[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

LtCliff FAKKU Ninja
animefreak_usa wrote...
LtCliff wrote...
Quick question regarding doujinshi. Since the material is at times based on licensed content as a fan work, are we allowed to buy those books? I remember reading somewhere that they aren't really supposed to sell them. Authors get away with it at Comiket because content creators feel that it is more publicity for the source material. Can someone confirm if this is how it works? And will we see doujins based off licensed material available on here again in the future? I'm glad I get to support some of my favorite artists, but I also would enjoy a way of getting more of their fan works based off other series.

Yes since the doujinshi circle isn't really making any profits over cost of the printing and table at comiket. That's why the license holders and authors allow them to parody their property. We can't because we will make money off someone own licensed art and be giving the money to the japanese artist. Fakku does or will sell original doujinshi when an artist ask us to.

@Kisuka
Damn. I miss my swag i had to leave.

Thanks for answering my question. ^-^

Is there a way to get these doujins? Or does it only come with venturing out to Comiket?
hgatedc wrote...
Volaverunt wrote...
hgatedc wrote...
Everything has to go. No such thing as half legit. The jap companies wouldnt want it either. Do or die.

You realize that it's exactly what Fakku was for more than a year, don't you?
yeah, so what about now?

nice try

Forgetting and denying the past the past is a sin. Fakku was, even for a transition period, half-legit.
So shut up.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
LtCliff wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
LtCliff wrote...
Quick question regarding doujinshi. Since the material is at times based on licensed content as a fan work, are we allowed to buy those books? I remember reading somewhere that they aren't really supposed to sell them. Authors get away with it at Comiket because content creators feel that it is more publicity for the source material. Can someone confirm if this is how it works? And will we see doujins based off licensed material available on here again in the future? I'm glad I get to support some of my favorite artists, but I also would enjoy a way of getting more of their fan works based off other series.

Yes since the doujinshi circle isn't really making any profits over cost of the printing and table at comiket. That's why the license holders and authors allow them to parody their property. We can't because we will make money off someone own licensed art and be giving the money to the japanese artist. Fakku does or will sell original doujinshi when an artist ask us to.

@Kisuka

Is there a way to get these doujins? Or does it only come with venturing out to Comiket?

Ebay
mandarake
Melonbooks
toranoana

Last two you need a proxy service since they don't ship outside japan. Amazon sometime has some.
LtCliff wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
LtCliff wrote...

@Kisuka

I buy mine from a few sources:
- When going to Japan, I buy from Toranoana, K Books, Melon Books, nagomi, and a few other stores.

- Online I buy from Toranoana and have them shipped to Tenso then shipped to me.

- When at events, I buy from my friends at Hen Da Ne.
LtCliff FAKKU Ninja
Wow. That was way easier than I thought. Not sure why I haven't done this yet. Thanks everyone!
Volaverunt wrote...
hgatedc wrote...
Volaverunt wrote...
hgatedc wrote...
Everything has to go. No such thing as half legit. The jap companies wouldnt want it either. Do or die.

yeah, so what about now?

nice try

Forgetting and denying the past the past is a sin. Fakku was, even for a transition period, half-legit.
So shut up.

lol, and i always thought people started "looking forward" motion.
doesnt matter if it WAS half-legit. the main issue was:
can it stay half-legit.

didnt think about that part, huh?
TummyLover wrote...

How much money are you maken relay? And how much coud make with lower fee that more "frugal" person will be more willing to pay a user Fee. when it seems cheap.at($1.00)

1= $1.00 per month just starting
50= $50.00 per month
100= $100.00 per month a few members
5000= $5,000.00 per month
10000= $10,000.00 per month wow look at that
500,000= $500,000.00 per month
1,000,000= $1,000,000.00 per month something to think about.

Hope you can see what I'm trying to get at, Your site's fans will stands behind you a lot more by not being greedy.

Sry for flameing but this how I feel, about the change.

The fee is 3 dollars per transaction that would mean your chart looks like this:

1= $-2.00 per month just starting
50= $-100.00 per month
100= $-200.00 per month a few members
5000= $-10,000.00 per month
10000= $-20,000.00 per month wow look at that
500,000= $-1,000,000.00 per month
1,000,000= $-2,000,000.00 per month something to think about.

With your scale the people working on this site would never be able to afford the fees at the rate you devised. Not only that but look at the jump in your numbers! There are only a handful of sites with subscribers hitting that last number and none of them are in a niche market like hentai.

Since this is the field I work in let me also inform you on the cost of aquisition. Fakku is an adult site therefore unless it's by word of mouth you're not going to be in the public let alone listed on any search engine unless you type 'hentai' or the name of the site. That means you need to hire someone to advertise for you or set up partnerships with other sites your dealing with. Up until now the cost of acquiring new members has been relatively low because they had a large library of free content, the site no longer has that so I'm willing to bet at their current price it's costing Fakku around 5-7 dollars per subscriber acquisition.

That means added to the fee it costs Fakku 8-10 dollars per first month customer. Then they have to worry about retention. A second month customer means zero cost of aquiring them but that's where you have to factor in retention which in the case of this site comes from keeping content up to date which means from that point forward you have to factor in fees plus what it costs to keep your staff and content. I can't vouche for the company but I'm willing to bet they're paying 3-4 dollars per subscriber per month meaning the take a loss on the first month and pull a profit the second month if they retain the customer. That profit isn't actually profit though because it then goes into paying the staff/overhead.

