The "Last Game You Dropped" Thread

Medzy wrote...
GiantBeardedFace wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl- Another case of I just stopped playing.

You must finish that game! It's one of my all time favourite PC games, and the endings are some of the most interesting I have seen in any game.

If it the gameplay feels too sluggish for you then you should use a remastering mod.

Hahaha, I actually put the re-mastering mod on before I even started the game. The reason I stopped playing was because I found other games that I wanted to play more.

I see, well it's a shame. I do admit however that the game is not for everyone; one has to find the general atmosphere in it to be interesting I believe.

I want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R; never got around to it. One of my favorite games that I've heard is quite like S.T.A.L.K.E.R is Metro 2033; so excited for Last Light coming out this month.

Speaking of Metro 2033, I may or may not have dropped it recently. (´●ω●ï½€)

You should pick it back up.
Medzy wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...

You must finish that game! It's one of my all time favourite PC games, and the endings are some of the most interesting I have seen in any game.

If it the gameplay feels too sluggish for you then you should use a remastering mod.

Hahaha, I actually put the re-mastering mod on before I even started the game. The reason I stopped playing was because I found other games that I wanted to play more.

I see, well it's a shame. I do admit however that the game is not for everyone; one has to find the general atmosphere in it to be interesting I believe.

I want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R; never got around to it. One of my favorite games that I've heard is quite like S.T.A.L.K.E.R is Metro 2033; so excited for Last Light coming out this month.

I'm at that stealth scene with the Nazi's and the Reds, I keep getting spotted and I'm not sure on where to go, or how to go somewhere without being spotted.
Also, everything became easier when I upgraded the Pistol and the Double Barrel Shotgun. It's just the one scene I can't get past, just because I don't know where to progress though the level.
Medzy wrote...
Medzy wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...

I'm at that stealth scene with the Nazi's and the Reds, I keep getting spotted and I'm not sure on where to go, or how to go somewhere without being spotted.
Also, everything became easier when I upgraded the Pistol and the Double Barrel Shotgun. It's just the one scene I can't get past, just because I don't know where to progress though the level.

I can PM you some tips if you want; that level is hard at first, but after learning how to get through it's easy.
Medzy wrote...
Medzy wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...

I can PM you some tips if you want; that level is hard at first, but after learning how to get through it's easy.

Thanks for the consideration, but I'm probably gonna wait a week or so, and then look up a guide, or a playthough, or something and watch somebody do it, and then I'll another try.
Little big planet on the psp, it bored me.
When i played the Ps3 version it was okay.
Need for Speed: Carbon, Drift Races fucking sucked.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (GC version), Memory card got corrupted at the 3rd blacklist stage. Wasn't about to go through that shit again.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I just couldn't grind memories for 6 characters anymore.

And yes, these are my most recent. As in, a month ago.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The boss fights are nearly impossible on the highest level with this terrible leveldesign. Who would let you fight against the hardest enemy in a open room in a sneak n' hide game witch such a terrible control^^
Saints row the third - don't get me wrong the game is amazing, There is just too much stuff to do I no longer have time for. One day I will return amd shoot stuff with a tank.
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...
Ippon wrote...
sandrock62 wrote...

Well, the atmospheres are similar in the 2 games.
STALKER is more sandboxy, and more focused on survival and adventuring.
Lots of interesting places to explore: burnt out military bases, laboratories and of course the infamous nuclear power plant in Pripyat; all with their own dangers such as bandits, radiation, anomalies and military raids (they are bad guys in this game). If you're in to the idea of urban exploration then this game is for you as it definitely gets the feeling right.
It also has better gun mechanics if you ask me, a bit more realistic.
The storyline is just as good as Metro's.

The game is a bit old though, so for anyone who does decide to play it keep that in mind. It would also be highly adviced to use a popular vanilla-friendly remaster mod. EDIT: "STALKER Complete 2012" is the one you'd want.

I personally found Metro 2033 to be way too linear, but apparently they are doing something about that in last light so I'm looking forward to that game.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
CBRX wrote...
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The boss fights are nearly impossible on the highest level with this terrible leveldesign. Who would let you fight against the hardest enemy in a open room in a sneak n' hide game witch such a terrible control^^

Learn to XP farm, or allocate your items/praxis better. :P

But in all honesty, yes, that was a criticized point of the game, by fans and reviewers alike, that you HAD to go full force against the bosses even if you prioritized a stealth pacifist build. They tried to rectify that with The Missing Link.
artcellrox wrote...

