One insignificant thing you dislike about today.

I had to go to work.

Twice.

Edit: Really, no one else in a whole day?

For this one, no one kept shit stocked at work today except me, so life was hell and nothing was finished until the end of my shift when I stocked up for everyone off the clock.

Working off the clock is bad, mmkay?

I did it purely of my own volition without being asked to, though, so it's no one's fault but my own.

Regardless, we were short-staffed by at least 2 people, so I understand not keeping up.

(Maybe 3. I wasn't really told how many. We did have 1 no call no show.)
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Area manager popped in and rubbed us all up the wrong way in some form. After we spent the whole day frantically tidying the shop for a visit from our Operations Director tomorrow he basically said it looked like shite. And while I was sweeping the floor he asked if I was in until 8. I responded "Not tonight, I finish in 20 minutes" (6pm) and he said "Bloody part timers". I've been working 30+ hours/week and was 20 minutes off of a 10 hour shift. Cunt.

正義 wrote...
Edit: Really, no one else in a whole day?

This thread's gone weeks without a new post.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
updated my phone and lost my photos and other data, but 90% of the photo were backed up
bongzilla Your Weird Cousin
The Electoral College...

that's all.
I wasted too much time listening to random crap on the radio.
14th November
Worked all weekend.

• Had at least 3 rude customers.

• Managers left early at 2pm on the Saturday during the biggest rush of the day, then one of the Sales Assistants left at 4pm leaving just myself and one other guy to deal with the crowd. Didn't die down until an hour before closing which left no time to tidy because I had to count the tills off and my coworker was taking signage out of the window on the Outlet's orders.

• One of the owners of the Outlet came in on Sunday and asked me to clean the windows and remove the last of the adhesive. On top of the billion other things I needed to do. Even gave me a deadline of two hours to do it. He came in after their supposed visit and sent in a couple of windowcleaners to finish the job. Why couldn't he have done that in the first place rather than make me waste my time?

• Someone tried getting in to buy gift wrap minutes after closing. They thought we were open because the windowcleaners were constantly using the doors and I had to turn them away.

• Had to stay behind on the Sunday evening while we all underwent a "merchandising training" session which involved us all watching a couple of people from another store redo a table then each of us redoing a table each. It was a waste of time, but since it was out of hours I was allowed to listen to music while I did my table.

• Missed a bus, and Sunday service buses are wank so I had to walk home.

I slept for 13 hours straight last night. And I'm doing it all next weekend, woohoo.

15th November
One of the LED displays on the tills is buggered so I put Loyalty cards over it. Manager came over, took them off and got funny about it. I explained I did it because the display's stuck on "Amount £10.00". She said she didn't care and to stop doing it.
Lo and behold, I had to explain to 14 customers that the display's buggered and what's displayed is not the right amount. I wanted to avoid doing that, and the possibility of a customer arguing the toss over the displayed amount compared to what they have to pay. I can almost hear the "You should honour it"s now.

18th November
Encountering minor Skyrim bugs.

I've done my best to avoid quest-related ones but some always seem to slip through the cracks; like an Elder dragon corpse that randomly spawned in the other day, giving me free stuff and a Soul, but now it keeps popping up in random places.
Plus the ones that never were fixed outside of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Like certain weapons not aligning to a weapon rack properly. Or Ghostblade disappearing entirely.

19th November
I got out of work late because one of the tills was down 30 quid. After checking the safe, it turns out one of the managers put in 30 quid too much into their banking yesterday. She's done that twice now, and both times the same amount. Clearly whoever put the floats into the tills this morning didn't actually count the money otherwise that would've been spotted.

While I was counting the safe, money kept falling out of the bags while I was counting it.
Oh well at least I don't have to count the safe tomorrow since I did it tonight.

22nd November
Heard I was bitched about because I didn't keep the stock room tidy.

I was tasked with clearing the entire stock room in one day. Even if the stock room is small, it was still a monumental job they gave me. They forget there's a load of daily and weekly stuff we have to do on Sundays, plus worrying about people's breaks. In the 9 hours I was there I only stopped to have my break and figure out where the fuck it was all going to go. There were 4 of us throughout the entire day; 2 were on till, even then I still had to cover the tills until I got someone else, and it was just me and one other for the rest of it. On top of that it was really busy and we were constantly flagged down by customers asking whether or not we had stuff, and the phone went multiple times.

Disregard the fact I actually cleared space on the floor and got a majority of it out, just fuck me because the stock room was a little untidy because I didn't allocate myself enough time to tidy it.

27th November

Work do was today. Was told earlier they could only book a meal for 5:30, but myself and another guy were working until 9. Got a bit cheesed off that we were essentially shunted out of it. We then get told by text that they were at a pub in town. On our way there they go quiet on us (stop texting back, don't pick up when we phone them). We figure they were going to ditch us. Lo and behold they weren't fucking there and continued to ignore us.

