Have you seen Pacific Rim?

Have you seen Pacific Rim?

Total Votes : 4,121
chaofan wrote...
Americans trying to do a Kaiju movie? That never bodes well. If anyone needs an example of them royally screwing up a Kaiju movie then go back to the 90s Godzilla movie. Not even going to attempt to watch Pacific Rim.

And if anyone needs an example of them not screwing it up watch Pacific Rim.

It's fine to not watch a movie, but giving it no chance to be good just because people have screwed up in the past is silly. That'd be like saying people shouldn't watch the Avengers because Batman and Robin happened...
Ill watch it, but since no money for theater, Ill wait for the Blu-ray.
Del Toro, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, and giant robots? Hell yeah! This is probably the closest America will ever get to a live action adaption of any mecha anime.
Haven't seen it yet unfortunately but I'm sure I will get around to seeing it eventually.
I really enjoyed the movie and when it was over I just wanted to watch some Gundam.
That movie was everything I had hoped for and more. I would see it a thousand more times if I could.
It had amazing action scenes, Kaijuu and Jaeger designs, and an above average soundtrack. The actors... most of them were bland, though one or two were pretty memorable. Dialogue - could've used a lot of work.

Did I mention the amazing actions scenes?

But overall, I have to say that is was just 'good'.
It reminded me of Evangelion a lot. It was better than I expected but not as good as I could have hoped
Mehh.. It could have been better..
Here are my well thought-out and complex thoughts on the movie.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGIANTROBOTSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
ReinAbel wrote...
segadethx wrote...
I hear the movie was GOOD. Not FANTASITIC, but GOOD. SO if it IS a good movie, we're one step closer to getting a good Neon Genesis Evangelion movie in Real life.

Sir, I think it was a Good borderline Great movie for starters,

and I also agree we are close,

but if you see this movie you will also know that we are close Evangelion, Gundams, and damned well close to Mass Effect. Cuz those tech suits are pretty freakin close. Also with that new movie Elysium coming out. I have absolutely no doubt.

I'm glad to know i wasn't the only one who saw those anime in it. My friend was getting pissed at me specifically on the evangelion part haha
FlareKnight wrote...
chaofan wrote...
Americans trying to do a Kaiju movie? That never bodes well. If anyone needs an example of them royally screwing up a Kaiju movie then go back to the 90s Godzilla movie. Not even going to attempt to watch Pacific Rim.

And if anyone needs an example of them not screwing it up watch Pacific Rim.

It's fine to not watch a movie, but giving it no chance to be good just because people have screwed up in the past is silly. That'd be like saying people shouldn't watch the Avengers because Batman and Robin happened...

I agree. I was skeptical as well, but America got my kudos for this Kaiju movie. And it's a great movie to watch with friends! My fave part was Checkin' it's heart beat!' XD
And the Gipsy Danger's head is screwed on. Gurren Lagann?
Hell Girl wrote...
ReinAbel wrote...
segadethx wrote...
I hear the movie was GOOD. Not FANTASITIC, but GOOD. SO if it IS a good movie, we're one step closer to getting a good Neon Genesis Evangelion movie in Real life.

Sir, I think it was a Good borderline Great movie for starters,

and I also agree we are close,

but if you see this movie you will also know that we are close Evangelion, Gundams, and damned well close to Mass Effect. Cuz those tech suits are pretty freakin close. Also with that new movie Elysium coming out. I have absolutely no doubt.

I'm glad to know i wasn't the only one who saw those anime in it. My friend was getting pissed at me specifically on the evangelion part haha

Hell, I'm glad to see someone else agrees!

This might be an something to look forward to in America..if they get them right. Kinda skeptical but with the way things are going, it look likes things can go pretty well. Especially considering the past with Anime and Kaiju movies alike...

I'm kind of excited! :D
I haven't seen it and probably won't anytime soon; I hear to get into movie theaters these days you have to have this thing called "money"...
Planning on watching it next weekend. I don't know what to expect but the idea of gundam-like robots makes me feel like a kid again xD
section8magnet Pervert for Life.
I have more of an interest in seeing Godzilla in 2014.
I absolutely loved it. Definitely reminiscent of the good times with Gundam and Evangelion.
Its a movie... Based upon giant robots and aliens *Head explodes*
Me and my friends went to the theaters aiming to watch Wolverine but it was packed and there was no room for us. So we decided to watch Pacific Rim which started nearly at the same time, we just walked in and sat down. Once the previews started we realized that all the other audiences were wearing glasses, turns out it was imax 3d it boy it was freaking amazing!!!