I think this would have been the solution^^

To be honest, I just played it because I had nothing else to do so I'm pretty sure I've missed about 60% of all possibilities to get some extra XP :)
I had some problems with the games inaccurate aiming, 'cause I normally play quick-move shooter like CS:S. I'm pretty sure that I would have lost even with a better praxistree ;)
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
CBRX wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

To be honest, I just played it because I had nothing else to do so I'm pretty sure I've missed about 60% of all possibilities to get some extra XP :)
I had some problems with the games inaccurate aiming, 'cause I normally play quick-move shooter like CS:S. I'm pretty sure that I would have lost even with a better praxistree ;)

Yes, there are upgrades to reduce recoil and reticule expanding when moving in the Praxis upgrades, so yeah, you can go for those first if you like aiming more. Plus, there's no reticule when shooting from the hip in the hardest difficulty.
artcellrox wrote...
CBRX wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

Yes, there are upgrades to reduce recoil and reticule expanding when moving in the Praxis upgrades, so yeah, you can go for those first if you like aiming more. Plus, there's no reticule when shooting from the hip in the hardest difficulty.

I think I should just try it again someday, it definitely is a very hard game if you play it inattentive like me =D
echoeagle3 Oppai Overlord
I am curious to see if anybody is going to rage at me for this.

the last game I dropped was Dark Souls. No it wasn't a rage quit cuz of the difficulty or anything like that. I just didn't like how the game was setup. There seemed to be little to no story, which really hurts a game and can make it boring. there was no sense of direction, like the whole time I was playing it I found myself saying, so what the fuck do I do now? The combat also seemed pretty slow and that kind of made things a little dull.
ummm Disgaea 4, I bought it 6 months back, and never really did anything with it, but I got back into it and finished it 1-2 months ago.
not be revelant but I DID DROP Cod mw3 because in multiplayer about 70% of the time I die in when I meet an enemy facing towards you. But it turns out that the game somehow was running the gameplay about a few seconds faster than everyone (I found out when I bought new computer so basically I got pissed and I'm not even sure why it was doing that.) The few seconds made a difference from being the worst guy in the match to being like in the average and ocassionally the top 2 in a match. Main reason i dropped at first, u get 5 custom class unlike mw2 u auto start with 10 custom. mw3, to get more custom classes you needed to lvl up your prestige which was a fuckin pain in the butt when I needed to lvl up my weapons all over again and it wasn't worth resetting th account to basic for lvl up in prestige. But I picked up after getting a new computer.
Dota - not sure if this counts
Started as a noob , now i am a mega noob. Tried playing against AI but miserably failed. There you go mega noob. But I play LoL much better but I pretty much go solo queue and end up losing... Basically I'm in bronze 4 which is depressing.
Starcraft 2- this one is a maybe
Starcraft 1 I play really well I usually go as Protoss and spam zealots with speed upgrade and dragoons practically 24 zealots were enough to wipe out the bases. In 2, I have not gone to multiplayer yet but in custom games with AI I'm such a noob and take 40-120minutes to win 1v1 - 4v4 AI game (I'm one of those people who likes to build a fuckin big army and make sure that I have a high chance at victory)
Tf2 - not because it's bad but because I played so much that I got bored of it.

I think of myself as a mega noob in all games. There probably not going to be game for me to be awesome at.
Injustice Gods Among Us...sold my copy and sticked with the free iphone app which is more fun and casual.
kenjiharima wrote...
Injustice Gods Among Us...sold my copy and sticked with the free iphone app which is more fun and casual.

I haven't heard anything about the iPhone version, but I heard that in the console versions, there are some infinite combos.
Also, MK 9 (which is made by the same studio) wasn't a very good fighter (in my mind).
Ippon wrote...
Final Fantasy VII on my cell (yes I'm that guy who played VIII first and didn't bother getting into VII) - felt too immature, a game for emo kids if I ever saw one (inb4 hate)

> Drops FF7
> Too immature, for emo kids
> Finished FF8
What?

w34km1nd3d wrote...
Cross Edge, Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe...

Why would you punish yourself so?

echoeagle3 wrote...
the last game I dropped was Dark Souls. No it wasn't a rage quit cuz of the difficulty or anything like that. I just didn't like how the game was setup. There seemed to be little to no story, which really hurts a game and can make it boring. there was no sense of direction, like the whole time I was playing it I found myself saying, so what the fuck do I do now?

Welcome to the world of (some) Metroidvanias.

OT, I dropped Baroque. The good atmosphere and figuring out the story aren't good enough reasons to compel me to play it, after realizing what a repetitive dungeon hack it was. Playing Shiren was enough as it was. Thankfully, there's Youtube.
ZeroOBK wrote...
Ippon wrote...
Final Fantasy VII on my cell (yes I'm that guy who played VIII first and didn't bother getting into VII) - felt too immature, a game for emo kids if I ever saw one (inb4 hate)

> Drops FF7
> Too immature, for emo kids
> Finished FF8
What?

Another insulted fanboy. Consider that I played FF8 in my teens. Those games are catered towards teenagers like it or fucking not. Time to grow up man.

Look I really don't wanna get into a debate over which FF game is better than which cause I could honestly care less about this series. The very notion of doing so makes me nauseous.

Rose-tinted goggles and bias. That's all I'm gonna say.