[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

southblazia wrote...
really wanna stay but until i get me some alternate methods of payment im outtie. don't want my routinely checked card have fakku written all over it my parents will literally kill me even though im second semester first year college. paypal is pretty much impossible and i have no clue on how to even use bitcoin. not to mention that 12 usd is gonna be like 17 CAD so no way i would even subscribe now because the selection is pitifully small. i understand why of course and i support the option. but the only real reason why manga and anime is pirated so much is because the lack of proper distribution. crunchyroll is great i sub to that but even thats not everything the selection is really limited. there's really no online subscriptions for properly translated and licensed manga (that i know of) the major issue is that there is a lack of ways for us to get manga and anime properly and i feel is especially worse here in canada. when i first started watching Owari no Seraph i torrented it because it was easy and readily accessible ( not available on crunchyroll). i don't regret it because there was just no other way. sure enough i ended up supporting the actual creators by buying the japanese CD of the first season. i dont speak or understand japanese i just did it to show support. long story short its the lack of real distribution that causes this paricy to run rampant the way it does and now its even harder to just not make it free anymore because it has been for so long.whats happening here is great. its giving us a form of distribution. and i hope that maybe one day ill be able to support FAKKU again.

i also want to add that by making it seem (and possibly actually be, i don't know all i saw was that you only accepted credit cards and clicked off) an automatic re-subscribing deal is really, and i mean a really poor decision. it would be better to pay as you go. because by what you said with paypal not being a thing because they don't like automatic payments, then just add a bloody payment that wont automatically re-new itself and there you go the paypal issue is fixed. it also adds a sense of security knowing that this will only last a month so if the person doesnt like it they just dont buy it again
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
southblazia wrote...
southblazia wrote...
really wanna stay but until i get me some alternate methods of payment im outtie. don't want my routinely checked card have fakku written all over it my parents will literally kill me even though im second semester first year college. paypal is pretty much impossible and i have no clue on how to even use bitcoin. not to mention that 12 usd is gonna be like 17 CAD so no way i would even subscribe now because the selection is pitifully small. i understand why of course and i support the option. but the only real reason why manga and anime is pirated so much is because the lack of proper distribution. crunchyroll is great i sub to that but even thats not everything the selection is really limited. there's really no online subscriptions for properly translated and licensed manga (that i know of) the major issue is that there is a lack of ways for us to get manga and anime properly and i feel is especially worse here in canada. when i first started watching Owari no Seraph i torrented it because it was easy and readily accessible ( not available on crunchyroll). i don't regret it because there was just no other way. sure enough i ended up supporting the actual creators by buying the japanese CD of the first season. i dont speak or understand japanese i just did it to show support. long story short its the lack of real distribution that causes this paricy to run rampant the way it does and now its even harder to just not make it free anymore because it has been for so long.whats happening here is great. its giving us a form of distribution. and i hope that maybe one day ill be able to support FAKKU again.

i also want to add that by making it seem (and possibly actually be, i don't know all i saw was that you only accepted credit cards and clicked off) an automatic re-subscribing deal is really, and i mean a really poor decision. it would be better to pay as you go. because by what you said with paypal not being a thing because they don't like automatic payments, then just add a bloody payment that wont automatically re-new itself and there you go the paypal issue is fixed. it also adds a sense of security knowing that this will only last a month so if the person doesnt like it they just dont buy it again

Paypal is fine with physical adult goods, but not digital adult content, that's the problem they have with it. Not subscriptions themselves.
This site was pretty good, i have to admit. But every time, i get to see my favorites list grow thinner and thinner. I understand the global situation you guys are dealing with but this site used to be great with an awsome variety of hentai and all. But sadly, all that is decreasing and content is going down. Not the quality but the quantity. I loved finding new things to "hrm hrm" reaserch everyday but sonn enough there wont be any new stuff. Im not saying this site sucks, on the opposite, i love it but if you could stop removing the stories that made my day
I dont like this new change.. Its been 9 years since I first came to this website(though i didnt make an account until a few years later) i loved this website; It was my favorite site to come read doujinshis and stuff. Now since this new update, while I do understand your decision on this, im not subscribing... I must say I do miss being able to read my favorites. Everything I want to read is a subscription...
blackice85 wrote...
southblazia wrote...
southblazia wrote...

Paypal is fine with physical adult goods, but not digital adult content, that's the problem they have with it. Not subscriptions themselves.

oh okay i understand. but even then i still feel that the automatic resub is a bad idea, unless i was also ill informed about that aswell?
Hey there I love this site and I understand what your doing and been a sub since it started but with the falling CAD $ I'm paying $17+ which is a lot for me. And I seen from other responses to this thread lm not alone. I have been on the fence on wether to cancel my sub to save money...but now with less content it is pushing me towards cancelling my sub since it does not seem worth it when I can find it free else where....even if it's been cencered

All I ask is drop the sub fee otr come out with a discount option for subing for 3+ so months it works pretty will for mmo

that is all I have to say
Thanks
I respect the decision, and I'll probably buy books when it piques my interest. But I sadly won't be coming here for my every day dose of fap and read. I hope for the best for this site.
As much as I would love to keep my patronage on this website, I unfortunately cannot afford paying 12 USD (or 16 CAD in Canada) with a very limited content.
I would love to, but I can't justify paying a steep price with content that I don't enjoy.

I do hope Fakku introduces an option to pay for content that you want to pay for.
Like a phone plan, you pay a minimum to access to the website plus all the options you want to pay for.

Surely that can arranged? Because that is something I can support.
This is an amazing move that I hope sticks and allows Fakku to thrive; premium content with a lack of piracy.
I sadly will be waiting before contributing much, a) for backlog to build and b) more comfortable cash flow.
Probably I'd only spring for a book at the moment, even then it would need to check more than a few kink boxes (vanilla, yandere, DFC, monster girl, humor, Yamotogawa, etc).

