[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

jasloc Attends Beacon Academy
I forgot to backup my favorites. So that sucks. Either way, I've cancelled my subscription and I'll resub when the content level reaches what it was before. I've got plenty of books to kept busy until then. I only made this choice when I went to my favorites and only saw 5-6 favorited subscriber chapters vs the 3-ish pages before that. See ya later Fakku.
Why not add a couple of ads to the website and pay with those to the authors to publish their work here for free (make is like a % per entry to their work?)? like if you get 10k per month from ads and 50% of the entries looked at 1 book so the author get a 50% of the total profit that is 5k out of 10k? it could work, just add some fine tuning like extracting cost of the domain and stuff like that, but it could work, i think.
OtakuSenpai The Overseer
That's really not how ads work and I doubt specific manga ever gets that many views because of varied tastes.

I have a serious question though. Since I pay money Jacob, can I get a monster girl soccer mom hentai soon?
Here's a decent idea. Why don't you just make the hentai's cheaper. What I mean by that is that each issue is like 25 cents and so you can pay for only what you want and not get the 13$ sub if you don't want all the content. That way it's cheap for those who want just a few a week and caters to all walks of life at the same time. This would be the best solution. So base it off of pages like 10 pages is like 15 cents 20+ is a quarter. This way you can cater to all the people who are leaving by making it possible to read the fakku's with mere pocket change. Also, I think personally you should have prepared more content to be released before you removed all of the free content and in fact had a countdown so people could have back'd up their favorites.

Seemed really sloppy even though notice was given. I'm pretty disappointed but I'll stick around a few months and see if you can make some magic happen before finding another site since I've been around a year or so.
OtakuSenpai The Overseer
As far as I know, that specific topic was pretty popular (one he linked to) where he was telling people what was happening. I paid even though I read it, too. Mind you I never favorite'd anything and the one thing I did comment on that had a bajillion upvotes was removed. If I ever "like" something, I don't use websites to tell me what they are, because websites can disappear overnight or get hacked pretty damn easily. I don't leave breadcrumbs, I just know what I like... Pettanko and oral, mostly.
I knew this was coming but I'm still disappointed. I've been a registered user since 2008 (i lurked since the advent of fakku) and I subbed to support the site but my list of favorites went from over 100 to just 1 that happened to be a subscription. I can't justify paying the monthly fee for this little bit of content especially since over 99% of my favorites were free. I'm going to let my subscription run until the end of the month but I am going to cancel after that until you can at least double the amount that is available. I understand why you had to do what you did, but ensuring that the subscription content would begin to match the free content would have gone a long way to keep your subscription base around.
Just wanted to say that I support the direction that FAKKU! is going. I am not an active member of FAKKU!, but I do not regret getting the subscription. I've enjoyed the content that has been released and can't wait for it to expand. For example, I hope that in the future there will be a video component to FAKKU! where members can actually stream hentai.

I can understand why people feel that this transition is unfair. After all before it was free and now the number of titles has been reduced. And the reduction can make one feel that a subscription is not worth it. I'm sure that I am not only subscriber that misses the unlicensed content. I really do too. One story that I miss in particular I believe FAKKU! introduced to me was Nagare Ippon's ,"A Side of My Girlfriend I Didn't Know". I never new how much I could enjoy and hate a story then. Anyway, maybe in the future it'd be possible to be reacquainted with past works on FAKKU! or maybe even buy it.

Regarding the issue about giving free content for people that cannot afford the subscription. Maybe FAKKU! could implement a system like what CrunchyRoll or Funimation. For example only a certain number of episodes of a series is available for streaming, but in order to watch more a subscription is needed. With the magazines, a similar system could be used where each issue has only select stories for free. I would imagine that this would be more feasible once the collection of works has increased on FAKKU!

