What's your preferred writing utensil?

What's your preferred writing utensil?

Total Votes : 4,035
I gotta say, ball point is my favorite. It just flows so much easier, though really light, hard lead pencils are also good
Capchan wrote...
Only a FOOL wouldn't say finger paint.

Exactly I mean people (or horses) would be lying if they picked anything else
Finger paint is clearly over 9000!!!
Mechanical pencil!!!ftw!!!
I voted regular pencils, since I didn't see Keyboard in the options.
I like everything to be erasable/reversible so mechanical pencil for me.
mech pencil is the best i always take it with me, ever since.
i use it for draw, write, and even poke someone eyes.
i like these ones, i dont know their name but ill just show a pic

Forum Image: http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bic_cristal_ballpoint_pent.jpg
Regular pencil for me. Seriously, I don't even know why but I have a real distaste for mechanical pencil. Why is that? Guess I just think the most classical, original stuffs is the best kind.
I use mechanical pencils for writing and drawing but I really do prefer fountain pens because there so fun to use.
Ballpoint Pen. I like this soft feeling when I'm writing lol
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
I mostly use mechanical pencils, but I like my fountain pen as well.
I like using mechanical pencils but my hands sweats a lot during this time of the season so I use ballpoint pens instead. I pretty much change what I use as the seasons change too.
I used to think mechanical pencils were silly, but then I brought one and it became my writing implement of choice.
For me it depends on what I am doing. If I am doing say math I am a pencil type a guy but when I'm just drawing or writing for fun I like fine tip pens.
Well for writing I prefer Mechanical.
But it is a problem for me when drawing since the lines... idkkk.
I do machanical pencils for most of my time i draw and write. It grew as a pet peeve to have a mech.pen cause i can't grip wooden right (no homo)... as it continued i find that i use 0.5 lead often for clean sketches and i write small...
Ballpoint, but not cuz i don't use the others, but cuz i use it more.
I've come to prefer mechanical pencil to regualr pencils in the last few years. Perhaps my favorite mech pencil is the Tyconderoga(I know I misspelled it :P )sencematic because it automatically refreshes the lead(I'm lazy), and because many of the other types tend to have lousy mechs that either won't give you lead for like 4 clicks, will fake you into thinking there is lead(but when you go to write it retracts in to the barrel), or will dump like an inch of lead when the button is pressed which has caused me to destroy my pencils in rage on a number of occasions.

I dislike pens for two reasons. One you can't erase them as easily as pencil(and I often make mistakes when writing). Two I don't like how easily a pen slides(it usually makes me make more mistakes when writing). Unless I'm writing something that needs to be in pen I go for a pencil.

I've used nearly all the other methods at some point and while some are fun I find most of them to be inconvient when speed and accuracy are important.
Pilot V5 .5mm black rollerball. I will never use anything else.
derp...the "I don't write on paper, I print on it" Keyboard only lifestyle should be represented. :P