Winter Writing Contest 2015

Pages Prev123Next
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Unlimited Blonde Works presents:

The Enigmatic Lady
A little something from this edgelord.

The Juvinile Ramblings
My contest entry, not to be taken seriously though: Priorities.
2 more days left?

anyhow, i wish you luck for all the deadliners. go go go for the submission :D /
Just letting the judges know I've made substantial changes to my entry.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
I'm honestly a little sad that Dawn, El Chacal, Nejik, or Sound of Destiny didn't pop up to post an entry this time.

Wow, don't count me out just yet. I'm here with an entry now.

An apology from me. I knew I was going through a substantial change in my life during this time, so I did not want to pop up here to promise something and never deliver.

Glad I did find time to finish my entry, after all.

Seriously though, I think this year's theme throws people off. Comedy obviously don't sit well with a lot of people's writing style, for example, El Chacal. We have, what, 6 entries now?

This will be our least-attended annual contest yet then T.T But that is also to say the easiest yet.
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
I'm honestly a little sad that Dawn, El Chacal, Nejik, or Sound of Destiny didn't pop up to post an entry this time.

An apology from me. I knew I was going through a substantial change in my life during this time, so I did not want to pop up here to promise something and never deliver.

Seriously though, I think this year's theme throws people off. Comedy obviously don't sit well with a lot of people's writing style, for example, El Chacal. We have, what, 6 entries now?

This will be our least-attended annual contest yet then T.T But that is also to say the easiest yet.

GOOD, GOOD. I shall face you in the arena. My dueling pistols are ready. Let's rumble!
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
GOOD, GOOD. I shall face you in the arena. My dueling pistols are ready. Let's rumble!

Then face you, I shall! With my noble steeds and chivalrous courage!

But I made a absurd entry this year. Now I'm not so sure.
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Then face you, I shall! With my noble steeds and chivalrous courage!

But I made a absurd entry this year. Now I'm not so sure.

BEHOLD MY EXCALIB- well, good luck. I'm yet to read it but I'll comment when I do. I'm very really sure about my chances either.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Dawn_of_Dark wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Nice! Great to see you enter man! I was worried you wouldn't make it.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
BEHOLD MY EXCALIB- well, good luck. I'm yet to read it but I'll comment when I do. I'm very really sure about my chances either.

I've yet to read any other entry too. Wonder what comedy madness lie bemeath this thread.

xninebreaker wrote...
Nice! Great to see you enter man! I was worried you wouldn't make it.

Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Having said that, it took me serious effort to come up with an idea for this one.

I also think the story is still somewhat crude and unpolished, even though I took great care triple-checking my tenses and punctuation. It probably needs some more revision.

That reminds me: I haven't seen your entry posted either?
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Everyone, thank you for your participation thus far.

Please make haste with any submissions or final edits you plan on making as the final deadline will be upon us in just under 14 hours. According to policy, nothing will be permitted entry or allowed to be edited after 11:59pm EST (GMT -5) tonight.

Best of luck in these last hours.
Tried experimenting a bit with this one. If ever you're gonna share your thoughts on this work of mine, please don't hold back especially for the negatives. Hope you guys enjoy!

Mother Knows Best
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Oh baby, I'm in!

I'll Never Give Up
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
I didn't manage to read all of the entries especially because most of them come flooding in at the eleventh hour. I will have to get around reading them though. Will also try to come up with something of my own and let everyone have the opportunity to play the judge.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Thank you for your dedicated entries, everyone.

As of now, the deadline for the contest is passed and submissions will no longer be accepted. Stay tuned for the Reader's poll that will be posted in a couple days. The other judges and I will analyze the pieces as the polling is happening so both award-winners will be announced at once and in a timely manner.

Thank you for your participation and happy New Year! May the year of 2016 bring you boundless motivation and creativity in your writing abilities.
Only 9 entries? Is that less than last year? I don't remember.

Anyway, happy new year guys!
"That's the trouble with old people. You can push them down a flight of stairs, but as soon as you shoot them, it's murder."
Heh, brutal.

I need to find the time to read up on everyone else's entry. So far, I've only read Rise and D's. Good luck to everyone else when the polls start.
Pages Prev123Next