Why is it hard...to talk to a girl?

Pages Prev1234
I've never had problems talking to girls.
If the conversation just doesn't flow and it's that awkward...I'd veer more towards there just being no chemistry than some ineptitude on your part.

So...move on until you find someone you can comfortable have a conversation with.

Also, old op is old .-.
Well I gotta be honest about this so here's my story:
Spoiler:
I never really had trouble talking to girls but I have a strong phobia of getting into a relationship. No its not because I'm afraid of being heartbroken but It was during high school when I was 15. I befriended a girl in one of my extra classes( which was only to last for a couple of weeks)who had a crush on one of my friends who was bad with women.Obviously I did my best to get them together hoping that it would make my friend umm...less gloomy. There I kept on telling her his good sides and sometimes his bad sides(in a good way of course).

Right when things were going well. That girl caught me off guard and suddenly confessed to me and that she liked how supportive,naive and happy go lucky I was and that she wanted me to come with her to our prom before going to her class. I tried to laugh it off but the shock and trauma was just unexplainable that I was unable to sleep that night I mean I never had any feelings for her and they were the one that who were supposed to end up together not us. After that my body just froze whenever I see her and that I cannot help but hide. I was unable to take her to the prom as I was supposed to and just hid somewhere feeling like an ass.

And from that time I never had the guts to face or talk to her again. Yeah I was one hell of a jerk back then, although I wish I had just nicely turned her down instead. And now because of that experience I developed a phobia for falling in love(with real girls, anime is just fine) which is a real pain considering that quite a lot of girls end up crushing on me (2 during elementary,3 on high school, even more in college who are attracted to my eccentric personality). Heck even my cousin who is the same age as me and has had 4 girlfriends keep on asking why I avoid getting into a relationship. Not having someone kinda makes me feel alone and lonely(My little brothers and sister drive me crazy while my parents just treat me like a tool to give them a better life and never really felt any love from them) considering that all my current friends have girlfriends sigh..
Drifter995 Neko//Night
I don't like prolonged eye contact. shit's awkward..
Girls are really clueless. Even if you talk about random crap just to start a conversation, they won't find it awkward since they're so oblivious anyways. Unless you're talking to a smart girl, then you gotta act smarter than her to catch her attention. Love is a battlefield; there are infinite possibilities of stratagems to win.
Anything is hard and awkward if you're a beginner. Playing an instrument, riding a bike, going to the gym, martial arts, dancing...

You just need to practice diligently and consistently to build the skill. Once you acquired the skill, it becomes second nature and effortless.

It wasn't too long ago that I discovered...the vast majority of people don't have what it takes to practice something consistently and diligently in order to master the skill.

It was a wonderful discovery because if I put in the effort to keep practicing diligently, I will come out on top and get what I want. All you gotta do is give up the instant gratification for the long term payoff.
Uncharted territory is hard to navigate. That's it. Generally speaking, guys kick their own ass by either committing to too few options or freaking out over too many.

That being said, the formulaic approach to speaking with women takes out a lot of the earnest fun in wandering aimlessly through a sea of emotions.
Chocobophobia wrote...
Girls are really clueless. Even if you talk about random crap just to start a conversation, they won't find it awkward since they're so oblivious anyways. Unless you're talking to a smart girl, then you gotta act smarter than her to catch her attention. Love is a battlefield; there are infinite possibilities of stratagems to win.

Wow, thanks.

Guys usually have a higher tendency to think that girls like them just from small hints and signals. Even from the smallest things like smiling. But girls also do this, just not as often. So we aren't really that oblivious.

It's so weird since from the POV of girls, their idea of a guy is exactly what you just posted except for that last part. We all think guys are clueless. ( - ಠˇ ౪ˇಠ -)
sinderella wrote...
Chocobophobia wrote...

Wow, thanks.

Guys usually have a higher tendency to think that girls like them just from small hints and signals. Even from the smallest things like smiling. But girls also do this, just not as often. So we aren't really that oblivious.

It's so weird since from the POV of girls, their idea of a guy is exactly what you just posted except for that last part. We all think guys are clueless. ( - ಠˇ ౪ˇಠ -)

Yeah! There are guys who get attracted from little hints. The problem is, the girl expects you to be clueless. But when you're really not, they'll just think you're peculiar.
Girls talk to me so I never had problems having conversations. Kinda annoying considering I like studying and listening to music in peace. The reason people find it hard is because they never listen to what they are actually saying.

They also like funny stuff. I'm the type of person that tends to be unintentionally funny, so I guess that helps my cause. I usually say or do something that really makes them laugh even thought I don't find it funny myself.
I have no problems generally talking with girls, but when it comes to the ones i really like and want to get know better (getting there phone number or hang out with for example). I begin to overthink things and it seriously pisses me off to no friggin' end.
RukaMilda wrote...
Well I gotta be honest about this so here's my story:
Spoiler:
I never really had trouble talking to girls but I have a strong phobia of getting into a relationship. No its not because I'm afraid of being heartbroken but It was during high school when I was 15. I befriended a girl in one of my extra classes( which was only to last for a couple of weeks)who had a crush on one of my friends who was bad with women.Obviously I did my best to get them together hoping that it would make my friend umm...less gloomy. There I kept on telling her his good sides and sometimes his bad sides(in a good way of course).

Right when things were going well. That girl caught me off guard and suddenly confessed to me and that she liked how supportive,naive and happy go lucky I was and that she wanted me to come with her to our prom before going to her class. I tried to laugh it off but the shock and trauma was just unexplainable that I was unable to sleep that night I mean I never had any feelings for her and they were the one that who were supposed to end up together not us. After that my body just froze whenever I see her and that I cannot help but hide. I was unable to take her to the prom as I was supposed to and just hid somewhere feeling like an ass.

And from that time I never had the guts to face or talk to her again. Yeah I was one hell of a jerk back then, although I wish I had just nicely turned her down instead. And now because of that experience I developed a phobia for falling in love(with real girls, anime is just fine) which is a real pain considering that quite a lot of girls end up crushing on me (2 during elementary,3 on high school, even more in college who are attracted to my eccentric personality). Heck even my cousin who is the same age as me and has had 4 girlfriends keep on asking why I avoid getting into a relationship. Not having someone kinda makes me feel alone and lonely(My little brothers and sister drive me crazy while my parents just treat me like a tool to give them a better life and never really felt any love from them) considering that all my current friends have girlfriends sigh..

Wow, that story was chilling. I am kind'a afraid of getting into relationship too. I really don't know why, maybe because my expreince with women (ones I liked) wasn't so nice. But you have to think differently - there is nothing wrong with relationships. We are social creatures and we are meant to get along with the other sex. Nature is with us I guess.
I only really have a problem talking to a girl when there is a group, unless it's a really good friend of mine, than I can talk to her whenever
Pages Prev1234