Dakimakuras anyone?

Shashin I <3 dakimakura covers
Yeah, I really like the Chiri and Ninoko ones; I'd probably buy one or the other if finances allowed and they got a web order. The latest batch of Wani stuff is closing soon, and I had planned on ordering everything (I don't really like the cover that's bundled with the blanket, but I like the blanket a lot) but I'm still recovering from my trip to Japan. It doesn't help that Mandarake has consistently added good stuff every night for the last week or so. I bought an Anko blanket (of Milhi), a Marks Strike Witches and K-On cover, and there were a few other items I was really considering, but just couldn't swing.
I just went with the Hisasi cover of the Wani ones, though I do like the other two as well. But I didn't like the others so much that I can't resist them. I just seem to end up buying everything by Hisasi these days if I can :P

I saw the many anko and marks covers at Mandarake, but most were already gone by the time I noticed em, including all the ones I would have been tempted by. Which is probably good for my wallet at least :p
Haha, yeah. There were a few that sold almost instantly, and I alerted a friend about another few that he ended up buying. I would have doubled up on a few myself, if I had the money; the IS Charl/Laura cover was one I notified my friend on, and if I didn't already have two copies/lack the money, 20k was actually a pretty good price for it.
It's been relatively quite on the dakimakura scene for me since nothing has really stood out to me the past few weeks with the exception of Evening Call's big update. Mainly waiting for the upcoming event and potential weborder of those Stylus covers. I tried picking up the Shokuhou cover Willow posted a review on but Yokatta couldn't secure a preorder, which is unfortunate because it looks like a nice cover.
SuperNaturalFLCL wrote...
It's been relatively quite on the dakimakura scene for me since nothing has really stood out to me the past few weeks with the exception of Evening Call's big update. Mainly waiting for the upcoming event and potential weborder of those Stylus covers. I tried picking up the Shokuhou cover Willow posted a review on but Yokatta couldn't secure a preorder, which is unfortunate because it looks like a nice cover.

Yeah they failed for me too, the seller hates proxy services it seems. I had to get it via Mandarake instead. I really wanted his Kongou cover too ;< hoping for it to turn up on Mandarake one day too..
BTW, I saw a bunch of new covers from MARKS in the latest event and I notice that all the certs are actually blank with text, and a pink hair girl holding a board on it. What the heck is going on?
Yeah, I saw that. No idea what the deal is for sure, since I can't read the text. D: My guess is they were either printing in a hurry or their printer didn't want to print anything NSFW anymore. Neither really makes much sense, but it's the only thing I can think of.
I really hope Stylus has a web order of their recent event covers and not just the grab bags they just put up. I can't seem to justify the purchase if one or two of the eleven covers actually interest me. Anyone considering it?
What are the covers it could be? 18k for 2 covers and a tapestry is a pretty decent deal, even if they aren't what you want. I'm a gambling man myself, so if I had the money, I'd probably give it a try. One circle had loot bags at Ore no Yome for 25k I think, and they had 3-4 covers in them. I had already spent all of my money, otherwise I think I would have given it a try.

Oukasai covers are up for a short mail order (until the 16th): http://oukasai.cart.fc2.com/?ca=all
Gonna see if Yokatta can get the oukusai covers, but if they don't respond quickly I'll go with SMJ to be safe, since Yokatta can be so ridiculously slow to respond at times ;
I'd order two of them if I had the money, but I never got around to fixing my SMJ issues (so I have no limit currently) and I don't have the cash to pay SutoCorp at the moment.
I'm not sure what covers you can get as a result of the lucky bag but it does mention something about eleven recent ones besides their latest web order. I do want to try to get an order for some Oukasai covers though.
Well, that was surprising. Yokatta got back to me super fast so going with them for the oukusai covers afterall. Getting the Ninoko and Syroh ones, though all four are quite nice.

Also picking up HOP's 89th cover (assuming it makes the 30 order threshold to actually be made). http://holdonpillow.com/html-shouhin/2014shouhin/pillow_orijinaru89.jpg

I wouldn't be able to gamble on stylus's lucky bags.. too much risk I'd get a double of one of my recent orders, or just a cover I don't love that much.. I don't think I'd ever be able to buy any lucky bag type thing as I always would already have some/most of the covers I like from their original sale period, and I don't collect doubles. Maybe if there was a lucky bag for completely new covers, and if I also liked all of the possible results too. But lucky bags are generally a means for them to clear their unsold older stock so that's fairly unlikely to happen.
I'm strongly considering that HOP cover, and I like the 90th cover, too.

I just like gambling, as evidenced by my expenditures at D-Stage. There was also a booth at the KanColle event that had a similar prize system, where the top price was a Shimakaze cover (don't remember which one at the top of my head.) I think I ended up spending about 2000 yen (500 a try) and walked away with some cute stickers, keychains, and a Shimakaze poster.
I'd been looking at the Hold on Pillow covers recently, but as I've been waiting for BWStore to open pre-orders for the Non Non Biyori cover they previewed on their blog, I've been holding back on spending too much this month on covers. It's good that a lot of covers I think are nice are coming out, but also bad because I have to be selective and not just get them all.
Well, I unraveled the mystery of the marks blank certificate. I bought one of those and guess what? I bought the non cum version of Hotaru but with the same clothing.... or so I thought,turns out that the other side was the gantai girl.

You don't know how much I'm raging right now.
ZengarZanvolt wrote...
Well, I unraveled the mystery of the marks blank certificate. I bought one of those and guess what? I bought the non cum version of Hotaru but with the same clothing.... or so I thought,turns out that the other side was the gantai girl.

You don't know how much I'm raging right now.

You take any pictures? :o

And it definitely sucks to get suckered into something like that, but I doubt it's the reason for the blank certificates. At events where Marks sells covers, they have full sample images posted for all of the covers they're selling that day. So it's likely whoever bought it knew what was on the other side. The only people who get screwed are those that buy on the secondhand market. It is pretty common for Marks to do different characters on either side. It definitely does suck, though. :/
Man this new Stylus/Ninoko cover is awesome, definitely going to get it:
http://stylus-inc.jugem.jp/?eid=481
Revelation Defender of DFC
I just bought a Reki dakimakura. Waiting a little impatiently for it.
willowywicca wrote...
Man this new Stylus/Ninoko cover is awesome, definitely going to get it:
http://stylus-inc.jugem.jp/?eid=481

I was really considering that, but then I saw Carnelian's new cover and opted for that instead. The different pose the secondary side had made it an instant purchase for me.