FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
luckydog001 wrote...
Daiz wrote...
Besides this, there's been a minor change with touch controls: you can no longer tap the sides to change pages - instead tapping anywhere will always just toggle the visibility of the UI. From now on, you should always use swiping to change pages. This will hopefully reduce unwanted page changes when trying to toggle the UI or when zooming via double tapping.

I am sorry, can this feature be a section in settings to toggle on/off, personally speaking I just want to tap, not swipe.

Seconding this! The swiping also also makes the whole reader frame reappear with every page change instead of the previous "fullscreen" reading without disturbance...
Daiz FAKKU Developer
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
The swiping also also makes the whole reader frame reappear with every page change instead of the previous "fullscreen" reading without disturbance...

The only thing that should show when swiping is the swiping arrow, so this doesn't sound normal - what OS and browser is this happening in?
Daiz wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
The swiping also also makes the whole reader frame reappear with every page change instead of the previous "fullscreen" reading without disturbance...

The only thing that should show when swiping is the swiping arrow, so this doesn't sound normal - what OS and browser is this happening in?

iOS 10.2.1 on the IPhone 7 with Google Chrome as the browser
Daiz FAKKU Developer
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

That's... odd. We tested this with both an iPad and an iPhone 6S using Chrome and only the arrow shows up as expected when swiping, while the top bar remains hidden as intended.
Daiz wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...

That's... odd. We tested this with both an iPad and an iPhone 6S using Chrome and only the arrow shows up as expected when swiping, while the top bar remains hidden as intended.

Maybe my phone is evil...
But thanks for your efforts!
Daiz wrote...
A minor update has been released for the reader. If you were having issues on Android with Chrome 56, the problems should now be fixed.

Besides this, there's been a minor change with touch controls: you can no longer tap the sides to change pages - instead tapping anywhere will always just toggle the visibility of the UI. From now on, you should always use swiping to change pages. This will hopefully reduce unwanted page changes when trying to toggle the UI or when zooming via double tapping.

That's all for now!

Can this be made into an option? I'm not a fan of having to swipe to change pages. The arrow that shows up when you swipe is also a bit annoying
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
The "You are now reading with Left to Right controls" notification pops up every single time when going to the second page despite the direction already being set to that in the settings. Not too big a problem, but it is a bit distracting and clearly unnecessary.
EDIT: It seems to be working now for some reason.

Having an issue on the two page spreads, I'm not sure if I just have the wrong settings or what, but it's not showing them both at the same time. Any help on fixing it/making it display properly would be appreciated.

Here's my settings on the color spread from earlier. I normally have it 'single with spreads' but put it to 'two pages when possible' to see if that'd do anything, but it didn't.
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/3UzV8vE.png
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Chapters 8 and 9 of Super Dimensional Love Gun are redirecting back the last page of chapter 7.
NVM it's fixed
Bug with PM does not show Reply button. But whenever I reply by changing /url it creates a new message
I frequently view the site on iPad using iOS 9.3.5 (most recent update for my device) on Chrome and recently I have run into an issue reading in frullscreen on both the current and beta versions of the site. I've only had this problem recently, and periodically in the past. When I press to enter fullscreen mode and I'm instructed to scroll to accomplish this, nothing changes for me on th scree. Instead, the black overlay that covers the screen moves upwards slightly without taking me into full screen viewing mode. Not sure if this is caused by the change in page scrolling or something else since I did not use the site during the time the change was made. When I had this issue previously, refreshing the page fixed my issue. This does not work currently.
Hello, i've just buy Meaty Meaty Ikumi Color 2 + 3 Digital Edition.
No problem with Meaty Meaty Ikumi 3, but i can't download Meaty Meaty Ikumi Color 2.
I don't have the download button on the page, only the read online one.
Please, can you do something ?

Edit: Thanks Jacob.
Whenever I go from page 1 to page 2 of any chapter on the site the status bar for what the content control is appears at the bottom.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/1DZPyyG.jpg

This happens across all IOS devices
IOS 10.3.1
Safari browser.

This was already posted 2 posts above me but you can't go fullscreen in the chrome browser when using an IOS device.
odogkiller42 wrote...
I frequently view the site on iPad using iOS 9.3.5 (most recent update for my device) on Chrome and recently I have run into an issue reading in frullscreen on both the current and beta versions of the site. I've only had this problem recently, and periodically in the past. When I press to enter fullscreen mode and I'm instructed to scroll to accomplish this, nothing changes for me on th scree. Instead, the black overlay that covers the screen moves upwards slightly without taking me into full screen viewing mode. Not sure if this is caused by the change in page scrolling or something else since I did not use the site during the time the change was made. When I had this issue previously, refreshing the page fixed my issue. This does not work currently.

Yep, I'm having the same problem but on iOS 10.0.2. Gonna try to update to 10.3.1 to see if it helps. Using a Mini 4 if that helps.

Only started happening in March. Was using my iPad to read for the longest and it has always worked before.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
Maybe my phone is evil...
But thanks for your efforts!

I sometimes use an Asus tablet and noticed this weekend that I had to 'tap' for the UI, then tap the UI controls (author name, left arrow, right arrow, etc.).

If I swiped it would work, but man, I am right handed and swiping with my left thumb was starting to wear me out...

Totally unrelated, I would love a follow button on posts, so that I can get notification of new activity in a forum topic. Otherwise, I am trolling through pages just to see if someone has posted in the thread. That is why I usually quote, seems like the only way to let people know of a new post.
I've noticed that after the recent UI update that the front page only goes as far a page 10. On desktop that goes as far as Comic X-Eros #50
Forum Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/237076486190923778/304245659710783500/unknown.png
I'm having issues with remaining logged in to Fakku when on my PC. When I try to read something, it says "Page x failed to load. Reload or log out and back in to try again". It logs me out no matter what I do and the issue repeats.
Not sure if the bug was reported but shouldn't you guys check if a user has bought a book whenever they click on the book img. If I have already bought the book, I expect to be directed to the first page of the book, not the activation of .js-purchase-product.
I'd like to suggest the following changes for touchscreens.

Make it so that tapping the right half of the page goes forward, and tapping the left half goes back.

Right now, it's difficult to pull out the options/thumbnail menu without accidentally going forward a page, maybe make it so that tapping the top 10% of the page not register as a page change?

Also, I personally think that the hitomi.la online reader is one of the best I've used on both desktop/touchscreen (although the fakku index spread is really nice). Unobtrusive options: no need to get to a separate menu for commonly used options, easy access to single/2page spread option, good page select, hideable option bar etc.
Did fakku recently change servers? Recently the site loads slower than usual and the reader temporarily loads nothing or very very slow...