[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
odogkiller42 wrote...

I bring this up as a concern because there clearly exists a lack of community involvement from a number of frequent visitors, subscribers or not, and there are things that could be done to prevent that. Giving important posts like this and the content removal post bigger banners is one possible solution. The point being that while FAKKU has been transparent about this decision for a long time, it surprised too many people and that should not have happened.

I agree.
odogkiller42 wrote...

2. While I will continue to support FAKKU, I do believe this decision was improperly timed to prevent substantial backlash from the community. Related to the previous issue, even users that were aware well in advance have legitimate concerns over the amount of content that is no longer available on their favorite, or one of their favorite platforms.

FAKKU had to remove all unlicensed content by the end of last year. It is something they promised their Japanese partners and breaking that promise would have strained their relationships.
odogkiller42 wrote...

What percent of all content was removed compared to what is currently available? What are the traffic statistics , revenue, and projections for FAKKU? I ask this since I would sincerely like to know how things are looking and whether my subscription actually means anything at all of this site truly is dying, which seems to be a legitimate concern.

Jacob posted earlier that they accounted for the mass migration in their price for the subs, along with the extra 3.00 fee from the CC biller. It's 12.95 to give FAKKU enough to explore other projects/deals while the amount of subs is still low.
odogkiller42 wrote...

Could FAKKU have worked out a deal to licence more publications prior to the cleanse? If the existence of the unlicensed content was an issue, could it have been negotiated that content they are removing be ready to upload after the unlicensed versions were removed?
I might not have explained this well, but basically what I am saying is could FAKKU have secured licenses to content so that when the cleanse occurred, they could immediately, or even later on, return a sizable amount of content back to the site legitimately? If not, why? Was it to secure a gesture of good faith to potentially secure more content? Was this what they actually planned and we just haven't gotten the increase yet? Will FAKKU have a comparable content amount? If so, when can this be expected to occur? If not, why should I or others stick around?

It was stated earlier that they were flat out told 'not until parodies are gone'. So removing all doujins was essential for them to go into negotiations for more magazines.
It will take time for them to return to the amount of content they once had. Once they get going, getting more license deals and hiring more staff will drastically increase the amount of content we get.
odogkiller42 wrote...

3. Not much is known about the future plans of FAKKU. The biggest reasons for the loss of approval from the community is the loss of a lot of content and the loss of information for their favorited titles. While it has been stated that FAKKU is working on "big things" it is not at all clear what those are or if it will address these 2 issues. Perhaps it would silence many naysayers if more about these plans are revealed so that people know now whether FAKKU is worth the subscription. The biggest selling points of FAKKU were the abundance of content, amazing platform, and awesome community. They lost one of them (content), and the other 2 depended on that large content pool to be worthwhile.

They would if they could I'm guessing. A lot of what goes on behind the scenes is clouted in a NDA.
odogkiller42 wrote...

Also, if "big plans" are in the works, why weren't they released prior to the cleansing of content? If they are truly worth the subscription from us as consumers, how come these weren't released prior to the removal so that it would negate or mitigate concerns from the community? I am not sure what sort of timetable FAKKU was under when implementing this decision or why it needed to occur when it did, but it seemed rushed and without much support for the site after the change was made. This is very concerning to me since even if it is not true, it gives the appearance of desperation, instability, and dire circumstances. This is because I don't believe FAKKU would make this decision without other features or content to keep their consumer base if they could have. Since I believe this, then I must also believe it was outside their control or poorly managed, neither of which is good. I would hate to see the site die because I truly love this site and what it plans to achieve in the future, but the present state of affairs leaves too much to chance and not enough on solid support and planning.

Simple. It's not done yet.
Maybe removing all unlicensed content was one of the major hurdles towards those "big things".
beeEAZY Raep Horse
Uncensored or not the haters won't take the gesture anyway. Like what someone said a few pages back. The biggest difference that people don't like is the change from free to pay. Don't get me wrong I still go to places that have things FAKKU doesn't have but if i can help by doing this then I will do so.

