How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

Total Votes : 2,914
I would normally read the manga and not care for the anime, that is unless the manga interests me so much I have to see the anime.
I pay for crunchyroll, so it easier for me to watch anime first then hunt down the manga on Barnes n noble or amazon.com.
Depends on which one I find first
I'll only watch the anime if the manga is really good, like One Piece, HunterxHunter etc
Earlier on, I mostly watched the animes and if I liked them, I'd read the mangas. Now, I'll prefer to view the original, be it manga, anime or light novel, as long as the premise piques my interest, although I'll confess I've not been following all that many animes of late. Like before, if I like it enough, I'll give the adaptions a shot.
i handle each series differently but what seems to happen most often is that if i like an anime i will check to see if there is more to it like a manga or LN

that's how i became a fan of To Love Ru and Highschool DxD
What's happened in the past is:
1. Read manga
2. Years later it gets an anime adaptation
Still the way I do it now
I generally prefer to view a story in its original form. I've found that mostly, adaptations lose a certain something. Of course there are exceptions and sometimes the adaptation is better or just as good as the thing it was based.
The only thing I will say is that I have yet to find a visual novel adaptation better than the original.
I usually watch the anime first and then read the manga.

I did that for Jojo and Mirai Nikki.
I'm more read the manga first before watching the anime like Shingeki no Kyojin, One Piece and any other else. But basically I'm always told by my friend if there's a new anime and he gave me the recommendation what to watch.
Personally it all depends on how the characters perform in the plot of the anime/manga. I myself always have this vision of a character that whenever I see in the manga, I would like for them to perform in a certain way and speak in a certain voice. If I finished watching the anime and I find that there should have been more to the story, then I go to read about the manga. Perfect examples of this are:

To Love-ru
BTOOOM!
Medaka Box
Naruto
Aku No Hana
Death Note
Bakuman

The more I see the amount of skill that goes through the manga, the more I want to devote myself in becoming a mangaka so that one day it will get developed into the anime that I have always wanted.

EDIT: can there be a vote for watching both Manga and Anime?
On pretty much all my cases, I only watch the anime. They're is only one exception, which is Naruto, as in I read the manga now, but don't watch the anime.
I always watch the anime but I don't usualy ever read the manga of the anime because I just find that the anime is better. Though some people prefer the manga or both, it's just basicly a matter of opinion,
I read the manga as it is almost always better.Only example that does not hold true is Eureka 7 manga.
Never Ever Ever Ever Ever read that.Ever.
If theres an alt ending in the manga compared to the anime, I will read it.
I read or watch whichever one came first. The manga does not always come before the anime.
Even though I know that the manga version is most likely much better, I can't help but prefer to watch the anime. The voices and animation add so much to the whole experience for me. Especially in Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, it just wasn't as scary without the evil laughter.
I watch the anime first then read the manga for the continuation of the story..
Because I usually read the manga then watch the animated version It always pisses me off when the manga and anime aren't alike that always results to me making facepalms...O.O
I do both. Get the best of both worlds. Sometimes you live to regret it but hey.