[Locked] Simulpublished Magazines and Content Removal

riggy wrote...
drfakku wrote...
hardly monster girl... more close to nekomimi with horns or succubus thing, judging from the cover at least

Yeah... succubi count and have been tagged under Monster Girl in the past. This is more about the removal of the tag from the whole site.

simply because there wasnt a tag for succubus before, it isnt the same thing as monster girl definitely.
BitNdragon More Than A God
So around when can we expect to see the first magazine uploads?
Renauld wrote...
How were these names decided upon? Was there any formal discussion for this presentation? Will there be any formal communication with the artists as to the romanization/transliteration of their names? As in, is this list simply a demonstration, as I hope it is, or are these the names that will be used? For example, you have E-muse Aki and E-musu Aki. Then there's the mysterious artist known as "Translated". There are other suspect names, but I'll leave it at that.

We speak directly with the artists about the proper way to romanize their names. If we release something it is 100% definitive that it is the proper English name directly from the artist. As an example, "pyon-Kti" recently changed his English name to "Pyon-Kti" and requested we start using that from now on (it will first appear that way on an upcoming poster).
So no more free hentai?
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
So when can I start throwing my money?
Also, are download versions going to be available?
12/2015: Removal of unlicensed doujinshi content

Seriously? Take your fucking time why don't you. Why can they be removed in a month, afraid your userbase will crumble if they're not coming here for content you don't own yet still profit tremendously from?
I'm ok with paying money to support Fakku and the artists. However, that is on the sole condition that Fakku will be publishing controversial stuff like lolicon. If any artists or genres are being excluded, censored, ostracised etc., it's definitely not something I will support.
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
B1rd_of_H3rmes wrote...
I'm ok with paying money to support Fakku and the artists. However, that is on the sole condition that Fakku will be publishing controversial stuff like lolicon. If any artists or genres are being excluded, censored, ostracised etc., it's definitely not something I will support.

Jacob addresses this near the beginning of the podcast with ANN.
TL;DL: They will publish loli and their lawyer has stated that it is legal.
Hanayome wrote...
B1rd_of_H3rmes wrote...

But then again it's a non-issue, X-eros and Kairakuten feature some of the most well known hentai artists but the magazines enforce very run of the mill material. Bosshi is known as one of the premiere futa artists for example but there's never futa in those magazines. Some netorare/rape is about as controversial as it gets for these magazines, loli is almost non-existent.

Okay there's incest if you go by the stupid definition of 'controversial' used here.
What about previous X-Eros volumes? Will you also publish those? How about content downloads? I don't care if it has prehistoric DRM as long as i can have the content on my HDD. I'm not a fan of streaming stuff and i'm sure most people here aren't either.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
As somebody previously asked, is there any way you can let us in on the payment plan for it?
Will it be a pay to use the site kinda deal? Or free to use the forums, but must pay to view magazines and content?
If you do go down the crunchyroll route, monthly subscriptions or one off payment?

I understand that's probably to be announced later, just thought I'd ask anyway, lel

This sounds pretty good. Will be good to see how you change things, and make the transition.
Just make sure you let everybody know what's happening, so they don't come up with the conspiracy theories of you running off with their money. Keeping the userbase in the know will keep them off your ass, and mean you'll have to do less explaining.

Either way, as said, keen to see how the site evolves from here.
Good luck
wavedashh FAKKU Editor
Dynellen wrote...
Hanayome wrote...
B1rd_of_H3rmes wrote...

But then again it's a non-issue, X-eros and Kairakuten feature some of the most well known hentai artists but the magazines enforce very run of the mill material. Bosshi is known as one of the premiere futa artists for example but there's never futa in those magazines. Some netorare/rape is about as controversial as it gets for these magazines, loli is almost non-existent.

Okay there's incest if you go by the stupid definition of 'controversial' used here.
Quantity of loli is irrelevant. If FAKKU publishes one page of loli (hint: Hanafuda and NTRĀ²), there's nothing stopping them from doing more than one page of loli.

And you don't really get much more controversial than loli in the US.
Thanks for clarifying, can't say that I am pleased that Fakku is yanking all unlicensed content (that we will probably never see again) though, even less pleased that you started by yanking incest. I cautiously look forward to see what will happen.
Renauld wrote...
Jacob wrote...
We will be translating and releasing both magazines in their entirety, resulting in over 40 chapters and 1000 pages of new content each month with chapters uploaded daily. A more in-depth official announcement will go live in the next couple of weeks where I will go into full detail about what we'll be doing and what you can expect.

Although you'll answer more in-depth later, I have some questions that I think are relevant for future considerations.

