Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Sharknado
1/10
Thought it would be bad enough that I could laugh my way through it but it was worse than expected and I just died of boredom instead. 0/10 for effort.
Tangled: Really liked it. The animation was really fluid and Flynn Rider (male protagonist) along with the horse and chameleon were just hilarious. Maybe it has been too long since I've watched a Disney movie, but still a great watch. 9/10

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://goodmoviesforkids.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tangled_poster_c.jpg
Bright Star
8/10
I'd compare it to the romance of Sense and Sensibility with a touch and a squeeze of Becoming Jane. The emotional torment really came through with the acting.
Morning glory - 8/10

Pretty decent for a chick flick.

Rise of the Guardians - 10/10

A high score for a kid's movie.
Well made, I can say, in terms of graphics and heartwarming storyline.
the movie clerks which I give a 9/10 for being funny and a good classic
Last Holiday.

8/10

Great cast. Great humor, and smug-ass rich people got to get knocked down a peg. I love LL Cool J in this movie. My only gripe is that the plump black lady protagonist keeps going on and on about God this and God that. I didn't realize Tyler Perry wrote this movie.
Wolf of Wall Street-9/10 holy shit balls it was crazy and amazing
47 Ronin 6/10
Visually stunning and Keanu Reeves was bearable since he rarely spoke. Also, any movie with Rinko Kikuchi having shapeshifting powers and tentacle hair is ok in my books.
Elysium - 7/10

Fairly decent movie set in yet-another-dystopian-future, though it seemed dumbed down with the focus on mainly healthcare with bare glimpses at other aspects of the social asymmetry. Then the usual Hollywood action stuff took over and overshadowed other aspects of the film.

Man of Steel - 7.5/10

I found this movie to be entertaining as it went more in-depth with aspects of Superman's growing-up and self-discovery, as well as more background into Krypton. The different direction it goes with Superman is different, though I don't know if for better or worse.
The Truman Show-8/10

A very good outing from Jim Carrey and company. Funny in parts, profound in others. Jim Carrey isn't a great dramatic actor, but the script is such that he doesn't have do anything other than Jim Carrey it up that much. It's an interesting concept and the cinematography is good. So really at the end of the day it's a very good film that's great in parts.
The Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10

Good lord was that movie amazing! I was not expecting as much nudity and profanity as there ended up being but it added so much to the film. I think i read it said fuck 506 times? There was no way you could tone it down though. If things were implied and not shown then I don't think you could really comprehend what was so vile and crazy about these guys. DiCaprio did an incredible job, and I was really impressed by Jonah Hill's performance as well as Margot Robbie. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see Jordan a little more before he became corrupted by money to see how drastic the change was. The story begins when he first enters wall street and is fairly innocent but we don't see that side of him for more than a few minutes.
10/10 The Princess Bride

I wondered what was so great about this movie, thought it was gonna be a drag.

Boy was I surprised.

Now I can't contain myself from saying "As you wish" all the time to my girlfriend whenever she asks me for something.

She doesn't get it why I say it now all the time, even when I explained it to her she said it was corny. But hopefully when she does watch The Princess Bride, she'll come to appreciate it as much as I do right now :D
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
The iceman. 8/10
Dallas buyers club - 8/10

The performances of each actor were amazing, Oscar contender for sure, especially for Leto. I just wished it was a little longer, I felt it ended abruptly.
Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Dubbed- 9/10... alot more enjoyable in dub, all the voice actors did a fantastic job
UsagiHime wrote...
The Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10

Good lord was that movie amazing! I was not expecting as much nudity and profanity as there ended up being but it added so much to the film. I think i read it said fuck 506 times? There was no way you could tone it down though. If things were implied and not shown then I don't think you could really comprehend what was so vile and crazy about these guys. DiCaprio did an incredible job, and I was really impressed by Jonah Hill's performance as well as Margot Robbie. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see Jordan a little more before he became corrupted by money to see how drastic the change was. The story begins when he first enters wall street and is fairly innocent but we don't see that side of him for more than a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure DiCaprio was already a bit corrupted when he entered wall street since he said he went there because he was grubby for money.

One thing I didn't understand about the movie, though
Spoiler:
How did the FBI get the "dont incriminate yourself" note DeCaprio Game to Jonah Hill, what was Jonah Hill deleting and did DiCaprio rat out the rest of the "orginal 20" except Jonah Hill?

OT:Also saw Wolf of Wall Street, 9/10.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit 8/10
Didn't think I would like it. But I really enjoyed it. So glad I went to see it.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Silver linings playbook 9/10... I Would also
Warning spoil to the movie.
Spoiler:
beat the fucking shit out of a dude eating my wife pussy in my house in my shower also... Why is that a crime?
I've literally just been watching and rating movies with my boyfriend for like two days now, so here are some.

Here's a tiny list.

One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest.. I'd have to say it was about 5-6/10.

It was a good movie, cute and comical, but it was still kinda weird, and the ending bothered me, as it made sense and did end sorta well, the main character gets shock therapied so much (even though he was faking being crazy) that it fries his brain, and his friend "puts him to sleep" and then escapes like they both planned. Le sad, but also le weird let down.

Basketball Diaries starring Leonardo DeCaprio (super young) 9/10.
Such a good movie, depicted beautifully about young addiction. Such goodness <3

RollerBall 8.5/10
Another super amazing movie! Loved it, not so much into the super violence, but the epic battles were super epic, the ending was pretty awesome too!

Lastly, Grandma's Boy 7/10.
Very comical! I definitely recommend this to stoner/nerds.
Jack Ryan- Shadow recruit. 6/10.
Having had no background info of the movie I was going to watch, from the title I expected it to be the generic "lol muh militarized stuff" kind of action movie. No trailer, no movie poster, no preview or anything, just from the title.

Spoiler:
While I'm happy that I'm proven wrong, I don't have much positivity I can add about it. The initial spark between the protagonist and the female lead has absolutely no plot, just "BAM, I'M DATING YOU". There were a lot of plot points which I found to have had a lot of potential to lead to great things but were just given the middle finger.

Coincidentally I'm currently researching on the Cold War between USSR and the USA, which I kind of thought this show as "homage", if you would. But I don't think there was any similarity barring the little direct confrontation between red and blue.

The main character, namely Jack Ryan, is an average American who dropped out in the middle of his PhD to go serve his nation after 9/11. Potential conspiracy plot that could get touchy but would lead to some interest. Well, understandably they didn't go with that. Instead it goes on about a ploy by Russia to collapse USA's economy through stockpiling and mass-selling the US dollar and literally collapsing Wall Street. Literally. Main plot body seems cool, but inside it are many rushed elements and scenes that fall prey to awkward pacing. Witty remarks thrown left and right to just signify that "hahaha i threw a well-worded sentence at you im smart", forgivable. But how they took an ANALYST, someone who takes the data and makes the predictions, into enemy territory.

Sure, "Wine in front of me", but the "CIA" know better than to throw their trump card out into danger.

All in all it was a great plan executed wrongly. The acting is decent, nothing to complain about. For SGD 11.50 the movie ticket definitely wasn't worth it for me though.

Biggest complain was that Cheverin put light bulb in woman's mouth but never make torture.
Also Cheverin was my favorite character ironically. "I PUT LIGHT BULB IN GIRL MOUTH" is a line that somehow grew onto me.