FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

I wish there was an option where the zoom for the next page is the same as the current page, without having to go into settings. Different chapters or sections of pages need different zooms on mobile, and it would be nice not to have to go into settings everytime. This is how other readers work and it's a much smoother experience.
So, this is not for the reader, but I thought I'd post it here.

Liking the new visuals, dark mode is less black, and that's good. But PLEASE, bring back the colors for the tags. Keep them green and red for followed and blocked tags. Also, keep the greyed out titles for the ones I've already checked, as before.

Also, when reading on the forums, maybe the grey font is a bit too hard to read. Up the contrast a bit, make it more white.

And finally, since the update, the forums are broken. There's an edit/delete button at the bottom of every topic, which doesn't make sense, even for topics I haven't created. And also, I can't create a new topic, it sends me to a broken page.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
In addition to fallenwing13's post, please also bring back visited link colors for the front page, this makes it much easier to see what new chapters I need to add to the 'To Read' list.

Can't say I really like the very mobile layout looking new front page with just one column either...

Signatures seem to be broken as well, for some reason the images in mine that should be on one line show up under each other.
the "favorites" counter on each chapter's page seems to be malfunctioning. shows the same value as the page number on the few chapters i checked.
I'll toss in some feedback on the new artist pages: Can you at least give us the option to choose between covers only vs. covers and tags like we had before? Now when checking out a new or unknown artist, I have to open each individual work to find out what kind of content they draw, as opposed to it being immediately visible on the artist page. The "has a tag you follow" hover over isn't helpful, when pretty much every chapter does. I want to be able to check the tags at a glance like we had before.

EDIT: Did we also lose the ability to navigate pages on the homepage? I get to the bottom and there's no option to go to previous works.
Pretty massive downgrade in usability.

What's missing from the gallery view (e.g. /tags/unlimited) now:
Tags! (this was the most important bit of info when judging if I should go to a work's page for a closer look)
Sample page from the work alongside the first/front page.
Works with blocked tags having their covers/thumbnails blurred.
Indication of a work with a followed tag is now all but invisible.

What we got in return:
The ability to see more works on the screen at once.

Meanwhile, the "New Releases" page is as useless as it ever was, maybe more so since it doesn't even have the (near invisible) indication of stories with followed tags.

And what's with the front page? I should be happy it at least shows the tags and two page preview... but the previews are tiny, and the order appears to be a little messed up. Like it almost sorts by publishing date, but random old works are mixed in as well.

I wanted to be positive, add some praise to go alongside the complaints. But honestly, I'm not sure anything I care about was improved.
I can imagine the new front page design is handy on a phone.

On a 1440p monitor, however, you just get a thin list of previews in the middle, and have to do a lot of scrolling, because you can only see two and a half works, at most, instead of four, five or more as it was before.
With the new site change, It's now no longer possible to "Unfavorite" something; clicking "In Favorites" on a manga's page just takes you to your Favorite's List instead. This means if you click the "Add to Favorites" button on a manga's page, it will be favorite'd forever. Please fix this.
New site is much worse than the old one. Tons of functionality gone.
I like the UI look so far from light use on mobile. Only constant issue im having is I can't scroll through my collections I have step up to sort doujins I like. It just shows the first couple and I can't get to the rest. Favorite seems to be bugged as well where i had to go back and favorite more than once.
Can no longer scroll through my created collections to assign a doujin to it when on the doujin page. It just opens up and stops. It is unusable now and was a key feature for sorting.

Edit: on mobile
Before the update, every chapter displayed two pages, one from the beginning and a steamy one from further in. I always thought they were well chosen and it was one of my favorite parts of the previous design. Sad to see it go.
I too will voice my displeasure here at the changes that took away features that I enjoyed about this site. I hope we reverse course soon on this.
69titty69 Vanilla Connoisseur
I can't scroll down to see all of my collections when trying to add a new doujin to my collection. On Android, the Android App, or on a computer with a 1368x768p screen.

Edit: All we need is a scroll bar on PC & scroll functionality on mobile. If I zoom out on my pc browser, I can see all of my collections (really small... but still the only solution that works).
This new design fits 2 chapters on 1 row, but in doing so ended up removing a quick way to see tags at a glance.

Will there be an option to revert back to the previous UI with 1 chapter per row with 2 pages displayed + tags?

EDIT: definitely unsubbing until they address the UI changes, absolutely awful.
"Add to collection" cannot scroll

I have many collections. When adding chapters to collections in the new UI, the collection list extends over the edge of the screen and I cannot scroll it.

Linking to a specific comment in a post is also broken.
I gotta say, I'm REALLY disliking this new UI look. This is a complete and utter downgrade from what Fakku was before. For starters, you've removed greying out of titles I have already read, which combined with the new layout, is making it fun finding where I last left off with new chapters (I usually let chapters build up to have small backlog). But worse is the UI itself. Its overkill seeing so many chapters on a page like this, and now with even LESS info. It was already bad enough when you removed summaries, page count, and what magazine a chapter was from when scrolling through pages, but now we don't even get to see tags?

Are you guys seriously this out of touch with your community? It's already bad enough you don't always accurately add tags to chapters (Forced tag in particular tends to be missing from a lot of chapters). But tags are an easy way of quickly being able to look and see if a chapter is something someone wants to read. Does clicking on a chapter to see its page, but not actually reading the chapter itself still count as a view or something? I don't want to have to click EVERY SINGLE chapter to look at its tags to see if its for me or not. I should be able to scroll down a page and go "loli tag? no thanks." or "ntr? not touching that".

I don't get why Fakku feels like it has to keep dumbing down this site. Do you think your customers/members are seriously this stupid? You guys haven't even bothered to say anything about the changes, or make it an optional beta test. You just silently dumped this turd of an "update" on us. And when will you guys ever add some god damn features to the favorites section? You continue to leave it super bare bones for years now, with no useful way of navigating it. You wont add a randomize result to it, while once again breaking the fan made extension of a randomizer to favorites page.

Please, revert this site back to what it was. Don't break what doesn't need fixing, and fix the things that you've been neglecting for years. Why is this so hard?
I have to agree that the visited links no longer being differentiated from the new links is a major PITA.
Not sure why you released the new UI without that feature.
Greed117 wrote...
But tags are an easy way of quickly being able to look and see if a chapter is something someone wants to read. Does clicking on a chapter to see its page, but not actually reading the chapter itself still count as a view or something? I don't want to have to click EVERY SINGLE chapter to look at its tags to see if its for me or not. I should be able to scroll down a page and go "loli tag? no thanks." or "ntr? not touching that".

To workaround the issue at the moment, does blocking those tags help? In the page for each tag (ex unlimited) there is a "block" option

Update: nvm I tested and tag blocking are broken by the website change. It used to grey out chapters
The more I look at this new UI, the more I'm shocked by how less functional it is. When searching by a specific tag, it doesn't matter if I see more results per page if I then have to open each result to see what other tags it has. This new format of just showing the cover, title, artist name, and a notification that a work "has a tag you follow" wastes infinitely more time than it could ever save.