[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

I understand why you did it but I missed the announcement six weeks ago so I want to ask some questions.

1) Will you try to get some of the deleted scanlations back licensed?

2) Can you add more price options for subscribers?

3) Will I not be able to read anything here until I subscribe now?
Been holding out on subbing until I finished going through the three Fakku books I bought. My faprate is lower than some other users. Now I'm finally subbed.

I look forward to perusing the content over the next few months. I always love a chance to support media creators and localization teams.
SenatorSmash Lord Knows I'd Smash
miss-esquire wrote...
Our hormones encourage us to seek this out less frequently than guys. So $9/month really translates to $9/ up to 5 days use. A monthly commitment doesn't make a lot of sense for me. You might devise a system for impulse shoppers? Day fee? You'll capture more women that way.

This... is really left field for me.

I've never heard of someone using gender as a reason for price adjustments. The weirdest thing about this is that you've brought up about how your gender would make you want to buy content less frequently, yet my past experiences, in previous conventions and forums I've used, has shown me that not only do women peruse H-mangas just as much as guys do, but I've met 2 women who are more active at watching/reading Hentai/H-manga than I am, and I've read H-manga daily ever since I wandered onto this website 7 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for the idea of getting new payment methods whenever the opportunity arises, but the reasoning caught me by surprise.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
bazara wrote...
I understand why you did it but I missed the announcement six weeks ago so I want to ask some questions.

1. Because we only have license with wani, plus a lot is from a year to 15 years ago, a lot won't be coming back unless we employ more translators. If we do then it will add to the price since with the books and the current two magazines with a few back chapters. They are only going back 6 issues from start of our simulcast with a chance of more later. They're 10+ magazines x 12 x (start year to now) that a lot of translating. Most likey when we get the next mag they will back translate a few, but then again one or two more wouldn't add to the price increase for awhile.

2. They are talking with themselves and wani probley with release digital issues you can buy to keep. Also a best of issue print edition maybe later.

3. Jacob is talking with the japanese with what can be in a free library.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
SenatorSmash wrote...
miss-esquire wrote...
Our hormones encourage us to seek this out less frequently than guys. So $9/month really translates to $9/ up to 5 days use. A monthly commitment doesn't make a lot of sense for me. You might devise a system for impulse shoppers? Day fee? You'll capture more women that way.

I've never heard of someone using gender as a reason for price adjustments. The weirdest thing about this is that you've brought up about how your gender would make you want to buy content less frequently, yet my past experiences, in previous conventions and forums I've used, has shown me that not only do women peruse H-mangas just as much as guys do, but I've met 2 women who are more active at watching/reading Hentai/H-manga than I am, and I've read H-manga daily ever since I wandered onto this website 7 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for the idea of getting new payment methods whenever the opportunity arises, but the reasoning caught me by surprise.

Doesn't surprise me too much actually, some guys aren't as active either. I think it's probably more of an individual thing than a gender thing. And as Romana mentioned (that I agree with), there is entertainment value in it too, for some it's not strictly for fapping.

But yes, price flexibility would be nice if possible, for whatever the reason.
Bit of a shock but understandable and something that I fully support. Considering the amount of work that goes into even the most basic of H-Mangas the artists need people to pay for their work.

I probably won't be able to afford a subscription but have bought books from FAKKU in the past and will continue to do so when I can, despite international shipping costs shooting me in the knees. If there's more work from Kisaragi Gunma available then I'll buy even more.
SenatorSmash Lord Knows I'd Smash
blackice85 wrote...
SenatorSmash wrote...

Doesn't surprise me too much actually, some guys aren't as active either. I think it's probably more of an individual thing than a gender thing. And as Romana mentioned (that I agree with), there is entertainment value in it too, for some it's not strictly for fapping.

TBH, I don't come to FAKKU to fap... unless if it's Doxy's work, and quite possibly a couple others. Some artists know how to accentuate a character just right to get me going. In fact, despite Vanilla being my favorite tag, if there is literally no plot or small-talk/conversation throughout the H-manga, I tend to get turned off by them. (Not in the horny sense, but in the entertainment sense)

With the exception of Doxy's works, I can't remember the last time I fapped to H-manga.
bazara wrote...