Thanks for reading my post if you do and have a nice day!
everything in my favorites is gone. everything, except for Doxy's Train of Thought and Flurty. i understand why you guys went the route you did, but... man, that's super disappointing. i'll still stick around though, just in case there's other developments.
YutoOhSheRe wrote...
Here's a decent idea. Why don't you just make the hentai's cheaper. What I mean by that is that each issue is like 25 cents and so you can pay for only what you want and not get the 13$ sub if you don't want all the content. That way it's cheap for those who want just a few a week and caters to all walks of life at the same time. This would be the best solution. So base it off of pages like 10 pages is like 15 cents 20+ is a quarter. This way you can cater to all the people who are leaving by making it possible to read the fakku's with mere pocket change. Also, I think personally you should have prepared more content to be released before you removed all of the free content and in fact had a countdown so people could have back'd up their favorites.

Seemed really sloppy even though notice was given. I'm pretty disappointed but I'll stick around a few months and see if you can make some magic happen before finding another site since I've been around a year or so.

Each issue in japan is worth 6.5$ (Around 800 yen), adding its 2 issues per month and you can actualy see why its that expensive.
Yeah, per issue selling is good, but i suggest its kept online only, or with a proper drm. Since i would also like to protect the site from pirates

Jaba166 wrote...
I've been coming to Fakku for about 6 years now [pun is (not) intended], and it's been my favourite hentai site for as long as I remember. I haven't made any posts before this one, but this time I believe I actually have something I want to tell you. I understand your decision and fully support it. Piracy does no good for the industry and is morally wrong.
However, it is clear that you didn't want many people to know that all the unlicensed content would be deleted and that is messed up. I've been visiting this site regularly and I was not aware of this scheduled removal. The announcement may have been on the front page for a certain amount of time, but obviously many people missed that (me included). You could have kept it there and made it more obvious. You knew that many people would be surprised by the change, despite the fact that you've announced it, but you still made no effort to spread the information better.
I understand why you may have wanted to keep it quiet: the announcement could create a lot of negative feedback and the site could be abandoned by many even before the removal. It is also possible that you didn't want people to download the pirated scans. My problem with your way of handling the transition is that I lost most of my favourites, which I've been "collecting" for years. I don't remember most of them, so chances are, they are lost forever. I'd even be prepared to buy some of them... Is there any chance that you could give us the names of our lost favourites? Even if we're not able to read them here...

Pretty sure this was done multiple times last 6 months.

There is a difference with a person who comes here to fap and a person who wants to be part of the community.

Because if i want to fap, i wouldnt be reading at text in the front page. But looking at images
Jacob i dont know if its already asked but if you are adding bit coin again for subcription,
are you adding that in your online shop as well? especially for the digital copy because you cant pay with paypal for that anymore (i know the reason)

as for that i will stick around and lets see what this side can become.

mfg
It makes perfect sense why they would remove unlicensed content after growing so large. I definitely will not miss the bars and lines for the blurred or whited out images. I will however miss the doujin that used to be on here. There's just something about watching an anime and then looking at a doujin of it and seeing what would happen if it were real life because everything is based on sex.
Gmaster78 wrote...
If you think I'm gonna pay money just to continue reading your manga think again. I liked how the website was back then, don't have to pay to read most manga but still have some that you'll have to buy. making it where you took away people's favorite manga and have then pay just to read the ones they didn't had to is ridiculous. this website WAS the best out there.

Taking away peoples favorite manga? The manga wasn't yours. All you did was use a service that was provided for you free of charge, and now you are being a cry baby because you have to pay for that service.

Yeah, i can agree too that it sucks when a good quality free service is not free anymore, but i am not childish enough to complain about it when somebody knows how to make money from it. Also on a more personal level, i completely agree with Jacobs more of a philosophical point about wanting to support the actual content creators. And if you weren't such a selfish person, you would want to support them too.

If you actually want to own manga, buy some of the books Jacob offers here.
I'm mostly just disappointed that ALL of my Favorited content is lost, and now I have no means of finding them again.

