Homosexuals

Pages Prev123456

Homosexuality

Total Votes : 79
PersonDude wrote...
Rbz wrote...
it's still understandable why this isn't right or "frowned upon" because the kid's underdeveloped.

You say it should be frowned upon just because underdevelopment (and I took it as physical appearance and biological immaturity).

Just to clarify, I never said it should be frowned upon, it's just that I tried to take into account other reasonable justifications, hence why I say "understandable."

PersonDude wrote...
if children suddenly had the capability to understand the situation.

The only reason, it seems to me, why we distinguish between adult and minor is because we assume that until they are labeled an adult, kids are dumb, impressionable, not mature enough to make important decisions, etc. If we assume that the child was mentally an adult, then I don't give a fuck what they do. Generally, I don't care what consenting adults are doing to each other, I just don't want to know about it. Sure, I'll have that knee-jerk reaction of disgust that's been ingrained in me by the culture (like I do with mother-son incest), but intellectually, I understand there's nothing wrong happening here.
IMO the U.S. is what I'd like to call "veiled" homophobic. Basically, very homophobic in general, but puts on a smiley face and pretends not to be.
cgronin wrote...
IMO the U.S. is what I'd like to call "veiled" homophobic. Basically, very homophobic in general, but puts on a smiley face and pretends not to be.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I say it sounds more like you don't like homosexuality but you still act nice to homosexuals. There is nothing wrong with that.
GracefulDiscension. wrote...
Homosexuality is perfectly fine in my eyes. The only people that have problems with homos are religious fanatics and they are declining =]

This.

Spoiler:
It's also fine since they do no harm :)
neko-chan wrote...
cgronin wrote...

I don't want to put words in your mouth but I say it sounds more like you don't like homosexuality but you still act nice to homosexuals. There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not particurally liking homosexuality, but disliking homosexuals just because is a little.....I dunno. It feels wrong to dislike someone based off their (non-harmful) sexuality. Even if you pretend otherwise.
You don't have to dislike someone to dislike what they do. It is like that old saying, hate the sin not the sinner. If their "habit" makes you uncomfortable, it a commendable thing to act poliet and respectable and even befriend them dispite your reservations in my opinion.
Pages Prev123456