One thing I find to be a pity is that it sounds like there will be far less doujinshi/parodies/fanfiction/manga-using-someone-else's-characters, as fanfiction by definition is unlicensed.
There was always more room in my life for A Certain Magical Index...

I want to see Fakku become the Echii version of Steam (accidentally become the market leader and so big that you give up curating it, set up automated systems, and just sit back to watch the money roll in for all involved).
Last 10 years have been great. Thank you for everything Jacob and Fakku! I appreciate all of your time and hardwork that made Fakku an amazing experience.

FAKKU! will always be my first and favourite regardless - take care and wish you all the best!

Next stop nhentai ~!
I have been subscribed pretty much since Fakku Subscription was launched, and all the content so far has been pretty top notch. That said, I think buying digital manga volumes should be at least slightly cheaper for subscribers especially if you're offering free content to non-subscribers as well.

Maybe you could use it to entice people to subscribe for a full year, like a full year subscription would be overall a better deal than paying monthly and you get 10% off all digital manga sales ect. I understand why you can't easily lower the price for physical copies, so I have no issue with that.

Also, I would buy a couple physical copies of the manga you have on sale, but I wouldn't have anywhere to put it or anything like that because I really don't like to advertise my love for hentai. It's unfortunate, but I'll probably never buy any physical copies unless I end up living alone.
I don't post often... well technically only once before.

No CC so no means of paying sub, though if I can afford the extra $5 to get a pre-paid Visa/Master Card... that could cover at best 1-2 months.

Would like to see something somewhat like Crunchyroll's method. Stuff airs, and 24 hrs later its up for premium users, one week later its public access.

With the magazines you would have to figure in a month delay?!? just a thought.
Tsunetsuki degenerate
Hanayome wrote...
nazerith wrote...

A simple option for subscription methods would be to allow a user to subscribe to a specific ero magazine. Since the site presently supports two, you can subscribe to one or the other for $6 per month. This would still allow someone to receive a constant but more limited flow of content.

I think you missed the part where Jacob said that the billing company charges $3.00 per transaction. It's not possible to split up the sub without inflating the price or taking a heavy blow to profits.

Wouldn't subscriptions for 3-, 6- or 12-month periods make a whole lot of sense in that case? Then they could even offer a longer sub for a specific magazine without the per-transaction fee amounting to much. Some kind of 'credits system' that was suggested could work to mitigate it as well and would work for even smaller purchases like individual chapters or magazines, if they wanted to try something like that.

At the very least I'd be into a year-long sub. Easier to budget and cheaper than a monthly payment.
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
Tsunetsuki wrote...

Wouldn't subscriptions for 3-, 6- or 12-month periods make a whole lot of sense in that case? Then they could even offer a longer sub for a specific magazine without the per-transaction fee amounting to much. Some kind of 'credits system' that was suggested could work to mitigate it as well and would work for even smaller purchases like individual chapters or magazines, if they wanted to try something like that.

At the very least I'd be into a year-long sub. Easier to budget and cheaper than a monthly payment.

3,6 and 12 month subs sounds really reasonable. Whether the billing company will allow it is a different story (I have no idea on that).
The credit system has the problem of Paypal suspending Fakku's account if it becomes a method for pay. Paypal has been known in the past to freeze accounts if they find anything suspicious, that's why Fakku is being really cautious with Paypal.
I'm so sad :( all of my favorite contents have been removed. I was willing to support as long all of the contents remained but that seemed like not the case. It pains me to say this but I will have to say good bye to Fakku in the near future
But I still got my first book I purchased...

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Man that 14+ page thread was quite the read. From ships setting sail to people uncomfortable to seeing fakku on their credit line.

I thought this would be a bust a few months in when fakku books was introduced, but here I am purchasing them + subscription.

A bunch of you lot is raising the death flag on fakku for this but hey I'm going to be real honest here. It's been real successful lately despite what you guys say.

Subscription probably wouldn't have happened if fakku books didn't go well. Doujin artists from jp now have better ways to be recognized here in the west. Hell, the english physical doujins are affordable too. The only other way I can get access to buying certain doujins is through conventions or a second buyer in jp, and even then they were ridicously expensive and a hassle to manage.

Give it time guys, the book collection are growing at a steady pace and the subscription releases are just as good.

Heck if it's too expensive, trust a friend and share an account. That's what my buddy does with mine at least... hopefully jacob is cool with that and won't restrict account access lol.
I was a bit salty at first but after reading all the info about this decision it makes sense. I want to continue supporting FAKKU unfortunately until a different payment option is introduced i cant since i always have a different set of eyes looking at my CC and want my hentai fetishes to be discreet...

I hope this will change in the future...
Tsunetsuki degenerate
Hanayome wrote...
Tsunetsuki wrote...

3,6 and 12 month subs sounds really reasonable. Whether the billing company will allow it is a different story (I have no idea on that).
The credit system has the problem of Paypal suspending Fakku's account if it becomes a method for pay. Paypal has been known in the past to freeze accounts if they find anything suspicious, that's why Fakku is being really cautious with Paypal.

Oh, it doesn't need to go through PayPal. I realize a lot of people have been asking for alternatives to credit cards, but for now it seems like for digital stuff CC and possibly Bitcoin are the best ways to go about it.

I was also curious as to whether the billing company might have problems with that stuff. The first thought I had was that it's not really their business in what manner the services/items are offered, but maybe it is? Hopefully not, seems like there are enough third-parties restricting stuff Fakku can and can't do.
dont like it you guys got rid of a lot of content of which ive bookmarked and go back to part of the reason i started to subscribe