What I try to understand is the bickering and whining from people, but at the end of the day most of it sums up to, "FK u jewcob, sellout, RIP Website," and other retarded answers that has a response fueled by emotional rage except a select few that actually flesh out a coherent answer to their disapproval of the change.

FAKKU did what it has to do to stay afloat. Hell some other websites charge people to view the stuff they worked on and they don't even give it out uncensored, cough cough wink wink you guys know which places I'm referring to. The haters don't seem to understand how big WANI actually is for that dmca to be a huge concern so yeah FAKKU going legit was bound to happen anyway.

But alas I believe the biggest problem is the fact that things just aren't free and people gotta pay, not the price of the subscription. If you don't like it fine see yourself out in a respectful manner or stay and see how things are and someday you will get a subscription as well. If you like to bitch and whine all you want about things not being free anymore and not getting used to change(for a long long long long time) then make sure the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out cause obviously most of you don't care about the long term and only focus on the past and present.
i have visited this website for the free contents, but recently i have been putting down some of my hard earned dollars out of impulse, being a healthy/horny young man myself. however, i did this because i have followed this website before any form of subscriptions was made, and fakku had been a trustworthy site. that is why i decided to go through with this. i do hope that fakku will stay credible and trustworthy because any other paying sites seemed shady to me. i also hope that my little contribution can help your site become even better for all of your long time fans. keep on keeping on Jacob.
PS: adding more yandere contents are prefferable. peace
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
panthersoul wrote...
All these people saying they can't afford 13$/mo. But I saw a few say they can do 10$.....I was unemployed and employed part time on and off at min wage. My rent is cheap cause of a connection. I pay medical Internet and phone bills. I sub to crunchyroll abd hulu. And fakku. And whenever 2 of the books come in. I'll have 6 copies

What it comes down to is cutting a fast food meal or 2 out. That's exactly what I did. And I eat and feel better. If people support and want it. There is always a way budget.

I lurked for a long time. Then made an account. But this site grew on a love for what it is. Most of those who leave. Don't share the same thoughts. That's normal.even to those upset and leaving. Thank you for getting fakku this far.

Now that's material for a great publicity stunt.
"Lose weight, Subscribe to Fakku"
Some base in reality but other are just fantasy but the imagination are bottomless so there are still possible to it mate be happen in our life, But think of this if you encouter in your life to have change to "DO" Cheat Or "Attemp" To Do SEX with other make sure that Your Partner are single because you Know your seft are avialable ... If not you Know the Consequence Of "THE WORD KARMA"....
I like to think that I've been on this site for a very long time (Confession: Even long before it was personally legal), I've rarely ever gone a few days without visiting at least once, just to read up on the uploads or forums (I lerk too much). Ever since the first book came out, I bought it when it was available. Then once I saw the subscription I bought that too. I agree that the subscription uploads are Much fewer than the scanlations and have a much narrower variety, that's mainly because the only source are two Mainstream magazines. I Very much so look forward to more magazines becoming a part of the family of uploads here. Now that I'm done w/ this. I've thought of two suggestions as I was typing this.

1.) I personally don't have much knowledge of that kind of Magazine Lines there are in Japan, but I'd imagine that there are the more popular and less popular kinds. Some are more expensive, and some less expensive. Some release much more in terms of content, and some much less. If more lines are on their way, maybe you can change the subscription models to fit the quality/popularity/quantity in different groups. Like Bronze for the lesser known or fewer releases. Silver for more of the three, and Gold for all of them. Maybe even offering Tier that has the normal censoring and then as you get higher (Please don't go over the $12.95 that there is now) it enables the uncensored version, or maybe making that some kind of Add-On where you can check it for an extra $1 or something.
(I'm sorry if this paragraph seems too fragmented)