1) If they are original works and we can talk to the artist and work out a deal then yes, probably. But that won't happen for awhile. It's going to take some time to convince the artists in Japan that we're legitimate and build their trust in us.

2) Working on it.

3) For magazine content? Yes.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
SenatorSmash wrote...
blackice85 wrote...
SenatorSmash wrote...

TBH, I don't come to FAKKU to fap... unless if it's Doxy's work, and quite possibly a couple others. Some artists know how to accentuate a character just right to get me going. In fact, despite Vanilla being my favorite tag, if there is literally no plot or small-talk/conversation throughout the H-manga, I tend to get turned off by them. (Not in the horny sense, but in the entertainment sense)

With the exception of Doxy's works, I can't remember the last time I fapped to H-manga.

Agreed, story and dialogue are big for me too, hence the reason I've always sought out translations.
luinthoron wrote...
Pyronex wrote...
I wish I paid attention so I could have listed the titles of all my favorites fuuuuuuck....

This was fixed a while ago:

Kisuka wrote...
When exporting your collections / favorites, the removed content will now be in your export.

I hope there's a god and he blesses the shit out of you.
Fine, take away all the free content thats fare, but make it so we can use prepaid credit cards to subscribe for subscriptions.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
UnderCoverMother wrote...
Fine, take away all the free content thats fare, but make it so we can use prepaid credit cards to subscribe for subscriptions.

Is it Mastercard or Visa? Sounds like it should work, but maybe those cards won't authorize adult services perhaps?

Check with the card issuer to see if you need to add some form of verification to use it for online payments. Some card issuers will block online transactions.
Kisuka wrote...

Check with the card issuer to see if you need to add some form of verification to use it for online payments. Some card issuers will block online transactions.

This is the only site it wont work on its a visa, haven't had an issue with it till this site. And I don't use my real credit card for any purchases online. /:
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Kisuka wrote...

This is the only site it wont work on its a visa, haven't had an issue with it till this site. And I don't use my real credit card for any purchases online. /:

Have you ever used it for any adult sites though? I wonder if those cards have any kind of restrictions like that.
Kisuka wrote...

Have you used it on any other adult service before? Did any of those service before ask you to input a zip code or address associated with the card? Our processor requires that the card being used have a valid zip code and address associated with it for verification purposes.
After coming back from a long hiatus, I came back to see Fakku.... changed. And not just a small change, but quite a massive one. I came back to visit and check up on how things are going, but it seems like, it turned for the worse. I understand that there are some things that we all want to be morally right on, and it seems like piracy is a big no-no for you, Jacob. While I applaud you for that, it is the very same reason I am going to leave this site for good.

Do not misunderstand me, I am not leaving out of spite or anger, in fact, I fully understand your decision and in your shoes, under the same pressure I probably would have done the same.

On the issue of Piracy, I feel like it's not an issue that can be eradicated just because you stopped. Making Fakku such a big iconic hentai site has, unfortunately, been to your detriment, and probably been the key factor that has forced your hand on this. A misconception that you have is that, you can end piracy. Piracy is a tradition of the internet, a tradition enjoyed by many. I think you know how much your site will suffer from this moral decision, and I applaud that.

Like many others have said, the fundamental reason why I frequent this site is because of the outstanding UI that is second to none. 4-5 years ago when I was trawling the internet, and upon stumbling on this site, I immediately fell in love with how organized everything is, and how... orderly it seemed.

Unfortunately, having had enjoyed free content for such a long time, made me devalue the service that you offered. Even till now, with this new system you just imposed, it makes me sad that I have to pass through a paywall to enjoy content.

Initially, when fakku books started, I bought a few books to commemorate such a moment with you guys, because deep down I knew that, no service should be offered for free, and it was my obligation to front up some cash to ensure the survival of what I had loved. But now, what I loved for so long, changed. I do not have have the financial backing to continue on this website, and also sorely disagree with your decision.

Let me offer an alternative.

Recover all the files you have removed and host it on a new website. This new website will not be hosted by you, instead, but an anonymous volunteer group that will be in charge of maintaining the new site, this volunteer group will be from the old fakku, and will be people who are willing to keep this tradition alive.( I'm sure you understand why the anonymous group is needed instead of yourself) After the site has been created, import all the unlicensed stuff there. Put up a small notification for Fakku users that this new site exists. Now, alias Fakku under this new website. Fakku will still remain the website we all love, and maintain the paywall that it needs.

