One insignificant thing you dislike about today.

BO3

And I didn't win again. FML
what sucked about today was that i didnt work and didnt get to deliver and eat pizza while getting that dough yaknow
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Killamanik wrote...
i didnt work and didnt get to deliver and eat pizza

while getting that dough yaknow

I see what you did there.

So the legends are true? You get free pizza?
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
I sat on a rock.
17th August
I bought pork and stuffing slices which were being sold cheap because today was their use-by date and I ate both packets. They were delicious.

However now I'm currently on the bog with lava shits.

It was worth it, I just hope I push it all out before work in 8 hours.

19th August
Two things:
  • Coworker pointed out that my index fingers curve very slightly towards the other fingers. I hadn't noticed it before, and now I'm conscious of it.

• I saw a former friend's mum in a car on my home with who I presume to be said former friend. I've got nothing against her since it wasn't her that did me wrong and I still talk to her when I see her about, but by association seeing her makes me feel a tad depressed.

20th August
11 hour shift from what was supposed to be 7. Coworker went home early, forgot why (presumably stress making her feel ill, she hasn't been handling it very well), and came back to cash up since I don't know how to do that yet.

I'm fucked. And not in the nice way.
Finishing the ERASED Anime...

see also
22nd August
On Minecraft I named a cat after my cat that died in February in memory of her. But its AI had bugged out (a common occurence on the Console Editions) and best way to get them to respond when it happens is to give them an unarmed love tap. But it died and I got the message Misty has been slain by Zenihdrol. It was really depressing.

Found out later that feeding a cat doesn't replenish its health; that only works for dogs. So for the past year or so I've been slowly killing it off without realising and wasting fish. I'm going to have to go round splashing all my cats with health potions just in case.

24th August
We use little black pots with the prices stuck round them to hold pens and put them on display. One had been emptied so someone thought it was for sale. I had to explain to her twice that it wasn't something we actually sell, it was for displaying pens and that the prices stuck around it in excess were the prices of the now-sold out pens. The first time she simply asked about it, but the second time I had to explain again when she was paying for her stuff and she put it on the till hoping I would sell it. She got the right hump about it. Get a life love.
I accidentally stepped on a spider barefoot after taking my shoes off - scared the shit out of me when it tried to run
Another hot day.

It was cooler this morning since we had quite a large thunderstorm last night, but then it went into surface-of-the-sun mode again.
The techie came and "fixed" my problem. Then 2 hours later the problems resurfaced.

then I called tech support and While I was being serviced and put on hold they hung up on me.
Coworker invited me out to the pub after work but I didn't want to so I said "I can't I'm afraid", implying I'd be busy. I later said I wasn't doing anything so I'd give a series a watch when I got home.

I am such an idiot.
Friend died. Sucks. Kinda depressed now.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
Pain in both of my legs since this morning. Hurts like a bitch.
Coworkers spent 5 hours chatting out the back while I was on the shop floor on my lonesome on a very busy day. When I had my break it was apparently busy enough to warrant them both going to man the tills, and almost immediately retreated out back again once I finished. I might as well have just run the fucking place by myself.

One of them was on the close though so she had to actually do something for the last 2 hours after I left.

7th September
Bought the GTA trilogy off of PSN. San Andreas I already had so I didn't need to worry about that, GTA3 took 5 hours, and Vice City has so far taken 3 days. 3 fucking days. And it still has 19 hours. [color=red]I fucking hate this goddamned internet provider.[/color]

And my friends are going to Canterbury for the day today but I can't go. Sigh.

9th September
I ate a bag of pistachios today. My mum ate a whole block of vienetta ice cream. According to her eating the pistachios was worse because she wanted some. I wanted some ice cream, so doesn't that make us even?

10th September
Many small things irking me at work.
  • Coworkers leaving rubbish and leftover food everywhere out the back. Couldn't leave the shop floor unattended and didn't particularly want to stay behind after I finished my shift to tidy up so I've left it until the morning. I'm a messy person but I make sure my messiness only affects me in my private life. Fucking degenerates.

• Even found a cup filled with mouldy teabags. What the fuck.

• Asked for a bag of £1 coins; meant to get 20 in a bag. I only got 18. Coworker said she'd have a look in the safe for loose coins that may have escaped the bag. She never came back and it was never mentioned again. Not wanting to deal with that later when cashing up I put my own money in there to make it balance out. I count the safe tomorrow as part of opening procedures so if it's £2 up I'm going to take back what I'm owed.

• The latest shift anyone works who isn't closing is 6pm and we normally count a till off about that time while the other person stands at the other till to make things go more smoothly for the person who is closing. However the girl who was supposed to finish at 6 left half an hour early leaving me in the lurch. Trying to count it off solo with customers still about was a big bundle of fun.