2.)I. LOVE. THE. READERS. The full screens, the smooth animations in the bars. Now I'll tell you what, it looks dope as FUCK on a 144HTz monitor. PLEASE. Find some way where you can make more of these transitions or animations to make the quality of these uploads Pop. Perhaps a page flip, or maybe fading. That's just my take on it. Smooth = Crisp. Crisp = Perfection.

if(immatureComment = true)
{
System.out.println("Lol, 69'th post")
}
else{System.out.println("Lol, 69'th post")}
beeEAZY Raep Horse
hgatedc wrote...
Metroidman5 wrote...
You ruined this site and everything I, and it, stood for. My favorites are gone, and so are a lot of the stories I read all the way through. While I can afford a subscription, you don't deserve a dime. I just saw my account hit 4 years. Too bad it doesn't matter. Good riddance.

Lol, you didnt even create the site, nor even contributed for it. And you have the guts to say what it stood for?

ZePasty35 wrote...
Before this decision, there were a lot to read for a very little cost (free). Now the there's a lot less to read and you're charging $13 US. Had you left everything in place and just charged for it, it would have been more palatable. You're not giving your potential customers much of an incentive.

They cant sell what is not theirs.

Its like youre telling me you can sell to me your neighbor's car without his permission.

you.....I like you.....you're attitude mainly but yeah....I like you sir.
OtakuSenpai The Overseer
daniel_romero wrote...

if(immatureComment = true)
{
System.out.println("Lol, 69'th post")
}
else{System.out.println("Lol, 69'th post")}

You're speaking in java, I can't take you seriously.
OtakuSenpai wrote...

You're speaking in java, I can't take you seriously.

int main() {
Boolen ^ immatureComment = true;
String ^ a = gcnew String("Lol 69'th post");

if ( immaturecomment == true )
Console::WriteLine(a);
}
C++ <3
OtakuSenpai The Overseer
daniel_romero wrote...

int main() {
Boolen ^ immatureComment = true;
String ^ a = gcnew String("Lol 69'th post");

if ( immaturecomment == true )
Console::WriteLine(a);
}
C++ <3

That's better.
I actually read through most of the post as well and from what I read the thing that seems like the best ideas so far for the new system is implementing a different tier based subscription.

Two ways I thought might make Tier based work is:

1) Limiting how many works they can read per month (please give us a bigger preview than the tiny thumbnail
eg. 3 dollars for 8 works a month, 6 dollars for 15 works a month, full price for unlimited

2) Subscribing to genre
eg. subscribing to all vanilla based hentai = 6 dollars for the first genre, 3 dollars on top every extra genre you add. If a chapter has a bunch of genres and it has the genre you subscribed to you are allowed to read it. The total price only goes to full price to unlock everything. Otherwise you pay 6 dollars for 1 genre you love and 3 dollars on top of that for any extra genres.

Doujins

Please find a way to get doujins back on the site legally. Doujins are what got most people into hentai in the first place. Original content is nice, but there really is no time to build character/personality/story in 40 pages. Even the books you released so far barely have any real story or character build up. Doujins fullfil a completely different genre/niche that cannot be achieved by original works unless they have more build up then just a 40p fap material. I know sites we can go for doujins which is completely reasonable, but I would LOVE to support doujins legally by paying those authors to bring them to the west uncensored. I have hundreds of favorite doujins on another site and sure I can read them there for free, but like I said, I'd love to pay them somehow other than flying to Japan during their expo to try and get 1 book where I cannot read.

Other thoughts
We really need a filter system for chapters based on genre. For example I hate futanari but love everything else. And I know my preferences already and don't want to "learn" to enjoy other content that I already know I don't enjoy. Please work on a filter system as soon as you can.

Please get rid of those ads even on people not subscribed. It really makes the site feel unprofessional, and I assume you want it to look more professional? I mean sure you might get a few bucks from a few unsubbed people checking the forums, but now you are changing to a subscription based service, please consider it.