How will Fakku survive?
Fakku will survive by promotion material of the new website. In fact, I would rather see an advertisement from fakku to buy a book than to fuck a milf that lives near me. When new content comes up on the new website, place a small link for the paid version to the Fakku website. Instead of making people who want to view content pay, make people who love the content and want to 'own' it pay. No doubt that you will not obtain as much money as you did before, but this stop-gap measure satisfies 2 groups of people and leave the 3rd group grasping at nothing, but still generating revenue for the artists. 1. You, as the host of the site, 2. the people who frequent Fakku, 3. the Japanese authorities who try to hunt the anonymous group down.

I think my plan is pretty fool-proof, and any further suggestions would be awesome. Heck, if you decide to take on the plan, I'll be more than happy to admin the new site.

But if not, goodbye Fakku,
We had good years, and now it's time for change.
boltsandguns Electroshock TheRapist
TheOnlyKami wrote...

Let me offer an alternative. [/b]

Recover all the files you have removed and host it on a new website. This new website will not be hosted by you, instead, but an anonymous volunteer group that will be in charge of maintaining the new site, this volunteer group will be from the old fakku, and will be people who are willing to keep this tradition alive.( I'm sure you understand why the anonymous group is needed instead of yourself) After the site has been created, import all the unlicensed stuff there. Put up a small notification for Fakku users that this new site exists. Now, alias Fakku under this new website. Fakku will still remain the website we all love, and maintain the paywall that it needs.

How will Fakku survive?
Fakku will survive by promotion material of the new website. In fact, I would rather see an advertisement from fakku to buy a book than to fuck a milf that lives near me. When new content comes up on the new website, place a small link for the paid version to the Fakku website. Instead of making people who want to view content pay, make people who love the content and want to 'own' it pay. No doubt that you will not obtain as much money as you did before, but this stop-gap measure satisfies 2 groups of people and leave the 3rd group grasping at nothing, but still generating revenue for the artists. 1. You, as the host of the site, 2. the people who frequent Fakku, 3. the Japanese authorities who try to hunt the anonymous group down.

I think my plan is pretty fool-proof, and any further suggestions would be awesome. Heck, if you decide to take on the plan, I'll be more than happy to admin the new site.

But if not, goodbye Fakku,
We had good years, and now it's time for change.

Words cannot express how fucking awful this idea is, Wani and any other publisher would drop FAKKU in an instant if they tried this. Before you bring it up 'lol anon group is running it' isnt a defense the publishers are not required to work with FAKKU, its an olive branch that they have so far put up with the transition period.
I have been on Fakku a very long time now. I have tried to support this site by buying books, but I have found the subscription doesn't really appeal to me.

These are issues I have with current Fakku subscription system:
  • I have no idea what random assortment of content I am getting. Sure I could research and try to figure out from the few screenshots available, but honestly I don't come to this site to try to research hentai.

• These subscription updates really seem a bit unorganized. This format might have been fine when it was free when you could read a few pages to see if it was worth reading, but if you are paying money I think there needs to be more ability to quickly find what you are interested in. A lot of sites offer customized suggestions to help people discover new interesting series.

• The subscription is too pricey for what I am looking for. I assume that you believe you offer $10 worth of hentai a month, but I really I don't think I would look at $10 worth of hentai. If you look at a lot of services like Netflix they offer a lot more content for a similar monthly subscription. I realize that this is a smaller market etc., but there needs to be more options to meet different consumer needs and demands.

• I feel like I would rather own or be able to download things. I don't really like having to use your browser, which doesnt work that well on some of my devices.

• There is no very little reason for people who can't afford to pay subscription to visit Fakku. Losing a lot of users is losing a lot of potential future revenue as well.

Suggestions:
  • Give people 5-10 Free Chapters a month. This will help attract users and keep them here. Many users want some idea of what you are offering before they purchase a subscription.

• Different levels of subscriptions. Cheaper ones can increase the limit of chapters you can view in a month.

• Allow direct purchase of single chapters. Maybe establish a Fakku Wallet you can charge up.

• For subscribers or people who spend enough money allow them to preview maybe the first 5 pages of any chapter to allow them to judge if the content is what they are interested in.
Sadly, I am out now. Good luck.