Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Total Votes : 5,385
If yes what did you think? If no, why not?
No, my friend seem hell bent on getting me to go to one though, and it is not as if I don’t want to go, but the big problem is lack of money and a car at the moment.
I went to sakuracon a few months ago with some friends. Probably the most fun thing I've done this year.
Never been to one, but I'm going to Anime Vegas this year. :D
No, mostly because I can't find the time to travel as far as LA. Also, my lack of friends who are interested in animé is a huge factor. I mean, what fun is Disneyland if you ride everything and take pictures of all the weird tourists alone?

I guess the whole cosplay thing might have something to do with it as well, though thanks to my recent foray into my school's theatre department that might not be such a downside after all.

...On second thought, you can't really compare students dressing up as 1930s Irishmen to internet-bred idiots dressing up as cartoon characters...
Yup. Gone to Fanime several times. Cosplayed sometimes, didn't others. Didn't go this year (annoyingly enough) due to the fact that the previous year I didn't enjoy myself as much as being around this place and knowing more about anime in general I wasn't discovering as much new stuff (which was my primary purpose in going) and because a lot of 4chan idiots were constantly shouting memes over several things I tried to watch. Well those reasons combined with budget issues due to the fact that I didn't know enough other people who wanted to go and thus share the cost of a hotel room with.
Yes, but since it's the only one in town, I go to Otakon sometimes.
Rarely though, to expensive otherwise, I'm broke!!
no but maybe someday, i just lack travel funds and people to go with
The university here holds an anime convention every year, I plan on going but this would be my first.
yes, a couple of times already... XD lots of good stuffs!!! chicks everywhere!!! XD
Been to Otakon several times. Going to conventions has always been fun for me.
I look at it as a chance to interact with a large gathering of people that are into the same stuff I am.
for now, the answer is no......

Probably someday in the future......

At my place,anime conventions is pretty rare......

And when there's a convention,it always comes at at a bad timing......

But I will definitely go to one of the conventions someday......
GreenZero Get Jinxed
Never been to one. Want to very much though.

I've never been to one because there aren't any anime conventions in my country, at least not what i know of, and it would cost too much to fly to USA just to go to an anime convention. But someday...
Went to Otakon twice, awesome time but lots of weeaboos. You meet some really cool people though.
I would like to go to one. The closest one to me is in London, I just haven't had the chance to go yet - but I will soon.
I live in Australia and have been to Waicon Twice and Supanova 3 times, and I love anime conventions, they are awesome! =3
wish more pretty girl cosplayers
and NO X-dressing cosplayers ( especially from boy to a girl )

i saw a huge and fat guy cosplaying as haruhi one day in anime con...
the worse sight of my life :)
yes, super nova im from australia

hi fakku
Went to A-kon and stopped by the Fakku booth and it was awesome :D, I will be greatly disappointed if I don't get to see you guys next year at A-kon.

Hope to see ya'll there.
I have been to animeboston several times. They were very entertaining but they can be hit or miss with the panels they hold.