How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

Total Votes : 2,914
Since reading the LN for SAO before the anime, I've decided NEVER AGAIN to read the manga/novel first.
The animation was so damned boring and it was so bad after the tenth episode. This way, even if the animation is bad I can still enjoy it.
I like reading the manga first as usually the story is better( sometimes the art too). But I'll watch the anime if i really like the series.
I usually read all kinds of manga with the exception of those that are aimed for girls. So I usually only watch the anime of the manga/VN/LN of those that I found interesting.
But if some anime that I don't know of appears and I havn't read yet, I try to watch the anime then read the manga/VN/LN if I find them interesting enough and if they do have any, cuz there are those which are original.
There are those anime that I watch too if they're adaptations of games that I played and vice versa
I usually PLAN to read the manga, but I never get around to it. I have, however, read light novels that have been adapted into anime after watching the anime. Especially since Kizumonogatari seems to never be coming out.
Depending on what it is, I may watch the anime first then read the Manga. But typically, I read first and then watch.
I usually watch the anime first simply because I'm more into animation and film than still drawings and comic books. I also only read the manga if I really liked the anime.
The manga is usually the source material so I tend to read the manga first.

Whatever it is, I try to get the source material. So I watch the Madoka Magica anime before reading the manga, read the light novels of Haruhi Suzumiya before watching the anime, play Fire Emblem before reading the doujins, etc etc.
If I really like the Anime Adaptation, then I'll read the Manga Adaptation, but usually I Read Manga of one cause, and one cause only [One Piece].although now what you expect in the Anime which the Fave Characters move unlike in manga in still panels only it gives it all the Hype!! :D
I mix it up sometimes I'll read the manga first then watch the anime but most of the time it's the other way around
I love manga and comic when i was a kid (dragon ball, doraemon, crayon shinchan, etc.)

but today i rarely read manga, only watch anime.
It's a bit of a mix on my part but usually I watch anime after I read the Manga

Though sometimes I drop it if the anime isn't as good
I only watch anime cause i'm too lazy to read but sometimes i read the manga after watching the anime lol xD
I thoroughly enjoy reading the manga's before watching the anime and watching the differences in the adaptations. Like I read All of fruits basket before the anime came out and I was just, completely let down. But I read most of Soul Eater before I stated watching the series and I LOVED the anime series, I Seriously think that the anime was better than the manga. I guess it's hit or miss whichever way you prefer.
Well, I happened to read the manga first, before I knew that there is an anime adaptation. But sometimes its alternate :)
I usually like the original better, in this case usually manga. Then I switch to the anime series when I want more....
I'll usually watch the Anime only, but if it's really good ill go back and read the manga over
I usually only ream manga. There have been exceptions but reading a manga and then watching the same story tends to bore me. If I watch an anime I have no problem going back and reading it though for some odd reason. I don't get bored if that is the case.
I don't watch many anime anymore but I usually start with it if I want to get into manga (Kuroko no Basket for example)
Tend to read it first. See how the anime did.
anime usually end before manga end.That's why I'm not surprise no.2 is top answer.