Putting that all together I'm willing to bet the profit left after all that is MAYBE a few cents to a dollar per customer per month.

Granted once it's established and can either find a third party financier (a person who charges a lower per transaction fee) or reduce the cost of aquisition while increasing retention the price should come down but that's a lot of ifs such as:

If the site will survive
If the can find a new party for transactions
If it remains relevant
If they can increase content thereby increasing value

Until then, swallow the 12.95. I think it's too expensive too but I do know what you are suggesting is site suicide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wVYEL216Rk
see you again...

My good bye to you Fakku, you've been good to me and other free users... But I think it's time for us to leave now. We get it, you're becoming official and even began to get new and rare content from Japan itself... Though at a price, free users who visit and who created accounts just to comment and join in on the community events and such will now be gone... Though some may lurk, I think we will not be returning. The price of losing the free users maybe small but can you grow with what you have now? (Don't answer, I will not be back to see the reply)

P.S Grow and Prosper and if you can do free content again then that will increase your popularity with first time hentai consumers.
hgatedc wrote...
Volaverunt wrote...
hgatedc wrote...
Volaverunt wrote...
hgatedc wrote...

yeah, so what about now?

nice try

So shut up.

lol, and i always thought people started "looking forward" motion.
doesnt matter if it WAS half-legit. the main issue was:
can it stay half-legit.

didnt think about that part, huh?

Then don't say "there's no such hing as half-legit", because that's exactly what Fakku was. Even if it was meant for just a period.
I don't understand people these days. They want something to enjoy but they won't bother to support the artist? What if you don't get more works from them anymore? Just think about it guy , let support them , so dat they can Make more great stuffs and hell!! It's uncensored too. I'm with you Fakku
So it means... "No more Anime Series"?

I want to subscribe on any FAKKU Books, But I don't want to toss a Penny.
I hope I can read more Original Works than nothing to read...
Abbbbbbyuonejflanxieb djfje f fiebc cjenc djd fcudj
Kaimax wrote...
TummyLover wrote...
Hope you can see what I'm trying to get at, Your site's fans will stands behind you a lot more by not being greedy.

By posting that, you just made yourself look much more greedier than Fakku will ever be because you completely ignore Costs and other expenses that Fakku needs to spend to give you each chapter.

Even in the worst case scenario that all these translation are all done by ROBOTS, Fakku still needs to pay for the Electricity Bill.

gotta wonder if this is going to cost fakku in the end anyway

i was planning on subscribing in a few months when i wasn't so broke

not going to happen now though :(. the licensed/original material alone just isn't worth coming here for me.
Hertzfeldt I don't self insert...
Well I'm still pretty new here in Fakku but I did subscribed when I started because I found some interesting genres I like uncensored and that is a big PLUS for me.

I do hope you guys widen your genres too more exotic stuff... *cough* monster *cough* tentacle *cough* Or is that bad here?

I think that would influence other non-subscribers that like other kinky stuff instead of regular old plain sex :P
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Hertzfeldt wrote...
I do hope you guys widen your genres too more exotic stuff... *cough* monster *cough* tentacle *cough* Or is that bad here?

Oh, I'm quite sure both are fine. Monster girls won the recent poll about what people would like to see more of, and the tentacle tag exists and has a couple of stories as well.
I completely support Fakku's decision, and i thought this would happen because of the success of Fakku. Problems for me becoming a subscriber: I'm a woman. I don't read that much doujin, I suspect a lot of women don't. Our hormones encourage us to seek this out less frequently than guys. So $9/month really translates to $9/ up to 5 days use. A monthly commitment doesn't make a lot of sense for me. You might devise a system for impulse shoppers? Day fee? You'll capture more women that way.
Romana FAKKU Letterer
miss-esquire wrote...
I completely support Fakku's decision, and i thought this would happen because of the success of Fakku. Problems for me becoming a subscriber: I'm a woman. I don't read that much doujin, I suspect a lot of women don't. Our hormones encourage us to seek this out less frequently than guys. So $9/month really translates to $9/ up to 5 days use. A monthly commitment doesn't make a lot of sense for me. You might devise a system for impulse shoppers? Day fee? You'll capture more women that way.

I rarely ever use Fakku to release hormonal impulses (woman also with a boyfriend). I genuinely find a lot of hentai manga funny as hell and read it mainly for entertainment. I like you wouldn't vist everyday.

We're still working out stuff with the subscription, but some people do like to skip months. That way next time you subscribe you'll still also have all of the manga you missing from the previous months as well as the current month.

As to Hertzfeldt's question, we have one other Succubus chapter releasing this month. It's unfortunately how rare monster girls are in these magazines, but this month we've been lucky.
Im sry that I have to leave but I wish you guys the best.
Without an paypal option it`s hard from my country to make an sub because we usually don`t use credit cards.

Greetings Kakashi^^
Fakku has ben the best site for me. But I cant afford to leave a trail, with any sort of payment plan. Plus loli is gone and a bunch of others so what do I even fap to? #notworth
Romana FAKKU Letterer
ShikameShuzuku wrote...
Fakku has ben the best site for me. But I cant afford to leave a trail, with any sort of payment plan. Plus loli is gone and a bunch of others so what do I even fap to? #notworth

Loli isn't gone.

Check your settings for controversial content. We've released a number of loli, and have officially released Gomennasai and Henreader, to name a few.

And there are prepaid debit cards you can buy and not have it officially go on any records. We're also soon returning bitcoin payments.