. It would be nice if once you click on a tag, the top of the page gave some, perhaps witty, description of what the content on this page is going to represent.

There used to be tag descriptions on the tag pages. Dunno why they're gone now. :/a Also the tag names are slowly shifting away from the Japanese hence why stuff like "oshiri", "ashikoki", and "irrumatio" were all changed to booty, footjob, and deepthroat, respectively. So I wouldn't be surprised if things like bakunyuu are changed at one point in the future.

Also I agree that more tags need to be implemented.
JohnFNSeiler Resident Flatscan
RychschaX wrote...

We just did a big overhall on the tags introducing a handful of new tags while also giving users a feature to submit tags for past content and we'll be updating with new tags once we're caught up on the current group of tags. I got a list of tags I've been keeping track of that i'd like to add.

Futa, newhalf and trans are three totally different tags and dickgirls is just a less elegant word for futa.

But yeah, the tags situation is something I'm totally working on and it's just something we'll implement more over time.
(Post moved to this thread, as it sort of went off on a tangent.)
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
I am very close to unsubscribing. The front page is an unholy mess. I freaking HATE the "Popular Now" that has more than 8 sections filled with shit I don't care about. It fills up my front page feed and the actual subscription content that's new gets buried under it. If I at least had the option to turn them off I could care less, but nope. Nothing. No option whatsoever to clear the horrendous clutter on Fakku's front page.

On top of that, I feel like I was suckered into preordering Chii-chan, and thus I will never preorder anything from Fakku again, including books. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The monthly rotation schedules of certain comics is also incredibly frustrating for me. I heartily agree with jsojoo12 on this point. Way too much content is left seemingly untouched on the table with ZERO communication or transparency for either its delay or non-existence.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
blackswordsman wrote...
I am very close to unsubscribing. The front page is an unholy mess. I freaking HATE the "Popular Now" that has more than 8 sections filled with shit I don't care about. It fills up my front page feed and the actual subscription content that's new gets buried under it. If I at least had the option to turn them off I could care less, but nope. Nothing. No option whatsoever to clear the horrendous clutter on Fakku's front page.

You can turn it off. It's in your sub settings
JohnFNSeiler wrote...
RychschaX wrote...

We just did a big overhall on the tags introducing a handful of new tags while also giving users a feature to submit tags for past content and we'll be updating with new tags once we're caught up on the current group of tags. I got a list of tags I've been keeping track of that i'd like to add.

Futa, newhalf and trans are three totally different tags and dickgirls is just a less elegant word for futa.

But yeah, the tags situation is something I'm totally working on and it's just something we'll implement more over time.

So when giving the ability to add tags the ability to flag for controversial tags still requires a post here on the forums rather than letting us submit the tag and flagging the chapter for review by the team doing tags...

Trapped Girlfriend

That ones top comment was a note about adding forced back in February 2017 and it’s still not there, and when I tried adding it the list doesn’t contain the tag. The story has the word no or stop on almost every page of dialogue past page 5... it’s the literal definition of forced...
623 FAKKU QA
blackswordsman wrote...
If I at least had the option to turn them off I could care less, but nope. Nothing. No option whatsoever to clear the horrendous clutter on Fakku's front page.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Ng16W9q.jpg
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
623 wrote...
blackswordsman wrote...
If I at least had the option to turn them off I could care less, but nope. Nothing. No option whatsoever to clear the horrendous clutter on Fakku's front page.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Ng16W9q.jpg

I did not see that before. Not sure when it turned up, but that's something, at least. I don't know why it suddenly toggled on, because I've literally never seen that option before.
blackswordsman wrote...
The monthly rotation schedules of certain comics is also incredibly frustrating for me. I heartily agree with jsojoo12 on this point. Way too much content is left seemingly untouched on the table with ZERO communication or transparency for either its delay or non-existence.

This still is a big issue for me. I was hoping I'd get a response about the whole thing in this thread, but no response from other team members about this is a dealbreaker for me. I won't subscribe again until they got some good diverse content to go through and actually make use of those licenses they have.
JohnFNSeiler Resident Flatscan
People are more than welcome to send a ticket and suggest a controversial tag for a chapter.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
623 wrote...
Tsuchan wrote...
RychschaX wrote...

[size=8]also they don't have any of my favorite artists[/size]

There used to be tag descriptions on the tag pages. Dunno why they're gone now. :/a Also the tag names are slowly shifting away from the Japanese hence why stuff like "oshiri", "ashikoki", and "irrumatio" were all changed to booty, footjob, and deepthroat, respectively. So I wouldn't be surprised if things like bakunyuu are changed at one point in the future.

Also I agree that more tags need to be implemented.

It apparently caused server issues. They were looking to bring it back, but must've been put on the backburner.

Also, I have a feeling only the weird ones that aren't that commonly used will be changed to english. And things like yuri, yaoi, futa, etc. Will all stay jap. A lot of them sound a lot better in japanese than english. A lot fancier for lack of a better word. Things like tit job instead of paizuri just sounds blunt and eh
Brittany wrote...
I can assure you that every person that works for FAKKU is anything but complacent and work very hard to meet deadlines

Not that i'd complain but the new book is not released and it's way past the deadline already.
Pages 123Next