At what age were you introduced to anime?

At what age were you introduced to anime?

Total Votes : 7,012
well, I watched anime since a I was a small kid, but I didn't know it was called "anime" or were japanese cartoons until I became around 16 or 18... yes 18!!!. Then Hentai came to my menu and the saga was complete!
I was around 9 or 10 when I started watching Toonami. I'd seen Speed Racer many times before, but wasn't aware of anime as a whole until I started watching Robotech.
I started pretty much at the age of 13,my friend showed me some anime vids that contained some good stuff and before I knew it,I've gotten into it,My first 3 anime were:Beelzeebub,The Breaker and Rosario + Vampire.
(Oh and Pokemon,didn't know what Anime was at that time though...)
Although I did watch DBZ, Pokemon, Tokyo Underground, etc prior to this. A couple years ago hentai doujinshi got me into anime officially lol...
6 onwards and until now...I'm proud of calling myself an Otaku...:3
Bet you $20 this is the strangest answer on here.

Runescape.

I shit you not, it was talking with friends on runescape who got me to go read Negima. Funny as hell and it only spiraled down hill from then on out.
When i was 7 i saw Robotech for the first time and after that i was hooked :)
Ballparking it, I would say from 10-12 years old when I first saw Princess Mononoke. Soon after I watched Adult Swim and saw Gundam 08th MS Team. Both sparked my fandom for anime and Gundam's UC Timeline especially.
In my country, they always aired anime movies and stuff every now and then... but they were classics. So since less than five. My first anime was probably DB though.
I was like 3 when I was living in Japan. The 1st anime I watched or that I can remember was Akira, even if its a movie still counts. My 1st anime, anime was One Piece/Shin Chan. 1st Manga was Naruto.
I used to watch animes since I had my memory developed... I learnt that those were animes only a couple of years ago... As far as I remember I used to watch Voltron, Grandizer, Kimba:The white lion (I'm still not sure whether it is cartoon or anime) and the good 'ole Captain Tsubasa (It's name was Captain Majed when I was watching)... Ahh... Those days...!!
I'm sure it was somewhere along 4 when I watched Dragonball, Sailor Moon or Saint Seiya.
But it was till around 9 when I knew what anime was so I picked that option.
Btw, my first consciously watched series was Cardcaptor Sakura.
LOL at age of 11 I think...
I first saw anime at a young age but i didn't know what it was besides the fact that it was darker than what i usually watched. I can't remember what the title of the anime was, but i remember the scene of the anime quite well it was like something similar to yu yu hakusho but much darker with a standing in front of a man that was dying from a hanging and the man standing in front of the dying man shot a beam from his hand saying to the hung man "now die!" I know it may seem a little far fetched; but its what i remember from that night when i was on my asthma medication using a machine that helped my breathing.
Sailor Moon, because it was on early in the morning when my mother and I had to get up. Then came Pokemon and Dragonball Z.
Well the first anime I got into was Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon. But Yu-Gi-Oh was my all time favorite. Some dragonball, and Digimon. But later on at my teen years I got into Naruto and some serious anime.
Well, I was introduced to anime since i was 4, with pokemon and one piece broadcasted on TV, but I got into anime seriously when I was 12 after being introduced to Lucky Star and Nagasarete Airantou.
My first anime ever was probably My Neighbor Totoro, when I was really really young. My parents first showed it to my brother and I when I was around probably 4 or something and we watched it a bunch. We then started watched a bunch of Saturday cartoons, mainly Pokemon, at around 7 years of age but I didn't get into the whole anime thing until I was around 12 or 13 when I turned on the TV one night and found Inuyasha. Things went on from there.
Since the age of 5 I would always watch on Saturdays Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Sonic X, Salor Moon, Pokemon, Yugioh, and all that good stuff.
6ish, Dragonball Z, salor moon, pokemon, and digimon <3 so a mix of toonami and fox kids XD