Dragon Age Origins

Ninja Lurker wrote...
My entire mentality through the whole game: "Fuck sex, let's go kill shit."

MINE IS "FUCK EVERY BITCH I SEE, KILL CHILDREN WHEN POSSIBLE"

I HAVE LIVED UP TO THIS

Ninja Lurker wrote...
Oh, and Orzammar sucks ass. Really big time.

I AM IN THIS PART OF THE GAME NOW, I DO ONE FAVOR, HE ASKS FOR ANOTHER. I KILL EVERY POOR BASTARD IN THE BAD PART OF TOWN AND THEN HE ASKS ME FOR ANOTHER FUCKING FAVOR

THIS WAS LIKE 20 MINUTES AGO, I RAGEQUIT
Ninja Lurker wrote...
My entire mentality through the whole game: "Fuck sex, let's go kill shit."

Oh, and Orzammar sucks ass. Really big time.

I suggest taking the way to Orzammar as the last place because it is really hard in there...

Also have you noticed how many heavy armor and two-handed swords are in game? Theres plenty on screenshots on the web but in reality I found 3 maybe 4 different models for two-handed swords... dissapointment ;-(
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I'm in Orzammar too, but I haven't touched the game since entering. I don't feel like helping midgets.
Orzammar is fucking long. A little too long for my taste. I got tired of it after the 3 map. But it kept going. Fucking hell.
Tsujoi wrote...
I'm in Orzammar too, but I haven't touched the game since entering. I don't feel like helping midgets.

You're going to feel even less hospitable after Orzammar, trust me.

lollercookiez wrote...

Orzammar is fucking long. A little too long for my taste. I got tired of it after the 3 map. But it kept going. Fucking hell.

Oh, it doesn't just stop at three, friend. :) After going into the Deep Roads, you'll just be wondering, "why don't they attack from THERE instead?" When you get to the canyon, you'll see my point. :p

lollollol12 wrote...

Holy shit, you too? I thought I was the only one that fucking HATED dwarves after this bullshit.

Sanders wrote...

Also have you noticed how many heavy armor and two-handed swords are in game? Theres plenty on screenshots on the web but in reality I found 3 maybe 4 different models for two-handed swords... dissapointment ;-(

Well, there is a very exceptional Massive plate armor set... not sure if you work with Massive armor, but there's a kickass set in the Brecilian Forest. There's one in the West Forest, and two in the East Forest, and one in the Werewolf Ruins. They look fantastic, and give like +10% to elemental/magic resistance per piece.

However, the revenants guarding them are pretty damn hard, save the one in the ruins, which is only guarded by a few shades and a dumb spirit. They're tombstones, and they're marked on the map, so it's pretty hard to miss them. Don't say I didn't warn you though, those revenants are pretty damn tough.

I'd post screenshots but I uninstalled after I finished the game.
Ninja Lurker wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

You're going to feel even less hospitable after Orzammar, trust me.

lollercookiez wrote...

Oh, it doesn't just stop at three, friend. :) After going into the Deep Roads, you'll just be wondering, "why don't they attack from THERE instead?" When you get to the canyon, you'll see my point. :p

lollollol12 wrote...

Holy shit, you too? I thought I was the only one that fucking HATED dwarves after this bullshit.

Sanders wrote...

Well, there is a very exceptional Massive plate armor set... not sure if you work with Massive armor, but there's a kickass set in the Brecilian Forest. There's one in the West Forest, and two in the East Forest, and one in the Werewolf Ruins. They look fantastic, and give like +10% to elemental/magic resistance per piece.

However, the revenants guarding them are pretty damn hard, save the one in the ruins, which is only guarded by a few shades and a dumb spirit. They're tombstones, and they're marked on the map, so it's pretty hard to miss them. Don't say I didn't warn you though, those revenants are pretty damn tough.

I'd post screenshots but I uninstalled after I finished the game.

I know. I beat the game. I'm playing my second playthrough. As I've said the Deep Roads are really deep. So many maps. I was hoping for something smaller like the Brecilian Forest.
Ninja Lurker wrote...
I have that armor, Sten does actually :-). This whole time I'm wearing Blood Dragon Armor because so far I havent found any better :-) Still, I have to complain about picking locks system.I mean when in NWN you wanted to open a chest as a worrior, all you could do was bashing until it breaks and if you played as rogue you were able to open it with lockpick.In DAO when you cant open the lock, you cant even destroy the container to open it...
Another defect in this game.
Sanders wrote...
Ninja Lurker wrote...
I have that armor, Sten does actually :-). This whole time I'm wearing Blood Dragon Armor because so far I havent found any better :-) Still, I have to complain about picking locks system.I mean when in NWN you wanted to open a chest as a worrior, all you could do was bashing until it breaks and if you played as rogue you were able to open it with lockpick.In DAO when you cant open the lock, you cant even destroy the container to open it...
Another defect in this game.

