How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

Total Votes : 2,914
This was a hard one for me Nya. I will read the manga and watch the anime at the same time if they are available Nya.
i always will read the manga first, but if i like the manga a lot, like one piece good, then i will check out the anime. sometimes i would just watch clips recommended but thats about it. i have like no time for anime.
Almost always I've seen the anime first.

The only real exception to that is Great Teacher Onizuka!, in which case I read about halfway through it and then decided to watch the entire anime just because I loved it so much.
I usually end up watching the anime first and reading the manga if im really interested, I should read more manga.
I usually read the manga after watching an anime series.
the manga usually more complete than anime
well if reading manga first i think fun factor will reduce greatly.
I've read a TON of manga and watch a TON of anime. The thing i usually do when i start an anime or manga i check to see if it has a manga or anime usually do both then.
For me, I'd rather read the manga first, and likely ONLY the manga.

1: Manga, can express a lot more to me, since I absorb more from reading than watching. I get much more distracted when watching any sort of video.

2: Annoying anime filler episodes. Meaning the manga, if it's ongoing, is always the most up to date.

3. Less 'annoying' fanbase when keeping to the manga, for the most part.

4. With manga, don't have to end up dealing with a possibly annoying situation where your idea of the character's voice is WAY different than the voice actor, either original OR dubbed.

5. No annoying, shitty video buffering on shitty anime streaming sites.
Recently I've been doing a variation of the given options by watching the anime first, then reading the original light novels. SAO, High School DxD, To Aru Majutsu, all started with the anime for me but I've since picked up those and other light novel series.
usually watch anime, after that i'll read the manga...
i usually read manga, to know if there's a continuation of the series im watching.. like Kaminomi / Highschool DxD and likes
Usually I'll watch the anime and not read the manga. Now if the series ends and the manga is ongoing I'll gauge the likelihood of a sequel and then decide whether I'll read the manga or not. I'm just more of an anime person so if that's coming out then I'll focus my attention there.
I normally watch the anime first and if it has an unsatisfying ending I will read the manga just to see how the original author intended to finish it. I do sometimes just read manga and they either won't have an anime or I just won't watch it.
I read the manga if the anime doesn't have a next season like Pandora Hearts (oh the twists), Sekerei, Shingeki no Kyojin (just out of curiosity)
Whatever grabs my attention first. But in the end, I always check out if there is a manga or anime version of whatever I'm looking at and just habitually compare the 2 to see whats better.

It's just hard not to compare the two. If its a manga (a good one), it'd be cool to see the characters in motion and how they're voiced, etc. If its a good anime, usually the manga reveals a lot of things that the anime omits because of time constraints and such.
Isn't there a both option, oh and where's the "watch an anime/read manga because of doujinshi"
I need more specifications:
1. Do the manga comes after the anime?
2. Do the anime comes after the manga?
3. Do I decide when somebody just *wham* give me a whole series of both manga and anime adaptation of a title I don't know about?

In case of the third specification, i choose to watch the anime, then manga. I voted based on this.
It depends whether I watch anime first or read manga first but in the end I do both if I like the series too much.
Hell, most of the time the anime doesn't even finish the story. They have twelve episodes and then end it witb either the ending they made up to close the show, or with no ending at all (i.e. Deadman Wonderland). I watch what they got but check if there is a manga for it. Especially if it is the kind to have filler episodes, because those almost always suck.
I only read old mangas such as dbz, yu yu hakusho, rurounin kenshin, hunter x hunter, basilisk, trigun, the list goes on. I haven't read any new manga's as for anime I'll watch if it's interesting, newest anime show I've seen and enjoyed it is afro samurai (I know).
reading before watching is the best. wondering what it looks like when you read and will be more amaze when you didn't expect when your watching.