Please find a way to make Fakku not show up on peoples credit card statements.
Jacob wrote...
Yesterday we removed all scanlations from FAKKU. This is something we announced over six months ago, but obviously it still came as a surprise to a lot of our users. Once we removed all unlicensed content the only material remaining was that which had been officially licensed, an overwhelming amount of which is for subscribers. The response has been divisive, with people coming out in support and people fueled with hatred of the decision.

As the person who created FAKKU nearly 10 years ago, I am here now to answer your questions and explain why I think this is the right thing to do.

[size=18]Why did you remove scanlations and unlicensed content?[/size]

A lot of people think hentai is free just because it's always been free. Given our history at FAKKU we've contributed to that misconception, and now it's time to fix it. Everything you've been reading on the Internet has been a scan of an actual book from Japan, something Japanese authorities are increasingly clamping down on. Piracy is not a sustainable business model, but more importantly, piracy has never been my goal with FAKKU.

Over the past year we have officially published over 200 individual artists. After going to Japan and meeting with artists whom we've published and have had their scanlations appear on FAKKU, I have made the decision to support them as much as I possibly can. It's heartbreaking to talk with an artist and have them explain that when they Google their name they don't see their website, or their Twitter, or any way to actually support them. All they see are pirated scans of their work that were uploaded somewhere without their permission.

This isn't a problem unique to hentai, it's an issue with the anime and manga industry at large and the reason why so many Japanese companies, publishers, and artists, blindly turn their back on their overseas fans thinking we're all pirates. Because for so many years that's all we've been to them, pirates. My goal with FAKKU is to change their perception of us and removing scanlations (and giving our users a way to support their favorite artists) is the next step.

As a result of this change you'll see more content coming to FAKKU from new artists and new publishers. We will be publishing all different kinds of genres, including things you don't normally see on FAKKU. I want to bring back all of the content that has been removed, but now legally and in collaboration with the artists that created it instead of via pirated scans. Right now we simulpublish two of the largest hentai magazines in Japan, Comic Kairakuten and Comic X-Eros, which together account for almost 1,000 pages of new content each month. The fact that we have been successfully doing this for six months is incredible, it's the equivalent of publishing two entire issues of Shonen Jump every single month.

We plan to add free content for users that cannot afford a subscription, but it's going to take some time. We are still legally figuring out how exactly to do this and how to do it in a way that's smart alongside our subscriptions. If you have ideas post them in this thread, I'll be reading every single reply.

[size=18]Final Thoughts[/size]

At this point whether we succeed or fail is entirely up to you, and we need your support now more than ever. If you can't afford a subscription, help spread our message and explain to people why we made this decision and why the artists deserve support. Get out there and tell people. Think of all the faps these artists have given us over the years, now we finally have the opportunity to give back to them in a meaningful way.

I hope you choose to stick around with FAKKU. If not, it's been an incredible 10 years and I want to thank all of you for being a part of it.
So this is kind of a complicated issue because I feel for both sides in this situation. It's absolutely fantastic that deals can be made where the artists who've had this stuff uploaded without their permission, for free, can get payed for it. It's really great that this can go legal and the people making the stuff can get their slice of the profits.

On the other hand, I sympathize with people that feel like they got burned. There's a thing you had before and now it's gone from what is easily the most organized and functional website for it. that I've seen. and that kinda sucks.

I bought a few books back when it was a mix between payed and free content and I'll still stick around to read those when or if I feel like going back to them. Thing is, as much as it would feel good to put up the dough to subscribe I don't really want to yet. Not with the content that is currently available. For me, to know that there's only one type of album currently on the site that has a certain tag I'm interested in. All while the cover of that same album is pretty much false advertising save for the last chapter and even then it's not really done that well. While I'm down with plenty of other stuff, it's pretty much a sign for me that I can hold off for the time being.In the future there'll be more content available that'll be solved with time.