Speaking of which, someone actually made a mod for this. It allows the locked chest be bashed open.
lollercookiez wrote...
Speaking of which, someone actually made a mod for this. It allows the locked chest be bashed open.

Good to hear that :-)
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I like the fact that rogues are the only ones that can open locked chests. Makes the class useful outside of combat.
Tsujoi wrote...
I like the fact that rogues are the only ones that can open locked chests. Makes the class useful outside of combat.

They're also the only class with stealth so they're also uniquely useful for when you have a room full of enemies and traps.
Ramsus wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

They're also the only class with stealth so they're also uniquely useful for when you have a room full of enemies and traps.

Perhaps. I'm not sure if stealth goes off if you disarm traps though. And even if you do get into the room, it'll still suck. You'll get ass-raped easily if you attack. Rogues aren't exactly tanks and they'll go down hard and fast if they're being attacked by a large group.
lollercookiez wrote...
Ramsus wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

Perhaps. I'm not sure if stealth goes off if you disarm traps though. And even if you do get into the room, it'll still suck. You'll get ass-raped easily if you attack. Rogues aren't exactly tanks and they'll go down hard and fast if they're being attacked by a large group.

You can disarm an entire room of traps without anyone being the wiser. And naturally you shouldn't tank with the rogue, just get in the back and stab away. Rigging entire corridors with traps and the like and then luring enemies into them is half the fun of being a rogue to begin with. Still, if you are a high enough level and built your rogue correctly, you should have a godly amounts of evasion for tanking when needed. ...It really shouldn't be needed though.
tsuyoshiro wrote...
lollercookiez wrote...
Ramsus wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

You can disarm an entire room of traps without anyone being the wiser. And naturally you shouldn't tank with the rogue, just get in the back and stab away. Rigging entire corridors with traps and the like and then luring enemies into them is half the fun of being a rogue to begin with. Still, if you are a high enough level and built your rogue correctly, you should have a godly amounts of evasion for tanking when needed. ...It really shouldn't be needed though.

I've never used a trap. I don't know why. Just never used it once.
lollercookiez wrote...
tsuyoshiro wrote...
lollercookiez wrote...
Ramsus wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

Traps in this game are useless IMO.In NWN they were useful when I fought dragon, but in DAO as Im sure you realized the dragon is not chasing you, only attacks from a distance so traps sucks ;-(
There are other enemies aside from dragons, most of which are quite susceptible to trap damage. You can still throw grenades at dragons though, although the best thing is to simply have a tank wail on it while you blast away with your mage. If you are a mage, at least. Easiest win ever.
tsuyoshiro wrote...
There are other enemies aside from dragons, most of which are quite susceptible to trap damage. You can still throw grenades at dragons though, although the best thing is to simply have a tank wail on it while you blast away with your mage. If you are a mage, at least. Easiest win ever.

I modded the game so that you can redistribute all points. Specializations, attributes and abilities. So I made Morrigan my Arcane Warrior/Spirit Healer tank. Then I use my rouge and Leliana as the main damage dealers to kill all dragons. And I would have Wynne healing some more in case Morrigan wasn't doing enough. Way easy.
lollercookiez wrote...

Yea, I never really got the concept behind the trap. The only time any sort of trap seemed useful to me was in Splinter Cell and Ragnarok Online. XD
I started on nightmare mode. Mistake! I had to bring it down a few times. I went through first as a Human female noble warrior. I'm heading through a second time as a Elf male dalish rogue.
TheDarkStarAlchemist wrote...
I started on nightmare mode. Mistake! I had to bring it down a few times. I went through first as a Human female noble warrior. I'm heading through a second time as a Elf male dalish rogue.

LOL. Really? Nightmare? This is game is fucking hard enough as it is. Even hard is miserable. When you have to fight against mages along with warriors, it'll be come hell. There was one room with 3 Blood Mages and 8 warriors. It took me at least 8 reloads to get past it.
Vanilla
Tomboy
Netorare
Monster Girl
Femdom
Popular Tags Today: