RWBY

Well I saw this on the front page of Youtube and it seemed pretty interesting to say the least. There will be an improvement in voices and such when the episodes are released so no real problems there. Supposedly more info will be released next month so we'll see.

My favorites would probably be Red and Yellow. Thoughts?
SHUT UP AND GO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE OF RWBY NOW!
Its pretty cool, a friend showed me these videos a while ago, kind of reminds me of Black Rock Shooter.
fuck yeah! great first episode!
wow, what is this amazingness? where did it come from? what was the concept? Anyone got the intel on this?
Pervy Fatman wrote...
fuck yeah! great first episode!

My favorite is yellow
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
aznstoner wrote...
wow, what is this amazingness? where did it come from? what was the concept? Anyone got the intel on this?

From Monty Oum's obsession with anime and action films.

It was a pretty cool first episode, I'm looking forward to more. If they made this into an action rpg, I'd play it.
623 FAKKU QA
I have a major boner for awesome weapons and 1 vs. 100000 scenarios so this thing is right up my alley. Looking forward to more.
They have more info at RoosterTeeth. Word is new episodes air every Thursday.
WideEyedMan wrote...
SHUT UP AND GO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE OF RWBY NOW!

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/969390-41WUTGX.gif
Well since nobody else is doing anything besides gawking at how amazing RWBY is I should clarify what RWBY is at least.

An action-oriented weekly web series created by Monty Oum who has created works such as Dead Fantasy and Haloid, funded and hosted by Rooster Teeth. The story revolves around four girls, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long and their eventually united quest to achieve their own dreams in a world terrorized by human-eating monstrosities called the Grim and powered by a mysterious substance called Dust. The animation prides itself in it's gorgeous art, high-impact animation and the tasteful references to old fairy tales.

Supposedly each season is going to be tailored to each character, with this one being the Ruby season. So expect alot of RWBY in the future.

Feel free to ask me anything about RWBY, I'm no push over when it comes to information about RWBY.
Episode 1 was 12 minutes and 20 seconds of pure AWESOMENESS! Can't wait for more!
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Second episode wasn't great. Without the awesome action scenes the shitty dialogue and cliches standout too much.
Tsujoi wrote...
Second episode wasn't great. Without the awesome action scenes the shitty dialogue and cliches standout too much.

I mostly agree with the statement (just shut up Weiss, SHUT UP, god you were so much better when you were singing), except some of the dialogue was good; mostly the satisfaction I got from seeing Blake shutdown Weiss, the voice actor for Blake has the sarcastic drawl done nicely and a little bit of background information on characters(as generic as they are) was nice. None of that can cure the severe cliches and the painful animation quality (sometimes the lips of characters would poorly move during dialogue, or the lazy animation of Jaune fumbling his shield). I am hoping with tons of excess optimism that Monty will quickly transition from the High-school stage (or at least start acting like they are in a world of monsters and political turmoil) and take more care (maybe even push each episode to every two weeks) in animating because there is a very good chance that the series will stagnate and die in the current Beacon Academy.
Second episode was okay but not as great as the first. Got to see some other characters so that was good but I didn't really expect Weiss to be that much of a bitch.
It looks really nice, but I dunno how the RT writing staff will handle it since their main thing otherwise is RvB, which tends to be more bits.

That said, I'm pretty happy with it so far, and I've been riding the hype-wave for a while as a huge fan of Rooster Teeth.
Didn't expect Weiss to be the typical spoilt ojou-sama (but then again, my expectations may have been construed by these 4 komas). We've heard Blake before, so no surprises there. Her voice is a good match.

Being still part of the introductory arc, it's forgivable- but things were kinda slow-moving this episode- not much going on. They could have conveyed Weiss' character with much less time and more body language- which segues into my next point;

The animation this episode was- well- underwhelming, to say the least. I'm hoping the reason for this is because Monty is focusing on going balls-out insane on the action sequences.

Ruby-chibi was also a little jarring. Felt out of place.

I'm also hoping Ruby/Jaune doesn't become a thing- because that would be so horrifyingly normal. Brutally boring.

Fingers crossed.
AJ27 wrote...
Second episode was okay but not as great as the first. Got to see some other characters so that was good but I didn't really expect Weiss to be that much of a bitch.

In my opinion, it's too early to judge Weiss.
catnip513 wrote...

In my opinion, it's too early to judge Weiss.

True but first impressions are hard to erase.
Judging by all of that whining and self-important behaviors,i assume Weiss would be the tsundere one in four of them.