Do you like mecha anime?

Do you like mecha anime?

Total Votes : 3,725
Nikon FAKKU Old Guard
[align=center]aen4YG5.jpg
As long as it has an actual plot i am fine with it. Eureka Seven pulled this off pretty well. so did Gurren Laggan. i just don't like it when its just Giant robots fighting something Because why the fuck not. Gurren Laggan also did this to a certain degree, but at least it came off as slightly self aware, so that's fine.
Patlabor
Gate keepers
Dual parallel trouble adventure
Gundam Wing - Seed - OO - Igloo
Macross Zero - Frontier
Evangelion
Isekai no seikishi monogatari
Full Metal Panic
Code Geass
Sokyou no fafner
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
Aldonah Zero

EDIT
Though it's best if they put aside the super kind/pacifist/naive//miko-like princess
Yep I liked aldnoah zero and allow something or other idk the full title of the other 1 that's currently ongoing
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
[color=#ff69b4]I like to watch them from time to time, but there really got to be something that pops out about it for me to really get into it. Late one I've watch was Aldnoah.Zero and it was pretty damn amazing.
Kage134 Nee-san Aficionado
<== You tell me whether I like Mecha or not.
I consider myself to have a wide range of tastes when it comes to anime, but I've never been very interested in mecha. I'll admit that I haven't given the genre a fair shot yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.
Can't get enough of it really.. though I don't include star driver and argevollen in that. See, whenever I watch a mecha anime, I'd always think of the gears and things that make it move. Weird though since I don't feel the same about cars :|
I only watch Mecha-Anime If I like the plot or most likely If I like the 1st Episode...
i loved to watch mecha if it have new technology story love cute hot girls
No. The only mecha thing I like is Megas XLR.
HouraiTeahouse wrote...
No. The only mecha thing I like is Megas XLR.

yeah that USA craziest mecha of all time Megas XLR destroyed everything for fun
i loved that too thx you remind me
There are only a few mecha anime that I actually finished so it's very rare for me to watch one.
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
Well...Why not? I play games with Mecha stuff in it, so why not anime?

It's not exactly something I watch all the time, but I'm not diametrically opposed to the concept at all.
Eeh, thats a tough one. I have so far fully enjoyed only FLCL with the mecha aspect and all, but then again its unique in basically every way possible.

There were a few others, like Howls Moving Castle (but i doubt you can call it mecha, since its steampunk...), but i cant recall the names off the top of my head.
So much for the fourth option. 😶

But then again, I enjoy watching mecha stuff, really cool! 😄
Robots are not really my thing. I was never a Gundam fan as a child and I was there for almost every variation of the series. It never resonated with me. Big O I connected with only because it reminds me so much of Batman. Code Geass, I watched more for the drama and the characters than the action involving mechas, which hardly mattered to me. The only mecha anime I can say I truly enjoyed is Zoids. It wasn't human-esque robots that appeared cold and unfeeling, it was a wide array of machines with some really awesome designs based on animals.
Mecha....Mecha... I LOVE MECHA ANIME, I buy most gunpla's Buy Mecha Anime like Code Geass, Rebuild of Evangelion,Gad Guard,Shin Getter, Gurren Lagann and I got Dues Ex Machina Demonbane Visual Novel. Finally in my collection I buy How to draw Mecha Art books <3 so you tell me.
[size=14]It all really depends on my mood really,..it's not that I don't LIKE Mecha anime, it's just not the first genre I'd pick, y'know? things like G Gundam and Aldnoah Zero and Gurren tend to do me fine, but it really just depends on plot and mood.

SHINING FINGER![/h]
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Not all of it, but there's a lot of mecha among my favorites.