FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

i cant read for free anymore, what is the new site .. pls tell me
Antw0n Remember me?
Think I uh... found a bug.

Forum Image: http://puu.sh/ni6e5/295650b850.png
Regarding page display mode, it would be nice if there was an option to allow advancing by a single page in two page display mode, perhaps using the page up/down keys.
I.e. pages (1)(2|3)(4|5)(6|7) -> (1|2)(3|4)(5|6)(7)
So if I'm currently viewing pages 4&5, that would make it possible to switch to pages 5&6 or 3&4, instead of only 6&7 or 2&3.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
HenAi wrote...
Regarding page display mode, it would be nice if there was an option to allow advancing by a single page in two page display mode, perhaps using the page up/down keys.
So if I'm currently viewing pages 4&5, that would make it possible to switch to pages 5&6 or 3&4, instead of only 6&7 or 2&3.

I doubt this will ever be added. The reason you see an option like that in desktop comic readers is because there's no guarantees that pages in two-page mode will line up correctly as intended by default and a user might need to do manual corrections on the fly to get it right, but since we're fully in control of both the content and reading experience we can ensure that the pages are always laid out in proper pairs in two-page mode. I really don't see a point in allowing the user to view "bad" page pairs in this setup.
Daiz wrote...
HenAi wrote...

I doubt this will ever be added. The reason you see an option like that in desktop comic readers is because there's no guarantees that pages in two-page mode will line up correctly as intended by default and a user might need to do manual corrections on the fly to get it right, but since we're fully in control of both the content and reading experience we can ensure that the pages are always laid out in proper pairs in two-page mode. I really don't see a point in allowing the user to view "bad" page pairs in this setup.

The point is that your reader is primarily used to view H, rather than non-H material. So which pair of pages a user wants to see doesn't necessarily line up with the flow you've set. I know I use that feature in desktop readers a lot for that reason, anyway.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
HenAi wrote...
with the flow you've set

To elaborate on this a bit further: we don't exactly set the flow ourselves - this is already done at the authoring level. The chapters are drawn with a physical layout in mind, where you'll always see two pages side-by-side:

Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/dnPthA2.jpg

And this is the layout that we follow in the reader as well. (It also has a practical purpose in ensuring that two-page spreads always show up right for the users.)
Daiz wrote...
HenAi wrote...
with the flow you've set

And this is the layout that we follow in the reader as well. (It also has a practical purpose in ensuring that two-page spreads always show up right for the users.)

Yeah, I figured that's how you're doing to it. It obviously makes sense to use that as the standard option, and if the reader was primarily used for non-H works, I'd agree that it wouldn't really make sense to add an option to cycle single pages in two page mode.
However, it's used for H, so I think giving the option would be good. To illustrate, https://www.fakku.net/manga/going-down-english/read/page/6-7, https://www.fakku.net/manga/going-down-english/read/page/8-9. So the coupling of pages the author intended may not necessarily line up with what the individual reader prefers. In this particular case, you've got (DP|blowjob)(cumshot|DP) - I think it's easy to see how someone could prefer (DP|DP) instead. Same thing if you go one pair of pages further back.
Does that make sense?
Not sure if this has been answered or not, but is there a mobile app in the works?
Daiz FAKKU Developer
bluenoise wrote...
Not sure if this has been answered or not, but is there a mobile app in the works?

As a general rule the various mobile app stores don't like apps dealing in adult-only content, which means that the only app we could really do is for Android and we'd have to distribute it outside the Play Store. As such, mobile apps aren't in our radar right now.
With the flowing comments in on the pages is there any way to possibly have a global turn off option in say the settings
The single with spreads and two page option no longer seems to work for me. I am using Firefox on Windows 10. I tried Chrome as well with no result.

Edit: Never mind. The two page option does still work. It's just that Let Your Smile Bloom Spread does not seem to support two page options.
The Reader is Awesome, but every time i log back in it resets my preferences. is there another option to save changes?
i would also like to see an opposite version of the subscribe that highlights unwanted tags in red.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
HippieSabotage wrote...
The Reader is Awesome, but every time i log back in it resets my preferences. is there another option to save changes?

What browser / device / operating system are you using? That should generally only happen if you use your browser in private mode, as they wipe the saved preferences on close. If that's your issue, then the only solution to that is really to not use private mode.
Can it be possible to have a low picture quality option for smartphone? this way I can save a lot of data usage and shorter loading time.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
lunarhalo4 wrote...
Can it be possible to have a low picture quality option for smartphone? this way I can save a lot of data usage and shorter loading time.

Quality options is something I want to do in the future, but it's sadly not feasible for us right now.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Is there any possibility that you could add a mode where it loads most/all images at once, and then you can just keep scrolling down all the way to the end? I don't mean the scroll wheel page change option.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
blackice85 wrote...
Is there any possibility that you could add a mode where it loads most/all images at once, and then you can just keep scrolling down all the way to the end? I don't mean the scroll wheel page change option.

There are no plans for adding an "infinite" scrolling mode like that to the reader. And it already loads images in the background.
New settings were rolled out recently I guess? Took awhile to get used to but I like them overall.

I like the mouse panning and how the arrow keys move the page around the screen. Took awhile to figure out how to go through pages, and then just randomly decided to hit page up and page down. After that, reading was super easy. Pretty intuitive once you figure out how it works. Good stuff. Dual page viewer is less frustrating now.
why i cant read fakku online?
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
urbanmild087 wrote...
why i cant read fakku online?

you need to subscribe, fakku has gone legal and now you need to pay.