I had to walk home and I'm working tomorrow all day yet again. Fucking waste of time that was.
Anyone here ever fill their cup with ice and just walk away without actually getting the drink?

Felt like an idiot.
Spent a shitload of time doing a homework problem, just to see "You don't have to do this part" at the end.
TheGovernor57 Sergeant Fapmaster
I accidentally burnt my waffles in the toaster and now I'm very upset.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Left key at work. Only notice a block from home 45 minute walk, Crr.
4th December
I was told I get some respite from working weekends. Today I found out next weekend is the only one I have off; every other week I'm still doing Saturdays.

Not doing all weekend for a month or two at a time is a start I suppose.

5th December
I've been shitting more regularly to the point I don't know where it's all coming from since I'm not eating as much as I usually do as of late. I've also been farting a lot.

8th December
I got out of work a bit late because Chameleon, the program the tills use, didn't start up correctly and there's no way to start it manually on them (they use XP but there's nothing on the desktop or the Start menu which we don't normally have access to) so I had to restart them to be able to declare the money they took for the day on the back office computer. They take about 10 minutes to boot Chameleon up.

Not that it mattered that I got out a bit late; late night buses go every half an hour so I still had enough time to get frozen pizza from ASDA but it was still annoying.

12th December
Been seeing a lot of people get engaged after being together only a few months lately. It's wise to wait until the honeymoon period's over before you dive right in like that.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Woke up, leaned on my tablet, cracked the screen.
A girl on Snapchat sends me nudes and shlicking vids from time to time but she has the habit of going MIA for a month at a time. She came back to life today and sent me more.
But it's also the day my brother comes down and I've been hassled twice already to go downstairs and see him.

Boner killer.
jmason Curious and Wondering
Somebody didn't capitalize "I" in his SMS message to me.
I was on the shop floor on my own at work because everyone else was sat out the back chatting for the good part of an hour and I had 2 queues form in a short amount of time. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had a lack of staff on the shop floor and had massive queues form.

And the same culprits keep leaving their fucking rubbish all over the place. Today I counted 7 disposable cups, 2 still full, and 2 plastic tubs with food still in them. I'm not the tidiest person at my workplace but not putting your disposables in the bin when you're done with them fucks me off.

/rant

23rd December
  • Red patchy area's come up in the past few days on my scalp which keeps shedding skin like no tomorrow so I went and got some antidandruff shampoo. Probably won't work but it's worth a try anyway.

• Had someone think "Up to 80% off" means an 80% discount. lol you wishing wish m8. 20% with certain vouchers or go home.

• And a couple of people entered the store 2 minutes before closing. As they left they openly admitted to wanting to piss other shops off by going to them as they're closing. Joke's on them; we all shut at the same time and people want to go home, so some even lock up early. Nobody takes kindly to staying open after trading hours. I sure don't. That's why I lock the doors trapping people in until they leave and if they take their sweet goddamn time I tell them we're closed now.

24th December
A retarded customer.

Customer: I want 2 canvases but you only have the packs of 4, or singles. The singles would be too expensive if I bought two of them (it wasn't that much more expensive, couple of quid at most), and the pack of four I would have two too many. So can I just take two from the 4-pack and pay half the price?
Me: I can't do that, they have to be sold as a single unit.
Customer: Ah right I understand. You see my daughter needs it for her art course and you have exactly what I need, just have two too many. I'd be grateful if I could only get two for half the price because what am I going to do with the other two?
Me: You could have spares in case her project doesn't go as well as she'd like. I'm afraid I can't split them, they have to be sold as they are.
*proceeds to repeat himself another few fucking times*

In the end he claimed to not have any money and only had Amex (which we don't take) so he buggered off claiming to get money out and never came back.

26th December
Leant on my PS4 controller and accidentally turned the PS4 on. I'm too comfy to get up to turn it off and the TV's off, and the PS button UI was changed recently so I no have the sequence of buttons to turn it off blind memorised.

27th December
Paranoid about whether or not I closed the back door at work before I left. I know for a fact I did have it closed but I can't shake the feeling.

That's what I get for going out the front door instead of the back for a change, I guess.
CronaBaka Mellow Yellow
This is something that's insignificant to every user here besides me...

My grandmother has been taken off life support.
Not enough hours in the day to catch up with animu or gaming.

This has been a consistent theme of my life in the past few months.
Masose Ona Degenerate
I wanted to sleep in but the dog barfed all over the house so I had to get up.
CronaBaka Mellow Yellow
My grandmother stopped aging.
jmason Curious and Wondering
Someone was trying to sell not-so-cheap Chinese champagne in a flea market frequented by lower-than-middleclass families.