[GE] Antw0n's Guide to Gundam + Gundam General Discussion

Pages Prev123456Next
Antw0n wrote...
Eibon wrote...
This thread was past due. What made you give 08th MS Team only 4 zaku's instead of 5?

It was a great series with a great story, but the very realistic way it's depicted, which clearly makes in the black sheep among other Gundams, just didn't appeal to me as much as the usual Gundam style.

What do you mean [mobile suit gundam: the 08th ms team] black sheep? Did you not rate gundam f91 a 2 zaku heads when you made this post?

The mass produced ground type RX-79 were made using the spare parts from the original RX-78-2 gundam but even so, they can get destroyed by a zaku w/c sucks but can still happen in real combat.

Realism is also sometimes good; as we get older, we may want to watch something that has not been tried or used yet for a certain genre so when I watched the 08th ms team, I was surprised that the mobile suits they used were really mot powerful and the soldiers from both sides, feddies and zekes actually have to use strategy w/c makes every battle a calculated chess game. Too bad they did not put any sequels for this...

-DarkdaemonPK2
Antw0n Remember me?
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
Antw0n wrote...
Eibon wrote...
This thread was past due. What made you give 08th MS Team only 4 zaku's instead of 5?

It was a great series with a great story, but the very realistic way it's depicted, which clearly makes in the black sheep among other Gundams, just didn't appeal to me as much as the usual Gundam style.

What do you mean [mobile suit gundam: the 08th ms team] black sheep? Did you not rate gundam f91 a 2 zaku heads when you made this post?

~snip

I didn't read much of that but with a quick Google of "Black sheep phrase" I see it means "disgraced member of the family"- what I really meant was "unique among the others".
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Antw0n wrote...
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
Antw0n wrote...
Eibon wrote...

~snip

I didn't read much of that but with a quick Google of "Black sheep phrase" I see it means "disgraced member of the family"- what I really meant was "unique among the others".
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ahh...Okay. Just be careful about the words your using; I know you mean well but sometimes it may lead to TROs if not understood properly.

-DarkdaemonPK2
Kadushy Douchebag
Gundam Seed is still awesome.
Antw0n Remember me?
Kadushy wrote...

Kadushy is still homo.
Kadushy wrote...

Sorry but I have to partially agree, even if that makes me a homo as well.

Then again, let me be specific: SEED was and still is a good Gundam show and very worth watching despite its many shortcomings. Destiny, on the other hand... let's just say that we could've lived without it (I'll be honest, I did enjoy it as well, though some parts-characters-other stuff were downright stupid and annoying).

I'd give 3,5 Zakus to SEED and 2,5 to Destiny overall.
I don't get... what's so bad about SEED? I mean Destiny I can understand, we had Shit Assfuck as the main character and the plot was all over the place, but SEED wasn't half bad. The thing I really like about SEED was it was MSG with a whole new take on it, the discrimination between Naturals and Coordinators and vice versa, I mean I really freaking loved SEED. I didn't even like SEED that much until I went back and watched all of UC, cause then you can see where the SEED creator wanted to to recreate MSG and where he wanted to put his own spin on things. And I guess I can see where people are coming from with the characters, cause I don't like Kira much myself, but I don't really see him as a bad character like most do. Now Shinn Asuka... that's a bad character. That's a VERY bad character.
SEED was cool, I give 3 zakus. Destiny... not even worth a Ball.
Antw0n Remember me?
I've started a Gundam Discussion group on Skype.
Anyone who wants to join can PM me- there's only 3 of us as of now.
SEED was nice. I don't have much problems with it. kira wasn't even a fucking jesus in SEED.
Kaimax Best Master-San
winter55 wrote...
SEED was nice. I don't have much problems with it. kira wasn't even a fucking jesus in SEED.

Yes, SEED was average likeable, but DESTINY is the real problem. I'd give just one zaku, just because I fuckin like Destiny Gundam.
I'll take flasers word on this and watch what he suggests~o: I wish I could have finished seed at least..(damn being a child and toonami times..-mumbles-)
But Mobile Suit Gundam Wing will forever live on in my pants heart~! /female
hero ://L
Kaimax wrote...
zeroniv_legend wrote...
Kaimax wrote...
Gundam Age, just give it a 1 Zaku, Sunrise themselves has already claimed it was a failure.

Ahahahahaha, this news made my day lololololololol.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=426833&show=0

I'd give it a half. I literally went through 49 episodes marathon. It's really not worth anyone's time.

The only reason I gave it time was for my own judgement. The results was just as I thought of it to be: Predictable to literally no end. Really crappy character development, awful color schemes and mobile suit design, and a predictable timeline to top it off.