I have zero reason to return to this website, and unfortunately I'm not sure how I'll find what I had favorited. I did not memorize the names of the manga, after all. That's why I had them favorited, after all.

...and I see no reason to subscribe to a service that doesn't have ANY of the content that I was here for.

Oh well.
Been a subscriber since the start of it all. I volunteered to to test it. I bought 4 books and a 5th is on the way and a 6th will follow once they get the preorders. I'm for one glad they are going legit and I've been waiting for it. I understand the complaints of others but this isn't the death, it's just a change. It may be the death for YOU as you will never visit the site but cons and such will bring in new readers and simulpub will keep them. I came to this site looking for Toradora dojin but it became so much more than that as time came on. Do I wish it was still on the site, yeah, but I won't stand in the way of progress. I'm a pirate, but I'm not unreasonable. Give me a product worth buying and I shall buy it. Crunchyroll and Funimation both are good. So is this site. I will pay for it all. I will however put a nail through my genitals before I buy another Warhammer 40k codex. Arrrr. Make the product easier for me than pirating it and you will have me as a customer. Maybe not the most noble of sentiments, but I traded nobility for half a Mars bar and a coke.
I will literally never pay for hentai, so now I just won't come here anymore.
Yeah rest in peace your baby fakku.net. $$ ruining yet another great thing i visited for years.
I actually am really enjoying the Subscription Service and Books so far!

Is it a shame that the free stuff is gone? Yes, but I can understand why it had to go. My only real displeasure is now that the free stuff is gone, some of my favorite tags are completely empty... (That, and I wasn't able to back up as much as I would have wanted to)

Hopefully in time, some of those tags will come back in full force with new subscription updates. (Subscription Futanari? Yes, Please!!!)

Until that time? Well, I will use this opportunity to find some new Fakku tags to explore and test drive!^^
hgatedc wrote...
Jaba166 wrote...
I've been coming to Fakku for about 6 years now [pun is (not) intended], and it's been my favourite hentai site for as long as I remember. I haven't made any posts before this one, but this time I believe I actually have something I want to tell you. I understand your decision and fully support it. Piracy does no good for the industry and is morally wrong.
However, it is clear that you didn't want many people to know that all the unlicensed content would be deleted and that is messed up. I've been visiting this site regularly and I was not aware of this scheduled removal. The announcement may have been on the front page for a certain amount of time, but obviously many people missed that (me included). You could have kept it there and made it more obvious. You knew that many people would be surprised by the change, despite the fact that you've announced it, but you still made no effort to spread the information better.
I understand why you may have wanted to keep it quiet: the announcement could create a lot of negative feedback and the site could be abandoned by many even before the removal. It is also possible that you didn't want people to download the pirated scans. My problem with your way of handling the transition is that I lost most of my favourites, which I've been "collecting" for years. I don't remember most of them, so chances are, they are lost forever. I'd even be prepared to buy some of them... Is there any chance that you could give us the names of our lost favourites? Even if we're not able to read them here...

Pretty sure this was done multiple times last 6 months.

There is a difference with a person who comes here to fap and a person who wants to be part of the community.

Because if i want to fap, i wouldnt be reading at text in the front page. But looking at images

Exactly! So, the people who didn't bother to read long ass essays on the front page had no idea what was going on. It could have been a pop-up or something that attracts more attention
i've already made note of this, but the exchange rate is really turning me off from this alongside my other issues. 12USD goes to like 16CAD and i barely work 8 hours a week trying to juggle academics and having a job. so really until the sub fee becomes more attractive or at least more accessible to users who don't want fakku on their credit card automatically renewing your subscription then this really is a good bye for a lot of people. also its already been mentioned but how exactly do you plan on bringing Dojinshi back when in general they are all unlicensed? thats what kept me in fakku anyways, the sheer accessibility of all them great Dojinshi from my favourite animes. it would be really cool for you to read and respond to these question jacob.