Winter Writing Contest 2015

Pages Prev123
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
"That's the trouble with old people. You can push them down a flight of stairs, but as soon as you shoot them, it's murder."

Isn't that the trouble with pretty much everybody?
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
Only 9 entries? Is that less than last year? I don't remember.

Anyway, happy new year guys!

I am happy you know. That would make my job so much easier.
leonard267 wrote...

Well, most of the guys here (including me) make it their jobs to read every entries, so you could call it 'our' jobs. But 'these guys' like to read, though.

Remember when we had like >20 entries?
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
leonard267 wrote...

Well, most of the guys here (including me) make it their jobs to read every entries, so you could call it 'our' jobs. But 'these guys' like to read, though.

Yes. But judging an entry is something different altogether. A lower number of entries isn't that much of a bad thing. You can expect the judges to go through each entry more thoroughly.

I assure you that I am one of these people that you speak of who read and leave comments on the entries that are submitted every competition.
leonard267 wrote...
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
leonard267 wrote...

Yes. But judging an entry is something different altogether. A lower number of entries isn't that much of a bad thing. You can expect the judges to go through each entry more thoroughly.

I assure you that I am one of these people that you speak of who read and leave comments on the entries that are submitted every competition.

Yeah I know brah, and we're all grateful for that, just messing with ya.
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
"That's the trouble with old people. You can push them down a flight of stairs, but as soon as you shoot them, it's murder."

Isn't that the trouble with pretty much everybody?

I may be mis-remembering the line. The movie it's from, Hateful Eight, just came out in theaters, so I doubt I can find it online. However, if you push a younger guy down the stairs, I'm thinking his chances of dying aren't as good.
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
I may be mis-remembering the line. The movie it's from, Hateful Eight, just came out in theaters, so I doubt I can find it online. However, if you push a younger guy down the stairs, I'm thinking his chances of dying aren't as good.

Nioce, I've been wanting to see that movie, big fan of Quantin Taranito's works.
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...

Nioce, I've been wanting to see that movie, big fan of Quantin Taranito's works.

It's awesome. Definitely see it when you get a chance to.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
The first poll is now open, please submit your vote here.

The opening post has been updated with links to the new poll and polling system.
Xenon wrote...
Thank you for your dedicated entries, everyone.

As of now, the deadline for the contest is passed and submissions will no longer be accepted. Stay tuned for the Reader's poll that will be posted in a couple days. The other judges and I will analyze the pieces as the polling is happening so both award-winners will be announced at once and in a timely manner.

Thank you for your participation and happy New Year! May the year of 2016 bring you boundless motivation and creativity in your writing abilities.

Here is an entry that is slapped together and submitted late that you might not judge!

An Attempt at Comedy about An Old Man

On a more serious note, I hoped everyone enjoyed submitting entries for this event.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
The first poll has ended! Congratulations to Sound of Destiny!

You can find the second poll posted here, so go give your vote!

The opening post has been updated with links to the new and closed polls.
Congrats to Sounds of Destiny.

Not to be rude to the others in that poll, but I could say that we saw the result from miles ahead.

This next poll though. . .
Xenon FAKKU Writer
The second poll has ended! Congratulations to Cinia Pacifica!

You can find the third poll posted here.

The opening post has been updated with links to the open and closed polls.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
The third poll has ended! Congratulations to RavenxSinon!

You can find the fourth and final poll posted here.

The opening post has been updated with links to the new and closed polls.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
The Winners have been announced and you can find out who they are and all information pertaining to them here!

A very special congratulations to them. Well done!
Pages Prev123