[Anime] Kantai Collection/Kancolle (Winter 2014)

Pages Prev1234Next
Spoiler:
The people from 2ch/4chan already predicted about this, and what worse that the artist tweeted about her safety.

KUSO TEITOKU
Kaimax Best Master-San
Sanada-Kun wrote...
Spoiler:
The people from 2ch/4chan already predicted about this, and what worse that the artist tweeted about her safety.

KUSO TEITOKU

Spoiler:
"Kisaragi sank because of the weight of all the death flags she was carrying this episode."
bug post? goddammit
@Kaimax
Spoiler:
Well it's also historically accurate. But it's nice to see change of pace like this. Though I doubt they will follow the historical timeline after this episode

Forum Image: http://iforce.co.nz/i/b41v2b0c.4ut.jpg
EVIL:

Sanada-Kun wrote...
Spoiler:

KUSO TEITOKU

I believe most players already predicted it, including you and Kai. Still sad for me, though.

Given that I'm not well-versed with term in KanColle, what kuso teitoku means?

And looks like Kai is still bugged...
AzelleFans wrote...
EVIL:

Sanada-Kun wrote...
Spoiler:

KUSO TEITOKU

I believe most players already predicted it, including you and Kai. Still sad for me, though.

And looks like Kai is still bugged...

Kuso teitoku is Akebono's verbal tic, meaning
Spoiler:
Shitty admiral. People usually use it if some admiral sunk their ship

Yeah, bugged page is annoying
Kaimax Best Master-San
AzelleFans wrote...

Basically "Shitty Admiral" a term made for players who made "bad/weird decisions". In the case of the anime,
Spoiler:
him sending 4 Battleships, the Kongou sisters to a regular expedition (Although it helped out in the end). Since there are no Quest Expeditions that needs you to send 4 BBs in the game

One case of Kuso Teitoku-ism I've read from the Kancolle forums, One guy who's married to a Lvl 120 Yamato kept continuing the sortie while she was in Red Critical Damage, and as expected she gets sunk in the next battle.

The bug pages are currently affecting the "Fakku GOLD members".
Ghost post bug again
EVIL:

I see. Make sense, indeed. Thanks for the explanation, you two.
MrTickTock Vanguard of NTR
watched the 3 eps that are out so far, im liking the anime so far. It doesnt do anything really groundbreaking animation wise, and the cg parts can look a little silly at time, but its been really enjoyable so far.
i hope i get to see my fav abyssal girl show up, and if she does, dont sink her.
I must say that this show is getting better by adding some flavour and depth to the plot.
Though i must say it could have been executed better.
The encouraging/smoochy segment at mid episode with Akagi, Fubuki and Mutsuki felt a bit too early (or a bit too forceful due to the soundtrack going a bit over the top there) even though it was almost necessary since it built up to the tragedy happening in the second part. And how Kisaragi actually sinks feels a bit inorganic in the action. It would have been a bit nicer maybe if it did happen during the battle instead of that "oh wait, CRAP, i forgot that ship had to sink here! There, let's add a random suicide bomber" moment toward the end. Also i did not like much the clothes-rip there but that is just my personal opinion, i feel like that mechanic works better in a plotless game where it is intended to arouse a bit the player.
Despite these few gripes this was a good episode and I will look forward to the next.
episode 3

Spoiler:
Thank god I read the story of each ships. So it didn't surprise me when Kisaragi sunk in the anime. The real ship did sunk near Wake Island and the name of the episode is W Island no?

So it's nice enough that they're do the sinks based on the ship's history.
How does the anime adopt to the game? o.o
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
Sanada-Kun wrote...
So finally the most popular browser game in Japan gets an anime adaptation.

And here some PV

PV2
Spoiler:

The first episode already aired at theaters, and judging from the camrip/screenshots, this will look good.

There be a lot of Yuri shipping bait here.

Ahhhh? Yes? Shipping bait? Get it- Shipping? cause ship girls? Ehhh?

I hate myself
Kaimax Best Master-San
anti bug post

OOT: BTW, Ingame I Finally got Hiryu, she's the most Elusive Aircraft Carrier for me. I got pretty much all of them except Shokaku who's actually rare not like Hiryu, and Unryu which you can only get event only

Got the Fuckin Beaver too..... lol
xhimitsu wrote...
How does the anime adopt to the game? o.o

So far it adopts the game mechanics like bath/repair, bucket/instant repair, refueling (Akagi's meal) and sinking (this part is rather retarded in anime, unlike ingame). The ship's personality follows the game like Kitakami-Ooi antics or Sendai's night battle addiction.

Kaimax wrote...
anti bug post

OOT: BTW, Ingame I Finally got Hiryu, she's the most Elusive Aircraft Carrier for me. I got pretty much all of them except Shokaku who's actually rare not like Hiryu, and Unryu which you can only get event only

Got the Fuckin Beaver too.. lol

Last sister syndrome can be a bitch in Kancolle lol. I got Shoukaku during winter 2013 and Zuikaku like 1 year after that. And I just realized that I don't have Beaver till now.
Huh, I'd been interested in this for a while.

Though I have never once played the games, like Touhou, I found out about 99% of the lore/fannon through Danbooru. Though I'd argue that Touhou is better in just about all aspects However considering how popular it is, a high budget anime "adaptation" seems like a no-brainer.

That is to say though, from what I've heard Kancolle is basically a MMO without really any story; and in addition there are the obvious "chore" mechanics in regards to grinding. So that kinda leaves me with a question; I'm not expecting The Lord of The Rings in terms of story and characters here, but how well has the anime done so far with creating one?

Is it at least competent? Or so far has it devolved into fanservice/moe/game referance blob.

If so, I'd just be happier sticking with the fannon on this one.

Tell me Fakku; is this worth my time?
Eps 4:

Spoiler:
Well, that's genki Kongou for ya. Her sisters are also hilarious (their ways to sneak into Admiral office, rofl).

Also, came across of this post in other site while talked about LoV' game:

"Eeeeh. More that Kantai, as a game alone (counting no other merchandise) is a barely profitable enterprise. That's probably why it's never been considered for localization. Unless they see a market for it, they'd probably just lose a lot of money in the venture."

Now, I only know that in the early days, many non-Japanese players were dying to play KanColle (and got blocked by DMM in many ways). Nowadays it seems to becomes fairly easier with help of Wikia contributors, but my question is: Is the above statement right? That KanColle game is not a profitable online game to be localized for US and Europe players (or, in short, for players outside Japan)? Or that statement is just blurted out by an ignorant person who thinks he knows everything?
AzelleFans wrote...
Eps 4:

Spoiler:
Well, that's genki Kongou for ya. Her sisters are also hilarious (their ways to sneak into Admiral office, rofl).

Also, came across of this post in other site while talked about LoV' game:

"Eeeeh. More that Kantai, as a game alone (counting no other merchandise) is a barely profitable enterprise. That's probably why it's never been considered for localization. Unless they see a market for it, they'd probably just lose a lot of money in the venture."

Now, I only know that in the early days, many non-Japanese players were dying to play KanColle (and got blocked by DMM in many ways). Nowadays it seems to becomes fairly easier with help of Wikia contributors, but my question is: Is the above statement right? That KanColle game is not a profitable online game to be localized for US and Europe players (or, in short, for players outside Japan)? Or that statement is just blurted out by an ignorant person who thinks he knows everything?

Some were true. In 2013 despite Kancolle rising popularity, it didn't give much profit for the company due multiple partnership. The game is Free2Play and majority of the 'item mall' can be obtained with doing quest/event. Not to forget that RNG fucks everyone without mercy, so item mall has little effect on this game. During that time, Kancolle wasn't ready for success. That's why you see them (Kadokawa) pumping all merchandize in 2014.

But right now, I think it's quite profitable. There's over 200 ships out there and the default ship capacity is 100, but you can raise your own ship capacity with credit card. Marriage system gives extra stats for your ship and you can buy extra rings with money. Anime and upcoming vita game will add more sales too.

If only they add playable USN kanmusu, localization will be easier. I think people would throw their money just for having USN and IJN ships sailing side by side, fighting the abyss.

Thegreato wrote...

That is to say though, from what I've heard Kancolle is basically a MMO without really any story; and in addition there are the obvious "chore" mechanics in regards to grinding. So that kinda leaves me with a question; I'm not expecting The Lord of The Rings in terms of story and characters here, but how well has the anime done so far with creating one?

Is it at least competent? Or so far has it devolved into fanservice/moe/game referance blob.

From what I've seen so far, this anime is a bridge for secondaries to understand kancolle & fanservice for the Kancolle players. It will be 50% Slice of Life+ 20% Military+ 10% Action+ 10% Drama.

This anime tries too hard to appeal the secondaries & primaries. So I expect this will flop soon.

Thegreato wrote...
Tell me Fakku; is this worth my time?

Are you expecting SnK/SAO/KLK tier anime? Then no.
Always love the damned RNG... XP

Thanks for the info, nii-sama!

USN ships... well, as long as the stupid rumor about US army tries to block KanColle to ever goes out from Japan is not true (and DMM/Kadokawa are not so resistant about sending it out, obviously), then it's still possible in the future, I think?
Kaimax Best Master-San
Episode 5
Sudden change of "main casts" I think, and also Fubuki being a bad ass.

In game:
F-in got I-401 and Maruyu on the same time. :P
Pages Prev1234Next