Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Total Votes : 6,953
SUBBED ANIME IS THE BEST~~~ Dubbed ones arent that great comparing to the subs... So Sub RULES~
subbed is and always will be the rock
For me. Subbed is for the win. I watched the dubbed version of D-Grayman and the character Allen Walker sounded totally dark compared as being a kid in the Japanese. He sound like 23 year old being evil. He supposed to be innocent person that doesnt sound evil.
well i really realy love subs but dub..yes
i like dubbed anime to well somehow like
school rumble i rally love the dubbed version of it
for exm when a anime character and the voice
of the dubber fit together that is a big WIN!!
but when the dubber voice do not fit to the anime char..i find it
really really fail..yes and when that hapen i
look for the sub..yes because sub is from the orig
voice of the character..wow..did i say more?
dubbed anime makes my ears gone mad!
sometimes they goes wrong when dubbed the dialogue!
VIVA Subbed Anime!!!
Oh.Meh.Gawd. Subbed is sooo much better then dubbed.
Totally wrote...
Subbed anime of course, i don't want to miss the cute voices from the japanese girls!
Dubbed anime just ruins the fact that they are japanese from the beginning

okay that make sense if it take place in Japan but what if it somewhere else in the world like Italy in Gunslinger Girls should they speak Italian in your subs?? Plus I like the Localization in the dub because i don't care for Japaneses joke.
Of course! Anime should be always watched in it's original form!
Dubbing just changes the atmosphere and the original flavor of the anime.
One anime that i approve of being dubbed is DBZ (and all related: DB,DBGT,and the movies).
Just leave it be..
Subbed is the best for me as I love Japanese(I would like to know it someday)!!!Dubbed is just awful:D
Ero-senin, short and very well said.
sub is better.
I can go either way sub or dub. For me its a bit diffrent because there are some japanese voice actors who play the roll of a character better then an amreican actor and vice versa. I much prefer dubs over subs because quit fankly reading and watching anime at the same time is mind torture. Plus because its in my language I can relate abit m ore. with that being said I can still watch an anime with subs just depends on the mood im in. One thing I do no i'll never watch dubs of are japanese live action cinema. It just loooks and sound so stupid-_-
I watch more subs than dubs, but sometimes the dubs can be pretty good. I don't usually like to judge a dub unless I've seen a couple of episodes. But subs are usually the best.
Dubbed done right is the best thing ever. Perfect localization and awesome voice acting is really fun to hear especially if you've watched the sub before. Unfortunately not all studios pull out Ghibli level dubs and instead stick to mediocre voice acting to horrendous ear bleeding voice acting and hilariously out of place localizations. I'd say subs. But goddamn the dubs when done right are awesome (See: crayon shin chan, FLCL, Cowboy bebop)
sumsorlow wrote...
those 9% that likes dubbed are either too lazy to read or just stupid n cant understand the words BAKAS

Forum Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/CGrascal/scaridiots.jpg

I think I lost a couple of brain cells from seeing that.
There's only a few dubbed anime in my native tongue, so I kind of got used to subs. It's fun to understand more and more Japanese phrases (and freak out the normal people around me, but I guess everybody knows about that who actually visits this site :P )
Cowboy Bebop is a good example why they should't make dubs though. There's this standing joke in the series where even Ed's father doesn't know whether Ed is a boy or a girl, and the Japanese voice is just perfectly obscure in that sense, while half of the fun gets lost in the English dubbed version. For that matter, in the Hungarian too.
Well i dont like to read much so i choose Dubbed Anime
me my self i subbed they cut to much stuff out of dubbed
9 vs 91 as of right now isnt much of a great masterdebate.
subbed anime tottaly the best dubbed sounds so bad
A great debate with a nearly obvious outcome. Subbed, all the way. The Japanese voice acting and the inflections the actors bring to their own product just cannot be replicated in English as genuinely as within this mediums own culture.