With any luck I'll be in a position where I can feel better about spending that money. Overall I support the idea of what the site has decided to do but for anyone who's mad, I completely understand where you're coming from. I look forward to seeing how this all ends up shaking out.

P.S. There's still legit ways to get "free" porn. It's not story based manga's, most of the time, but it's still porn. Art sites like pixiv and hentaifoundry might give you the fix you're looking for.
I don't mind the removal of unlicensed content.

However, I dislike the subscription system, but for a different reason.

I prefer purchasing whole Tankoubon instead, since basically you buy it once and its pretty much yours forever, in either hard or digital copy.
But, with the subscription content in place, it feels like the workforce that could have been utilised for working on the books is reduced.

I also think the current artist lineup (at the very least for the Tankoubons) is pretty poor, there isn't enough variety. Considering that Wani has more great artists that we have yet to see in Fakku. I know it hasn't been that long, but why did we get multiple books by the same artists fairly quickly? before we even have a taste of some other artists.
Lurker/Visitor to the site since 2010 here to share my thoughts.

When subscriptions started, I watched the titles/artists that showed up and honestly, there was maybe only one or two that I thought looked good.

The sad truth of the matter is that most hentai manga simply isn't very good: it's not well drawn and it's not original. Most is simply Brazzers: The Manga except instead of typical Western porn tropes it has childhood friends and student council presidents... boring.

That's why it's simply not worth it for me to get a subscription, because in one month there might... and just might!.... only be one or two manga that I genuinely enjoy.

That being said, I love Fakku books, because when I make a book purchase of an author I like, such as Homunculus, Napata, Gunma, Hisasi, etc, I know I'm getting a lot of manga that is actually well-drawn and most likely a "step above the rest." I own most of the Fakku books that have been released and plan to continue buying more.

If there was a way that you could guarantee that there would be content from established, GOOD mangaka every month then a Fakku subscription might be worth it. Seeing as how this is basically just a translation site for those two magazines now, the situation is too unpredictable quality-wise. I totally understand Fakku's position and I admire the hard work they've put into this. You're doing the right thing ultimately. That doesn't change the fact that most of the product is boring and not worth subscribing too - like most porn in general.
I wish I paid attention so I could have listed the titles of all my favorites fuuuuuuck....
Well looks like I don't really have a reason to use Fakku! anymore. Which makes me really sad cause I've been using this site for years and I really loved it... Can't say I didn't see this change coming with the increasing amount of sub only and books being put out.
But I will survive just like all my other internet porn lurkers. I might subscribe in the future but as for now I suppose my traffic won't be missed (atleast that's the response I feel from this change.)
I reached 1 Year today... And just found out this. :(

I wish that you made a poll first, asking the opinion of your users. Sorry, I really can afford this :( 3
Good bye guys, see you guys around in other sites.
Are you KIDDING ME! EVERYTHING IS GONE! everything I favorited has been removed. I had several dozen pages of content. And I'm almost positive not all of it was put under this subsection pay wall bull shit. I don't even know why I bother coming back here. Need to find a new sight seeing as this ones shit
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Likhos01 wrote...
panthersoul wrote...
All these people saying they can't afford 13$/mo. But I saw a few say they can do 10$.....I was unemployed and employed part time on and off at min wage. My rent is cheap cause of a connection. I pay medical Internet and phone bills. I sub to crunchyroll abd hulu. And fakku. And whenever 2 of the books come in. I'll have 6 copies

What it comes down to is cutting a fast food meal or 2 out. That's exactly what I did. And I eat and feel better. If people support and want it. There is always a way budget.

I lurked for a long time. Then made an account. But this site grew on a love for what it is. Most of those who leave. Don't share the same thoughts. That's normal.even to those upset and leaving. Thank you for getting fakku this far.

Now that's material for a great publicity stunt.
"Lose weight, Subscribe to Fakku"

It's true though. I can't help but shake the feeling that most of those whining about the $13 are under-aged kids who don't have jobs.