What's that carbonated beverage sold in vending machines?

What's that carbonated beverage sold in vending machines called?

Total Votes : 3,523
It's pop here in Ohio. Also, there have been surveys about this.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/popvssodamap.gif
Higufuuindo The Enlightened
Here in Finland it's called 'limsa'.
Never really thought about that... (-_-)
But here we call them Soft-Drinks... It also depends...
I usually either call it soda, or call it by the specific brand and flavor I intend to drink.
For me the answer is F:All the above. I've lived enough places and talked to folks from even more places and because of that I have used all the above names for such beverages at some point or other.
objecterror wrote...
I don't know if this is specifically regional to a particular part of the coast, but, folks in california call it "pop". Same with northerners (PA, NY)

Speak for yourself, silly. Everyone that I know calls it soda and I've lived in California my whole life.
Grape drink!
soft-drink applies to everything on there.
Ramune, nuff said....
I'm from Colorado and we just call it pop.
Carbonated Drinks. Either carbonated water, or Sierra Mist. US.
Locally here in the Midwest we call it pop. Though I say both soda and pop.
I just realized how many names there are..... Soda.
I live in California, and since living here for almost my whole life, I've noticed the majority of people here tend to say "soda". Though, when I visit family in Iowa, they tend to call it "pop".

Also, when I lived in Australia and New Zealand for almost two years, I noticed the majority of people there call it "fizzy/fizzys" or "fizzy drinks".
its called "carbonated sugar water sold at 10,000% profit"
Well... technically HFCS not sugar
me and my gf says soda but my friends say other
I just call it Dr.Pepper.

Yes, I don't drink anything other than Dr.Pepper. Why?

Dr.Pepper makes the world taste better, bitch.
I call it soda. Maybe sometimes, carbonated beverage that I will ingest on a hot day or because I am thirsty.
I call it soda, but it does vary from place to place.
Big-city people call it "läsk" in sweden. Most others call it "dricka" since that's what it was called originally which means drink. So we literly say 'I wanna drink drink'. And I guess some language snob didn't like that at some point in time.

People who say "läsk" are usually thought of as brats by the "dricka" crowd while the "läsk" people just doesn't understand wtf is going on when someone says they want a "dricka"