• Neither of them signed the paperwork for cashing up so I'll have to get someone to do it in the morning

• And printer's on the fritz again, this time a network issue

But they left their Lindt chocolates behind so I had those.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Had to help my aunt move for the second time this week. No one in my friend's list has MHFU on the Evolve server. Either that, or the region is too far.
Bought a bottle of Jim Beam but the cap isn't seperated from the neck properly so I can't open it.

When I can be arsed I guess I'll have to score them apart with scissors or something.

16th September
Been trying to whack off all morning. Shit internet coupled with my room suddenly feeling like a public footpath for people to come in and ask me stupid questions I've been unable to do so properly for an hour now.

19th September
Slept for 12 hours.
Not complaining about the amount of time I slept, I just feel like death sleeping for so long.

24th September
It's payday weekend and I'm basically running the store on my own all weekend so I've been pretty stressed. Shop didn't calm down until 7:10pm (bare in mind we close at 8). Basically lost the will to live after tidying up and having everything I tidied messed up again. People are so fucking messy. Put things back you cunts.
But on the plus side cashing up was really easy, it really was all just 5s, 10s, and 20s with very small bits of change so I got out a bit earlier than normal.

And I found out a coworker got proper shitty with a customer over inaccurate change and ended up having a complaint filed against her, so I'll have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't flip out again. Another thing to add to the list of things to do tomorrow. T'riffic.

27th September
We've had consistently slow internet speeds since we switched internet providers, but for the past 3 days our Internet connection has gotten even worse; it's taken 20 minutes for me to navigate to this thread to post about it, it's taken me 3 hours to get half way through this week's episode of Dragon Ball Super, update files for games take hours to download whether it be on Steam or PS4, anything that isn't Google or YouTube takes minutes to load if it loads at all, otherwise simply closes the connection. Facebook always refuses to load properly and YouTube videos always default to 144p; even then I have to wait for the video to buffer, and I can't check my Yahoo e-mail because again, it simply closes the connection when it takes too long.
As far as I can tell, we're on Fiber broadband and they advertise Fiber broadband as being 4.5x faster than standard broadband, but we have never breached 1mbps.

I've gotten onto our provider twice now about it, and they finally came to the conclusion that there's an issue with our router so they're going to send us another. Hopefully that is the issue. I've read multiple instances of people being sent faulty routers by this lot. Sounds like they're not fucking testing them properly.

1st October
Customer getting shitty because the 20% discount we're taking this weekend didn't apply to a Game of Thrones boxset. Her son was like "Just drop it" and paid for it since he was the one that wanted it, but she refused. We explained that we, the staff, also don't get discounts on them and we work there. But nope, got the usual line "You should be honouring it" and "you're advertising that you're doing discounts". We are doing discounts and we are putting them through, but it only applies it to items that are able to be discounted. Her privelage card sheet does say "exclusions apply", and for us said exclusions only apply to sweets and higher-value items like that boxset. Unsatisfied, she asked for Head Office's number but we gave her Customer Service's.

I always forget that discounts don't always apply to certain items so I should keep an eye on that next time we do a discount event and someone gets shitty about it. We don't even have to do them.
I needed to use a pen to sign something and there was one sitting at the desk but as soon as I picked it up damn thing exploded and got all over my hands for fuck sakes.
3rd October
Got woken up this morning by a phonecall from work. Not to call me in thank fuck but to ask if we had a window change and again 2 hours later to ask about how to do a certain discount which I only got told about yesterday when someone showed me the voucher code.

I don't mind but because of it I didn't get much sleep last night since I went to sleep at 4am. Drifted off at 5pm and woke up at 9; means I missed the pub quiz.

5th October
>guy wants to buy Marmite Chocolate jug thing we sell for a fiver
>attempts to get outlet discount; bare in mind we don't do discounts on confectionary, which it's classed as
>have to explain that to him
>he gets shitty; tries to argue it's not confectionary
>I explain that it's classed as confectionary because it's chocolate and it's edible
>he gives up and doesn't buy it

6th October
>be at work
>customer asks if they can get a discount
>I ask "what for?"
>"Dunno, anything" they reply
>Now internally facepalming, I tell them we currently only accept Outlet staff discount cards.
>She got a bit huffy about it but dropped it.
>She then asks for a bag and asks if I'm going to charge her for it. No fucking shit.

What is it with people and discounts lately.
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
My monitor is getting really hard to stare at
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Gravity cat wrote...

>be at work
>customer asks if they can get a discount

What is it with people and discounts lately.

got a few of them.
they all wanted to buy some cheap TV by a company that no-one heard of costing around £150 and they ask for discount seeing they will by a wall bracket with it.
1st you're buying the cheapest TV
2nd the wall bracket they are buying is a package deal bracket that includes 2m HDMI cable, 2m aerial cable and 150ml LCD clean kit for £20 when the bracket on its own cost £25.

and also people buying a some stuff on sale and some stuff not on sale and still asking for discount.