Currently, the magazine chapters have been provided as a "freebie" for people who have purchased a book in the form of online viewing. I assume this will not be the case in the future. Regarding this, how will they will be sold? Will each individual chapter be sold for $1, seeing as how the current manga sell for $20 and there are around 20 works in each issue? Perhaps there will be a premium for buying individual chapters as opposed to pre-ordering the entire magazine?

Most questions about payment and cost I'll be saving for the official announcement. But I can tell you that we will not be selling chapters individually, that would result in some artists being favored over others and a lot of new artists going unread that deserve to be noticed. There will most likely be a subscription added to the website, both Comic Kairakuten and Comic X-Eros will be bundled into it along with any other magazines we add in the future.
Dynellen wrote...
Hanayome wrote...

I hope he follows through with what he said. I'm not interested in run of the mill hentai (and I know a lot of people here aren't either), if he's not going to expand outside of those two magazines I wouldn't pay not just because I don't think it's fair to exclude different artists and genres, but simply because I'm not interested in the content. So I'd like to ask Jacob if he is going to publish more than those magazines and make sure there is a variety of content, including controversial content.
So currently Jacob is refusing to answer genuine questions, cherry-picking the easier ones to answer, and is removing virtually all content from this site. Meanwhile, they've only really gone through the tags and popular artists, with the older loli, incest, and monstergirl still being up for grabs, as I'm sure some of the other users have realized.I get that Fakku wants money, but the point stands that I come to Fakku because I don't have any money. I would have bought one of the crappy books that has been lodged in my throat the past few months and reminded me every time I come here to relax that I can't afford a single one. Since Fakku seems to want to go towards a payed site... Well, for lack of a better term: It can go fuck itself.To really get to the meat of my opinion of this whole thing... Pururin is still free, and if this site wants to get rid of all that it's given me, I won't give it a single look back.
BitNdragon wrote...
So around when can we expect to see the first magazine uploads?

Soon. We're working out some final logistics to make it possible, the chapters we've been releasing are directly part of the service.

Renauld wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Most questions about payment and cost I'll be saving for the official announcement. But I can tell you that we will not be selling chapters individually, that would result in some artists being favored over others and a lot of new artists going unread that deserve to be noticed. There will most likely be a subscription added to the website, both Comic Kairakuten and Comic X-Eros will be bundled into it along with any other magazines we add in the future.

One last question then.
Do you know if subscription will be "all-access" or "current month"?
As in, access to everything magazine related or the current month of magazine releases?

The subscription would have access to every single magazine we release (and all their chapters). That's one thing I really dislike about the Viz simulpub of Shonen Jump (http://shonenjump.viz.com/), you can't read previously released issues without paying for them.
Dynellen wrote...
Hanayome wrote...
B1rd_of_H3rmes wrote...

But then again it's a non-issue, X-eros and Kairakuten feature some of the most well known hentai artists but the magazines enforce very run of the mill material. Bosshi is known as one of the premiere futa artists for example but there's never futa in those magazines. Some netorare/rape is about as controversial as it gets for these magazines, loli is almost non-existent.Okay there's incest if you go by the stupid definition of 'controversial' used here.

There's a good deal of loli in X-Eros. Check issue 28, there's 4 chapters. Not to mention there are artists on that list that exclusively draw loli, like Gomennasai. Granted, you're not going to see something like faith' Eroguro in there, but X-Eros is hardly devoid of more hardcore stuff.
Hi Jacob. I'd like to ask: Are there going to be uncensored versions of the magazines released in Japanese as well?
So let me see if I can get this straight. Fakku - a site that has been running free for 8 years now, is - in the span of about a month - going to completely transition into a premium site. Now that might not be the biggest deal in the world if that meant that we would have to pay, but still have access to everything the site has to offer. But not only do we have to pay to have access to the site, we have to pay to have access to the EXTREMELY decreased content, and on top of that, content that only updates a few times a month. This is the internet, the mass majority of users on sites such as these are only interested if they can get it for free.

I can understand trying to do more with the site and trying to grow it, and as a user who doesn't care to pay for stuff that can be found for free elsewhere I'm cool with changing sites no problem, no love lost. However on a business standpoint, alienating the majority of your users, seemingly intentionally diverting webtraffic away from your site, and creating a premium product that can easily be re-distributed on non-premium sites is beyond me as to how this seemed like a good idea. Especially considering the sudden-ness of these announcements and lack of transparency this group has shown. As an consumer, even if I was willing to pay for content, I'd still take my money else-where.

Now I'm just a no-body who only made an account to bypass the content filter, but that's just my opinion on this whole thing. Sorry if I was mistaken about something in this post.