Again why I spent time on this? To judge and analyze the Gundam factor in AGE.
Darn so thats the story for having a 39 ep Gundam X...
I would have wanted a variant of Gundam DX such a DX that uses Gundam X Divider's shield

can I post here a link of Gundam X? its a torrent btw in bakabt
3 Zakus seems a good rating for it

Spoiler:
just placing it for future use
Forum Image: http://www.japanator.com/elephant//ul/6481-a-lego-gundam-appeared-/bright-slap-620x.jpg
Kaimax Best Master-San
rowanatkinson23 wrote...
I would have wanted a variant of Gundam DX such a DX that uses Gundam X Divider's shield

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://www.japanator.com/elephant//ul/6481-a-lego-gundam-appeared-/bright-slap-620x.jpg

Gundam X got cancelled because of Time slots... >_>

It's a sad gundam moment.
Kaimax wrote...
rowanatkinson23 wrote...

Spoiler:

Gundam X got cancelled because of Time slots... >_>

It's a sad gundam moment.

we could have more Tiffa if it was continued! or more deaths due prolonged character developments... The ending arc doesn't seem so rushed were they noted they'll be cancelled or they have a feeling they would?
Kaimax Best Master-San
rowanatkinson23 wrote...
The ending arc doesn't seem so rushed were they noted they'll be cancelled or they have a feeling they would?

wikipedia wrote...
According to Japan's Weekly The Television magazine, the series peaked at 6.2% of the viewing audience watching which averaged 4.3% during the first two quarters,[1] about the same as Gundam series from the mid-1990s onward. In October 1996, the third quarter was moved from a Friday afternoon 5:00 PM timeslot to a Saturday morning 6:00 AM timeslot, suffering declining ratings.

Aftermath

gundam wikia wrote...
The poor rating turn outs also lead to multiple time slot changes for the series, pushing it back further and conflicting with other shows airing at the time. These time slot moves caused the producers to start dropping out of the series. Not wanting to end the series abruptly, changes were made to compress the remaining episodes and complete the series.
Well, Gundam X was not only rushed, but even years after its airing, it still gets shafted in Gundam-related games. In SD Gundam G Generation DS, the Gundam X was the only Gundam X related unit. That's it. And it only had Tifa and Garrod as pilots. Sad because Gundam X is freakin' awesome and deserves more credit. There is a sequel manga titled Gundam X: Under the Moonlight, but no one has translated the whole thing...

On another note, Gundam Seed IS bad. It's more than just a failed UC clone, but there are so many visual and pacing issues. For one thing, the series was rampant with stock footaging that was obvious and full of flashbacks and recaps. I mean, who the hell airs a recap AFTER a recap? Let's also not forget that the integrity of the storyline was often compromised for the sake of increasing model sales. On that note, Mitsuo Fukuda had interesting ideas, but he was retarded for hiring his goddamn wife as the head writer. As such, she had too much control over the project. This was an issue with GS, but even more so in Gundam Seed Destiny. And for those who don't think Kira was overpowered, let's take a look: single-handedly took on 4 other Gundams consistently, survived an explosion WHEN THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE COCKPIT, and then magically takes out all his enemies with his stock footaged Hi-MAT Burst and this only works every time because his enemies magically are aligned in straight lines all the damn time.

I won't say too much about GSD, but what I will say is that Shin is the victim of a shitty writer. After all, he had a good start, but because Morosawa neglected the newer cast, Shin's character development fell to the wayside for more Kira and friends taking over. Luckily, that's why we have games like Super Robot Wars. It's to the point that Shin's seiyuu states that the "true" Shin exists not in GSD, but Super Robot Wars.

Overall, I blame Mitsuo Fukuda, but most of it is on Chiaki Morosawa. It's to the point that when she was suffering from cancer, instead of sympathizing with her, I instead hoped it was brain cancer. You just don't fuck with Gundam like that.

My first Gundam Series is Gundam Wing so I really Can't Hate it(Love Death Scythe and Wing Zero).

Gundam Seed is also a cool series for me because of the "Four Gundams VS One Gundam" theme of the story.

Gundam Seed Destiny, I like it a little bit though not as much as Seed; ...series' saving grace would be the cool design of Strike Freedom Gundam(I'm a sucker for Winged Gundams) and catchy insert songs.

Regarding Gundam 00, I find the names of the characters awkward-sounding like Halleluiah Haptism or Revive Revival. The names may sound cool for some people but for me it's really lame. Character design for Sumeragi Lee Noriega is great though.

Regarding Gundam Age, for me the story is not that bad however the Character's Design somehow reminds me of a certain Children's Anime....mmm I think it's Beyblade or something.
Sophia-Ri wrote...

Regarding Gundam Age, for me the story is not that bad however the Character's Design somehow reminds me of a certain Children's Anime....mmm I think it's Beyblade or something.

Well I understand that part, I played Inazuma Eleven 1,2, and 3 (The DS games w/ minor translations), got hooked, watched the anime, then watched AGE. I feel the character designs "different" but its [size=14]not[/h] that I hate it. They've got good gundams too so it was OK for me. AGE too can give off a "why do you have to die?" feeling.

Gundam Legilis yey
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120708095957/gundam/images/a/aa/Gundam-legilis.png

Spoiler:
I think I can final see the rushed part, space was only introduced at ep 32, Garrod's 1st exp in space. There should be more stuff going while in space and can be done with 10 more eps
Pages Prev123456Next